New Forum Idea

Conspirator

PostFri Apr 17, 2009 8:17 pm » by Mep630

An idea for rating the posts and posters.

The forum would set up 5 or so different classifications of posts/posters, that each DT account can rate.

I was thinking something like this:
1) Good Post
2) Flame/Rude
3) Dis-Info?
4) ?

and then when people look at your profile or maybe in your sig or something it would display your total votes in these categories. But each vote would also have a "weight" associated with it, so that people couldn't just make new accounts and vote on people with out posting stuff.

the vote weight is based off your post count divided by 10 with a max of like 1k or something.

Mep630
good-poster:10 (10k voters weight)
flame-rude:2 (1k voters weight)
dis-info:3 (2k voters weight)

etc, you get the idea

If you help the Oppressors, eventually you and your family will be oppressed.

www.mind-wars.com

Initiate

PostFri Apr 17, 2009 8:21 pm » by Jayhad

Thats probably the most rediculous idea for a free speech forum I have ever seen.
Good luck with that.

Master Conspirator

PostFri Apr 17, 2009 8:31 pm » by Cornbread714

Nothing personal, Mep, but it sounds unnecessary, complicated and potentially misleading and divisive.
I say let every post speak for itself.

Also, I see the word dis-information being casually tossed about.
Is everyone aware of what it actually means?

I would never accuse you of dis-info, mep, for example. I disagree with many of your posts, but i think they are misinformation. There's a big difference.
There might be disinformation parroted and disseminated on this site, but I don't think there is a lot of active, deliberate disinformation by members. :sunny:
Where's the beer and when do I get paid?
- Jimmy Carl Black (the Indian of the group)

Master Conspirator

PostFri Apr 17, 2009 8:35 pm » by Lowsix

Yeah right, so when someone uses science,
ie..FACTS, to get to the bottom of the truth,
(which is what this site asserts as a common goal)
but yet YOU disagree with Science, and all its conspiratorical glory,
you can slap a Disinfo tag on them?

hahah I think not

Im so outta here the day you
manage to get that bullshit started...
warløckmitbladderinfection wrote:blasphemous new gehenna inhabitant makes god sad...

Conspirator

PostFri Apr 17, 2009 8:41 pm » by Towelie

Totaly agree it would be a bad idea, every time i/someone mentions something like evolution or something theyd get 50 dis-info votes, just because it doesnt fit with creationism, and the same would happen in return.
We dont need any more reasons to bitch at one another, we do a good enough job of that already, not to mention it would deter some from posting, and prompt others to just agree with everything for the votes.
Kill em all and let god sort them out!

Atheism is a non-prohet organisation.

Conspirator

PostFri Apr 17, 2009 9:00 pm » by Mep630

so what?

I think over all it would make people clean up their acts, that's probably why you don't all like it.
:D

www.mind-wars.com

Conspirator

PostFri Apr 17, 2009 9:02 pm » by Mep630

cornbread714 wrote:Nothing personal, Mep, but it sounds unnecessary, complicated and potentially misleading and divisive.
I say let every post speak for itself.

Also, I see the word dis-information being casually tossed about.
Is everyone aware of what it actually means?

I would never accuse you of dis-info, mep, for example. I disagree with many of your posts, but i think they are misinformation. There's a big difference.
There might be disinformation parroted and disseminated on this site, but I don't think there is a lot of active, deliberate disinformation by members. :sunny:

that could be another category, just a way to rate the posts.

fair enough if you don't like it, it was just an idea, just wanted to see what people said about it, not going to lose any sleep over it, lol.

www.mind-wars.com

Conspirator

PostFri Apr 17, 2009 9:05 pm » by Mep630

jayhad wrote:Thats probably the most rediculous idea for a free speech forum I have ever seen.
Good luck with that.

well how do you deal with rude people who just flame? how do you separate the people looking for info from people who could care less and just troll?

Maybe it is stupid, maybe it is an idea that can be worked out better?

www.mind-wars.com

Conspirator

PostFri Apr 17, 2009 9:06 pm » by Eaganthorn

Hmm, in this way if someone disagreed with the unsubstantiated rhetoric posted by a/the Downs Syndrome kid, they could be labeled as disinfo or rude.
Not that I think that anyone here is a Downs Syndrome kid, I’m just using that as an example.
Hey, next we can tattoo a big letter “L” on the forehead of anyone who disagrees with a post.
Hey better yet, let’s just post and make it so no one can reply or quote that post! [/end sarcasm]
Science is truth, God is truth, therefore

God is Science.

All religions were written by men, to control the hearts and minds of other men.

Master Conspirator

PostFri Apr 17, 2009 9:27 pm » by Lowsix

By flaming, do you mean refuting nonsense with scientific facts?

just curious...

because EVERYTHING ive posted with your chemtrail stuff, has been proven science.
It seems to annoy the crap out of you, and id hate to be judged by someone who dismisses consensus sceintific reality and then has the balls to flame ME about it...
warløckmitbladderinfection wrote:blasphemous new gehenna inhabitant makes god sad...

Next