need help curbing the cravings!!

Super Moderator

PostThu Oct 18, 2012 6:40 pm » by TheDuck

Watch loads of awesome movies to take you're mind off smoking, it worked for me... also mints, sweets?

"The Truth Cannot Be Told... It Must Be Realized"

Conspirator

PostThu Oct 18, 2012 6:51 pm » by Kaarmaa

I'd avoid sweets, could cause him other problems.

Conspirator

PostThu Oct 18, 2012 7:59 pm » by Poooooot

Chewing on things seems to work best for me, although I haven't successfully quit yet. I did make it 5 months, though. :lol:

I liked to chew on:
sunflower seeds
tea tree oil toothpicks
straws
my fingernails :nails:
pencils
etc
Matthew 7
“Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

Writer

PostThu Oct 18, 2012 8:12 pm » by Mhillebregt

what i do is use sunflower seeds, it keeps my hands busy and it's healthy. Keep it up man u can do it.... after 3 or 4 weeks the worst is over. Try it with organic food, u will feel good about yourself and u tackle multiple problems like gmo,pesticides...etc. Learn to respect your body, inform yourself on substances in the food to get a good variety of minerals and nutrians. If you can turn your attitude to respect your body you will automaticly going to hate te sigaret. Think like....who's boss, you or the sigaret. I know it's the most difficult thing, i smoked for 30 years. Believe me i know.

Good luck my friend. :flop:
" If you want to find the truth, throw everything you know out of your mind and start over. "

Super Moderator

PostThu Oct 18, 2012 8:22 pm » by ZetaRediculous

Weel, I took the advice of a few and went for a run, not far, just jogged a couple of miles, nice and steady... got home and prompty fell asleep!!

thanks for all the good suggestions. I'm taking heed, really.

And much respect to those of you that have already gone through it..

I'm only beginning my journey, and it's hard. Next goal, get to Sunday night without a cigarette, going to be hard as I'm going out for a pub lunch Sunday afternoon...
“The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.”
― Terry Pratchett

Initiate

PostThu Oct 18, 2012 9:38 pm » by Whiskeytfoxtrot

ZetaRediculous wrote: ( I blame all the smoking in the Travis Walton Documentary, that's what started me off wanting one).

Oh man. :nails: Was that the one I posted? Zeta, dude, I feel terrible. :(

Now I need a smoke. :bang;

Seriously, good luck, that's a sonofabitch of a habit. :hugging:
"The world is made up of two kinds of people. Those with loaded guns... and those who dig. Now dig!"

Super Moderator

PostThu Oct 18, 2012 9:52 pm » by ZetaRediculous

Whiskeytfoxtrot wrote:
ZetaRediculous wrote: ( I blame all the smoking in the Travis Walton Documentary, that's what started me off wanting one).

Oh man. :nails: Was that the one I posted? Zeta, dude, I feel terrible. :(

Now I need a smoke. :bang;

Seriously, good luck, that's a sonofabitch of a habit. :hugging:

hehe.. yeah man it's all your fault :shooting: :shooting:

kick the habit I will though... :flop:
“The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.”
― Terry Pratchett

Conspirator

PostThu Oct 18, 2012 9:55 pm » by Lucidlemondrop

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emotional_ ... _Technique

Works for me when I use it.........
What a long strange trip it's been..............

Super Moderator

PostThu Oct 18, 2012 10:03 pm » by ZetaRediculous

Lucidlemondrop wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emotional_Freedom_Technique

Works for me when I use it.........

Thank you Lucidlemondrop.. I 'll give it a read through... looks like something that will work well with my CBT too :cheers:
― Terry Pratchett

Conspirator

PostThu Oct 18, 2012 10:54 pm » by Eldorado

Believe it or not....Mescaline is one of the best sources for psychoactive therapy, when it comes to breaking the habits of addiction and other problems related to habitual behavior.

The least potent form of mescaline and the type that is easily prepared, in controlled amounts, is from the San Pedro Cactus, or the Peruvian Torch Cactus. I know because the entire city of Phoenix and surrounding areas have adopted these two types of cacti as ornamental lawn plants of a highly valued type, due to the branching nature.....

But what they dont know wont hurt them right??? well you can go down any Tempe, AZ residential street and hack off a four foot section without anyone missing it, prepare yourself a shake smoothie and watch the Agave grow right before your eyes. Just kidding...there are very few hallucinations with this form of the cactus..

San Pedro
http://www.erowid.org/plants/cacti/cacti_preparation5.shtml

Peruvian Torch

Two things I know about the process.....1) Do not cook the mixture down that much as it says to online, as the heat affects it potency, just enough to liquefy the dark green goods stuff.......and 2) Do not cook the entire cactus, center cores and all....Peel the wax paper skin back off the fins of the spires, and you will see two different colors of green pulp....the darker green pulp on the outer edge is the good stuff......scrape it all off down until the layer of inner pulp.......

The reasoning behind this is the main nauseating part of the cactus is from a chem that resides in the inner lighter colored pulp, and the high potency mescal is in the darker green stuff. :vomit: :lol: Not many people know about that one, and they grind it all up and then cook it.......puke every time

You feel a refreshing energy after you consume it for about 6-8 hours........taken once a week, its considered extremely rejuvenating to the lung tissue, and when you are treating your lungs with this, you feel as if you can breathe easily and take deeper breaths.

The therapeutic effects work psychologically as well, as you are calm, and not looking for the next smoke, due to the Mescaline's effect on the body and mind. By stimulating the natural feeling that your body has when relaxing through breathing, your mind is adjusting to the normal feelings of sensations and the cool refreshing feeling flowing through your body makes you feel even the exasperation of sweat from the pores in your skin......

It is an incredible sensation that leaves you feeling relaxed and impulse free.......I had to catch myself automatically going through the motions to roll a cig, but wasnt feeling the cravings....

I knew at that point exactly what the elders meant when they swore by the health benefits of this plant.
“The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come. When in a state of security he does not forget the possibility of ruin.” Confucius (551 BC - 479 BC)

PreviousNext