Nearly 40 protesters killed in Syria protests (today)

Conspirator

PostMon Apr 25, 2011 5:17 pm » by Ironlikealion

Syrian tanks roll into Daraa, fire at protesters

Mon Apr 25

Thousands of Syrian troops backed by tanks on Monday launched assaults on the flashpoint towns of Daraa and Douma, firing indiscriminately and leaving bodies in the streets, witnesses said.

Rights activists also reported security force raids in the town of Al-Muadamiyah near Damascus, while Amman said Syria had sealed off its border with Jordan.

One witness spoke of five people killed in Daraa when their car was raked by gunfire while activists reached by telephone said they were unable to count the number of dead and wounded as army snipers on rooftops were preventing people from leaving their houses.

"We saw with our own eyes, they were in a car that was riddled with bullets," the witness said, adding that he was on a rooftop and could hear intense gunfire reverberating across the southern town near the Jordanian border.

A massive crackdown was also underway Monday in Douma, 15 kilometres (nine miles) north of Damascus, a rights activist said, reached by telephone.

He said communication network was also cut in the town as he spoke from the edge of Douma.

Rights activists said a 3,000-strong military force swarmed into Daraa in the early hours of Monday, with tanks taking up positions in the town centre and snipers deploying on rooftops.

"Snipers have taken up positions on the roofs and tanks are in the centre of the town... Bodies are lying in the streets and we can't recover them," one activist said, asking not to be named for security reasons.

Activist Abdullah Al-Harriri told AFP earlier on Monday: "The men are firing in all directions and advancing behind the armour which is protecting them.

"Electricity is cut off and telephone communications are virtually impossible," he said.

Jordan's Information Minister Tahen Adwan, meanwhile, said Syria had sealed its border with Jordan, a few hours after the start of the assault on Daraa, around five kilometres (three miles) from the frontier.

"Syria closed its land borders with Jordan. The Syrian decision is related to the internal situation in Syria," Adwan told the state-run Petra news agency.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20110425/wl ... 0425110341

Upload to Disclose.tv

Upload to Disclose.tv

this one is extremely graphic,sensitive people do not watch ...

Upload to Disclose.tv

Conspirator

PostMon Apr 25, 2011 5:54 pm » by Muchtyman

ironlikealion wrote:death toll reaches 75 by now .

Syria protests: 75 protesters reported dead
At least 75 people have been killed in protests Friday, Amnesty International reported.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/blo ... _blog.html

A question.......Does the fact that Amnesty and the Washington Post ; not to mention every western world network taking the side of the rebels not give you a clue that there is more going on here than meets the eye ?

Ask the victorious Egyptian people how more free they feel now under a Military dictatorship .

Also ; do you not find this curious....................

Libyan Rebels Form Their Own Central Bank

This suggests we have a bit more than a ragtag bunch of rebels running around and that there are some pretty sophisticated influences. “I have never before heard of a central bank being created in just a matter of weeks out of a popular uprising

http://www.cnbc.com/id/42308613/Libyan_ ... ntral_Bank

This shit isn't black and white . This is a giant chess game and these poor dead syrians are just pawns .

Conspirator

PostMon Apr 25, 2011 6:39 pm » by Ironlikealion

muchtyman wrote:A question.......Does the fact that Amnesty and the Washington Post ; not to mention every western world network taking the side of the rebels not give you a clue that there is more going on here than meets the eye ?

You can theorize and speculate as much as you want man .

but it's a fact that the dictatorship regime of Assad family in Syria has oppressed
brainwashed and abused it's own people for the last few decades,not to mention
their foreign exploits in Lebanon or their support for hizzballah and other extremist
organizations,and countless other acts that helped shapping the way the middle
east looks like it does today , but you know what fuck that .

do you care that they are massacring their own people right now ?

muchtyman wrote:Ask the victorious Egyptian people how more free they feel now under a Military dictatorship .

so what you are saying ,and correct me if I'm wrong is : don't bother and try get rid of the dictator that rules you because another one will replace him ,so just sit and relax
and accept your repression ...

muchtyman wrote:Also ; do you not find this curious....................

This suggests we have a bit more than a ragtag bunch of rebels running around and that there are some pretty sophisticated influences. “I have never before heard of a central bank being created in just a matter of weeks out of a popular uprising

maybe you'll find this interesting too :

-- The world welcomed the British-trained eye doctor in 2000 as a potential pioneer of reform in autocratic Syria.

