NASA Astronaut shocked by UFO flying overhead

Conspirator

PostThu Aug 15, 2013 5:39 am » by *WillEase*

Upload to Disclose.tv

Published on Aug 14, 2013

Two astronauts of Apollo 17 collect rock and soil samples and suddenly one of them gets really excited as he spots "something weird" flying over his head.

You probably need to watch the video a couple times as it happens very fast!!!

Normally NASA astronauts follow a "script" and they know exactly what and when to say.
This astronaut however was too shocked by something he had never seen before. He forgets his "lines" and no longer follows the script. Instead a long and not planned discussion and conversation starts. The astronaut is truly amazed. Unlike his colleague, who seems to be in charge. The astronaut asks what these objects were that flew over his head. Than it becomes hilarious. Flabbergasted, the second astronaut does also not know what to say! This was not planned and not in the script. He is however aware of the fact that they are being watched by NASA officials.

After a short period of silence he says that it was a blast coming from the dial shaped disc of the high gain antenna on the rover (vehicle). More objects start flying over and again we hear genuine excitement. Than the astronaut realizes that he had said something he should not have said in front of the cameras and NASA. He reluctantly accepts the vague explanation. He is really annoyed and you hear sarcasm and disbelief in the undertone of his voice.

NASA tries to save this unpleasant situation and intervenes as CAPCOM confirms that it was a blast from the antenna and that it happened before.

According to the astronaut who clearly is in charge, this blast from the antenna is just "routine".

This is an interesting video. Styrofoam blowing up? This has happened before? When this really would be the case, would they not have taken countermeasures? Space programs are planned with utmost precision and they do not take any risks with equipment and astronauts. So what do you think after having seen the footage? Was it a blast from the antenna? Exploding styrofoam? Or is someone not telling us the truth and these two astronauts had a couple "visitors" passing by.

Original video EVA-1 Close-out Journal Text: 123:27:46
http://www.hq.nasa.gov/alsj/a17/

Conspirator

PostThu Aug 15, 2013 6:17 am » by *WillEase*

You'll notice that the astronaut comments about "those things flying over..." a couple of seconds before you actually see the anomaly. Therefore, they could not have come from the antenna that was right next to him. He specifically says "flew over the top of my head" not in front of him.

Conspirator

PostThu Aug 15, 2013 6:54 am » by *WillEase*

Exploding Styrofoam? Off the rover's hi-gain antenna...really?

Conspirator

PostThu Aug 15, 2013 3:10 pm » by *WillEase*

NASA's official explanation...

Evidently, some of the interior voids in the Styrofoam were still filled with gas, despite many days of exposure to vacuum during the trip out from Earth. Alternatively, the voids may have been filling with gases released from the foam matrix during the six hours or so that it has been lying out in the sunlight. In either case, solar heating has raised the pressure of the trapped gases. The fact that several fragments can be seen - coupled with Gene's use of the word "exploded" and John Young's phrase "blew up" - indicates an explosive disintegration of a piece of foam. Such explosions would propel fragments over considerable distances. For example, if a piece was launched at a 45 degree angle at a speed of 15.6 meters per second, it would come down 150 meters from the LM after a 13.6 second flight. It is also possible that the piece Gene picked up at the SEP site got there in several hops, each the result of a separate explosion or of a non-explosive venting episode.

Conspirator

PostThu Aug 15, 2013 4:20 pm » by *WillEase*

By the way, in the video it says that John (Young) had the same thing happen during his mission (Apollo 16).
If this were true, there would be some mention of an exploding piece of Styrofoam in the transcripts...

http://www.hq.nasa.gov/alsj/a16/a16.als ... ml#1201951

Surprise surprise...there isn't. :alien51:

Conspirator

PostThu Aug 15, 2013 5:50 pm » by *WillEase*

The next thing I wanted to know about was "the brown piece of glass"...

123:03:25 Cernan: (Pleased with himself) I found a brown rock that I'm going to bring back!
123:03:31 Schmitt: Please do.
123:03:34 Cernan: I think it's the back side of a piece of glass, but it's brown.
123:03:39 Schmitt: (Looking back) Well, I think I'm more or less on your (Rover) track. It wiggled a little bit.
123:03:45 Cernan: Well, we're...(To himself) Oh, oh, oh, ooh, stop, Geno. Okay, Jack, wait a minute. That looks orthogonal to me.
123:04:02 Schmitt: Got your picture?
123:04:03 Cernan: Will have in a sec. Wait a minute. Every time I do something, I change the setting. Okay, I got it. (Pause)
123:04:20 Cernan: I straightened the line out a little bit better after I took the picture...(It had) a few kinks in it.
123:04:28 Cernan: Now where's my brown rock? I saw it when I was driving with the Rover! I knew I'd be able to come back here because of the tracks. Looks like an old piece of bread.
123:04:39 Parker: Is that the one that came out of the hatch?
123:04:42 Cernan: Where the heck is that? (Hearing Bob, not remembering the piece of bread that had flown out the hatch when they first opened it) Huh? Well, it's a piece of glass, all right, part of it crumbled. I got to get that in a bag.
123:05:10 Cernan: Oh, man, is that a nice piece of glass. Just laying out there all by itself. Jack, you got a bag handy while I take my pan? I can't reach a bag; I got this sample in the wrong hand.
123:05:17 Schmitt: I don't have a bag.
123:05:18 Cernan: You don't have...Well, take one off of mine and give it to me. I'll take it back to the Rover. (Going to Jack) Wa, wa, wa! Watch it; you've got a wire under your foot.
123:05:30 Schmitt: Bag number 460.
123:05:33 Parker: Copy that. 460 has brown glass.
123:05:35 Cernan: It was about half way out on the north course...
123:05:40 Parker: Sorry about that.
[Bob is apologizing for the interruption.]
123:05:41 Cernan: ...about halfway out on the north course of the SEP.
123:05:47 Schmitt: It's brown vesicular glass.

So, are we to believe that this brown piece of glass is actually a piece of Styrofoam? :censored:

Conspirator

PostThu Aug 15, 2013 7:31 pm » by *WillEase*

The original footage can be found here: http://www.hq.nasa.gov/alsj/a17/video17.html

At least the video is getting some attention... :banana:

Super Moderator

PostThu Aug 15, 2013 7:59 pm » by Troll2rocks

Interesting... :think:

I have been looking for a good patio garden set for my garden. Came across this, looks quite nice.

:cheers:
Censorship debunking & disinformation, it's all in a days work.

Conspirator

PostThu Aug 15, 2013 8:36 pm » by *WillEase*

Troll2rocks wrote:Interesting... :think:

I have been looking for a good patio garden set for my garden. Came across this, looks quite nice.

I always figured you as a...

...kinda guy. I know, get some made out of Styrofoam and see if it blows up. This way, your comment
will have something to do with this thread.
Thanks for the bump anyways. :cheers:

Super Moderator

PostThu Aug 15, 2013 8:54 pm » by Troll2rocks

*WillEase* wrote:
Troll2rocks wrote:Interesting... :think:

I always figured you as a...

...kinda guy. I know, get some made out of Styrofoam and see if it blows up. This way, your comment
will have something to do with this thread.
Thanks for the bump anyways. :cheers:

Yes I do like the rotting couch in the front yard look :think:

Been looking at these too for my kitchen...

I like the black edging. Will add a bit of class to my slop pit. :cheers:
Censorship debunking & disinformation, it's all in a days work.

Next