New clue found to disappearing honey bees

Conspirator

PostWed Aug 26, 2009 12:15 am » by Lucidlemondrop

seahawk100 wrote:
The sick bees suffered an unusually high number of infections with viruses that attack the ribosomes, the researchers from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and the U.S. Department of Agriculture reported.

"If your ribosome is compromised, then you can't respond to pesticides, you can't respond to fungal infections or bacteria or inadequate nutrition because the ribosome is central to the survival of any organism. You need proteins to survive," May R. Berenbaum, head of the department of entomology at Illinois, said in a statement.

B.A.I.D.S.!!!!

Cute! :dancing:
What a long strange trip it's been..............

Writer

PostWed Aug 26, 2009 1:04 am » by Rogerrabbit

LowSix wrote:I read that the suceptibility to this fungus and particular parasite were a result of letting these bees mix with a modified bee, and that the result was making a honeycomb that was like .5mm smaller than they used to be (or larger, cant remember) due to the differences in the bee breeds, and that this difference in honeycomb size allowed that fungus and parasite to flourish. By either not allowing enough air flow or too much..

Meaning that there was hope if they can get the influx of the organic bees to start mixing back into the population. If i remember correcltly the bad bees came frm commercial farms, where they were modified to increase honey output..

I tried to find the links but cant offhand..

bullshit that smells like to me sorry l6
just not worth thinking about rest your head

Master Conspirator

PostWed Aug 26, 2009 1:36 am » by Lowsix

rogerrabbit wrote:
LowSix wrote:I read that the suceptibility to this fungus and particular parasite were a result of letting these bees mix with a modified bee, and that the result was making a honeycomb that was like .5mm smaller than they used to be (or larger, cant remember) due to the differences in the bee breeds, and that this difference in honeycomb size allowed that fungus and parasite to flourish. By either not allowing enough air flow or too much..

Meaning that there was hope if they can get the influx of the organic bees to start mixing back into the population. If i remember correcltly the bad bees came frm commercial farms, where they were modified to increase honey output..

I tried to find the links but cant offhand..

bullshit that smells like to me sorry l6
just not worth thinking about rest your head

And your problem would be what exactly?

Facts bother you?
The fact that I wrote it bother you?
Please enlighten me..Youre a bee expert?
Youve got information to the contrary?

Or you're just talking out of your ass to see some pixels spell your name?
warløckmitbladderinfection wrote:blasphemous new gehenna inhabitant makes god sad...

Previous