-- The soft-spoken Bashar took office after the death of his formidable father Hafez al-Assad, who brooked no dissent and refused to bend in the Arab-Israeli conflict for 30 years.

-- Assad did appoint a cabinet at the end of 2001 packed with Western-trained technocrats in economic portfolios charged with developing a modern financial system to draw foreign investors.

-- The most visible result was a swathe of legislation to ease financial restrictions and establish private banks.

Factbox: Syrian President Bashar al-Assad
http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/04/ ... 4720110423

Conspirator

PostMon Apr 25, 2011 7:37 pm » by Muchtyman

ironlikealion wrote:
muchtyman wrote:A question.......Does the fact that Amnesty and the Washington Post ; not to mention every western world network taking the side of the rebels not give you a clue that there is more going on here than meets the eye ?

You can theorize and speculate as much as you want man .

but it's a fact that the dictatorship regime of Assad family in Syria has oppressed
brainwashed and abused it's own people for the last few decades,not to mention
their foreign exploits in Lebanon or their support for hizzballah and other extremist
organizations,and countless other acts that helped shapping the way the middle
east looks like it does today , but you know what fuck that .

do you care that they are massacring their own people right now ?

muchtyman wrote:Ask the victorious Egyptian people how more free they feel now under a Military dictatorship .

so what you are saying ,and correct me if I'm wrong is : don't bother and try get rid of the dictator that rules you because another one will replace him ,so just sit and relax
and accept your repression ...

muchtyman wrote:Also ; do you not find this curious....................

maybe you'll find this interesting too :

-- The world welcomed the British-trained eye doctor in 2000 as a potential pioneer of reform in autocratic Syria.

-- The soft-spoken Bashar took office after the death of his formidable father Hafez al-Assad, who brooked no dissent and refused to bend in the Arab-Israeli conflict for 30 years.

-- Assad did appoint a cabinet at the end of 2001 packed with Western-trained technocrats in economic portfolios charged with developing a modern financial system to draw foreign investors.

-- The most visible result was a swathe of legislation to ease financial restrictions and establish private banks.

Factbox: Syrian President Bashar al-Assad
http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/04/ ... 4720110423

I ain't arguing the fact that these people are oppressed by tyrranical regimes , and deserve better , just pointing out that they are being used .

Despite the fact that the United States is embroiled in three major conflicts and can barely service its own gigantic debt, with Standard and Poor this week indicating the US will soon lose its triple-A credit rating, top globalist and former Secretary of State Henry Kissinger recently told fellow elitists at three different globalist confabs that the US needs to launch a ground invasion of Libya and keep the war running for at least another year.

http://www.newsmax.com/InsideCover/Henr ... /id/390253

Nothing is as it seems .There is another agenda being played out here .

Conspirator

PostMon Apr 25, 2011 7:49 pm » by Ironlikealion

yep ,but there is more then one conflicting agendas fighting each other in the background
here i believe.

it doesn't mean that we should ignore what's going on only because they are used .

i never suggested or want US or nato "invasion" to Syria , i just cant stand
the apathy about this subject in the forum .
Last edited by Ironlikealion on Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Conspirator

PostMon Apr 25, 2011 7:53 pm » by Muchtyman

ironlikealion wrote:yep ,but there is more then one conflicting agendas fighting each other in the background
here i believe.

it doesn't mean that we should ignore what's going on only because they are used .

i never suggested or want US or nato invasion to Syria , i just cant stand
the apathy about this subject in the forum .

I ain't apathetic about what's happening ; just a lot more cynical .

................................................... :cheers:

Conspirator

PostMon Apr 25, 2011 10:39 pm » by Ironlikealion

Unconfirmed reports that Officer Mohammad al-Rifai, along with 230 soldiers, have deserted from the 5th Army with some tanks, which they have turned against the 4th Army of Maher al-Assad destroying four tansk and capturing a fifth. Also, the army in Nouaima is defending the civilians. UNCONFIRMED.

Silent Arab Dictators. The cowards are too afraid for their own self to utter any condemnation. They are afraid of Iran, afraid over the billions they have pilfered, and afraid that their turn may come next if they support the people of Syria. What a curse these people are.

The World Media. Finally, it has awakened to the massacres inside Syria.

