Nasa Hunts for Remains of an Ancient Planet near Earth

Conspirator

PostFri Apr 10, 2009 8:00 pm » by Drextin

he one thing I'm not sure about though, is a planetoid/exoplanet striking earth to form the moon. I may be mistaken (open for critisism) but, aren't some of the rocks taken from the moon older than the oldest rocks found on earth?

That was a good point so I went to do a little research. Found this.

Code: Select all
 > >>  name       Brenda
 > >>  status     student
 > >>  age        18

> >>  Question - "If the ages of Earth and Moon are nearly identical...why
 > are most rocks
 > found on the Moon so much older than Earth rocks?

The reason is that the moon stopped being geologically active soon after it
formed, but the earth is still active.  By "active," I mean that the earth
is constantly recycling its minerals:  rocks that have been formed erode,
wash out to sea, and are carried into the earth's mantle with subducting
tectonic plates, to melt and perhaps come to the surface again as lava.  The
age of a rock is the time since the rock solidified.

Richard E. Barrans Jr., Ph.D.
Assistant Director
PG Research Foundation, Darien, Illinois

Makes sense. Still a good question though I had never even thought about it.
I am a nightmare walking, psychopath talking
King of my jungle just a gangster stalking

Conspirator

PostFri Apr 10, 2009 8:08 pm » by Towelie

I believe that something like this did happen, it helps to explain the huge chunk missing from the Earth, but i think the moon is the same as the Earth it broke off from here when the Earth was forming, also the fact that the moon is getting further and further away suggests something did happen(but this couldve been due to the meteor that spun the moon 3.9bil yrs ago,) strange thought one day the moon wont be there, its slowly floating away.
Kill em all and let god sort them out!

Atheism is a non-prohet organisation.

Conspirator

PostFri Apr 10, 2009 8:16 pm » by Drextin

towelie wrote:I believe that something like this did happen, it helps to explain the huge chunk missing from the Earth, but i think the moon is the same as the Earth it broke off from here when the Earth was forming, also the fact that the moon is getting further and further away suggests something did happen(but this couldve been due to the meteor that spun the moon 3.9bil yrs ago,) strange thought one day the moon wont be there, its slowly floating away.

I watched some show where they were talking about the effects of the moon and what it will be like when it is gone or at least moved so far away that it no longer has the influence it does now. Never realized just how much the moon had stabilized the earth. Can you imagine how much bigger it most have been in the sky and how it looked to ancient man?

Conspirator

PostFri Apr 10, 2009 8:58 pm » by Ph0enix

Why is it that NASA can make up a theoretical planet, name it, predict where it was supposed to have been, what happened to it, and go looking for where it is now; all while this planet is admittedly hypothetical, so it has been seen by no one, and it gets to be upper level science...

Meanwhile SEVERAL civilizations have recorded the coming of Nibiru/Marduk over several passes, can tell you all about the small solar system, their info matches up with whats going on in our solar system (perturbations and astroid belt), a brown dwarf companion makes sense as most stars seem to have companions according to astronomers, and lots of other senseable fun facts that we could spend all day adding; AND IT GETS TO BE BULLSHIT?

Basically, why does what one person makes up get to be better than what another person makes up... Especially when the other person said it first and has more evidence...

Conspirator

PostFri Apr 10, 2009 9:09 pm » by Drextin

ph0enix wrote:Why is it that NASA can make up a theoretical planet, name it, predict where it was supposed to have been, what happened to it, and go looking for where it is now; all while this planet is admittedly hypothetical, so it has been seen by no one, and it gets to be upper level science...

Meanwhile SEVERAL civilizations have recorded the coming of Nibiru/Marduk over several passes, can tell you all about the small solar system, their info matches up with whats going on in our solar system (perturbations and astroid belt), a brown dwarf companion makes sense as most stars seem to have companions according to astronomers, and lots of other senseable fun facts that we could spend all day adding; AND IT GETS TO BE BULLSHIT?

Basically, why does what one person makes up get to be better than what another person makes up... Especially when the other person said it first and has more evidence...

I actually agree with you myself. I'm not sure about the planet x thing but it doesn't strike me as off the wall as nasa tries to make it out to be.

There was a time when nasa did admit there was something out there, possibly a rogue planet, but I can't remember where I saw it. Maybe some of these super researchers like slushpup can find it. Oh and nasa of course has changed their tune. They act as if they never have taken it serious.........which makes it suspicious as hell.

Master Conspirator

PostFri Apr 10, 2009 10:20 pm » by Cornbread714

sheeple wrote:There is also a hypothesis by Valery Uvarov that at L3 a hidden planet might exist behind the Sun.
This was included in an interview with Project Camelot recently.

This is the theory I keep hearing over and over again in different forms.

How the @#$% can it stay hidden from us?
Where's the beer and when do I get paid?
- Jimmy Carl Black (the Indian of the group)

Conspirator

PostFri Apr 10, 2009 10:49 pm » by Towelie

Mustve looked great when it was bigger in the sky, theres a good theory about the evolution of early life on this planet about the moon, basicaly that the main driving force behind life here were the tides created by the moon, so we may not even be here if not for it.
I remember watching a movie as a kid about another Earth in geo-syncrinous orbit around the sun(or couldve been a twilight zone episode :headscratch: .)
Kill em all and let god sort them out!

Atheism is a non-prohet organisation.

Conspirator

PostFri Apr 10, 2009 10:51 pm » by Drextin

Thanks slushpup! That was exactly what I was talking about.

Cornbread,
I was like minded about how it could stay hidden but when they explain the exceptionally long orbit it would have it makes sense. At it's furthest distance it would be at the edge of the sun's gravitational influence. It would then be sling shotted back into the inner solar system at great speed where it would interact with the planets before moving away again. That is unless it collides with another planet. As long as that doesn't happen it will eventually move so far out it will break the sun's power over it and float away.

Not sure if it is true but it is plausible and around these parts plausible is a very rare commodity.

Conspirator

PostSat Apr 11, 2009 10:27 am » by Clawspiracy

@ ph0enix

Agreed. And why would we want to spend money searching for such a thing when a much more interesting and verifiable object(s) are screaming to be examined... Like a project to actually search for life on Mars, and study the anomalies of Saturn's moons?

Nibiru bears watching, but now convinced just yet. Still, I would like to see them rule this out with facts instead of disdain.
It's a Clawspiracy...

Conspirator

PostSat Apr 11, 2009 1:54 pm » by bugmenot

nasa is run by frauds and liars i wouldnt give them the time of day. fuck em. the truth will come from the people. not these idiots

Next