THE CITY OF DARA'A IS UNDER ATTACK WITH TANKS, SNIPERS AND DOOR-TO-DOOR HEZBOLLAH FIGHTERS ATTACKING UNARMED CIVILIANS. (caps in the original page
not me )

http://pfarrerstreccius.blogspot.com/20 ... tanks.html

"Witness in Daraa to Facebook page Syrian Revolution 2011: Five army officers have defected and stopped the advance of four tanks into the town."

S.N.N: Syrian security forces shot and wounded some army troops who were rushed to hospitals in Daraa for treatment. The troops, who have gone into hiding for fear of liquidation, are: Nouri al-Botman, Abdul Rahim Bakran, Ibrahim Hasan, Ahmed al-Sebsi and Amer Hammoush.

http://web.naharnet.com/default.asp

Conspirator

PostMon Apr 25, 2011 11:09 pm » by Ironlikealion

more unconfirmed reports on defections and heavy fighting .

Syrian activists in touch with witnesses in the southern city reported that at least five military officers, including two with the rank of captain, and nine soldiers refused to carry out their orders against protesters. While at least seven local officials in Dara have already quit their posts to join ranks with the opposition, activists said the military personnel included troops from the cities of Homs, Lattakia and Tartous.

Several military officers in Dara province told the Los Angeles Times that they had orders to open fire on any protester, adding that many were afraid to resist and that failing to carry out orders was tantamount to a death sentence.

"We have orders to open fire," said one of the officers, speaking on condition of anonymity due to concerns for his safety. "We are afraid to carry them out because there will be more killing. But if we don't, someone will kill us."

Neither the casualties nor the reports of defections could be independently confirmed. The authorities cut off phone service, disconnected electrical power and blocked roads to the farming hub of about 1 million people, and foreign journalists have largely been barred from the country. Jordanian state media reported that Syria had sealed the border near Dara, where the arrest and alleged torture of a group of teenagers accused of writing political graffiti sparked the unrest now gripping the country.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld ... 8908.story

Conspirator

PostMon Apr 25, 2011 11:18 pm » by 99socks

Syria is such a powder-keg. I am still amazed anything is actually happening there, though. The last I was there was in March 1999, and there was hardly any internet there at all (a few private businesses had it, but for the most part it was not available to the public and even if it was, very few Syrian families had a computer at home), let alone cell phones etc.. I was generally instructed to keep my mouth shut and not make comments about anything, especially while in a cab, on the street, or when guests were over. Tadmur (the prison) was a hush-hush word that I learned about more from "the look" than from any descriptions. There wasn't much of a police or military presence in most parts of Syria that I had visited, except in Damascus where there were at least 3-4 Kalashnikov-toting conscripts on every street corner and even more in the embassy district. I was not allowed into the Ministry of Interior's headquarters in Damascus for paperwork on the grounds that I was female and that it would not be appropriate to expose a lady to the sounds and possible sights of the torture that was taking place inside.

In spite of the fact that very few people said anything criticizing anything political and almost everyone had a picture of Haffez Al-Assad on their wall as well as were genuinely enjoying the "holidays" electing Haffez Al-Assad as President for Life and the the Syrian "victory" over Israel in the Golan Heights (which is a joke, as we all know the Syrians lost the Golan Heights), I keep seeing and reading in the news about what is happening in that country, and it just boggles me... I was told time and time again by my in-laws not to underestimate the Syrians based on what I saw, but I just can't fathom how anything can be done under such an oppressive regime, and the fact that there is so many cell phone pics etc. that are coming out just blows me away. All of this is possible believe it or not by the modernization Bashar Al-Assad did, because if his father was still in control, there would be no such thing as internet or cell-phones GUARANTEED.
I can't speak about how much of the Constitution is in effect anymore... But thank God we still somewhat resemble a Republic and not a democracy!

http://thethinkingapostate.ghost.io/

Conspirator

PostMon Apr 25, 2011 11:20 pm » by 99socks

ironlikealion wrote:where the arrest and alleged torture of a group of teenagers accused of writing political graffiti

This is not the first time! My ex was picked up as a teen for graffiti, and he had his face beat in at the police station and was threatened with torture too, and that was 20 years ago....
I can't speak about how much of the Constitution is in effect anymore... But thank God we still somewhat resemble a Republic and not a democracy!

http://thethinkingapostate.ghost.io/

PreviousNext