New show: Conspiracy theory: with Jesse Ventura

Master Conspirator

PostFri Jan 01, 2010 10:12 pm » by Cornbread714

spock wrote:One thing that gets me is the over-drama of everything. Like how Jesse (in mid flight) says, "we're turning back". And it's to talk to Alex Jones, as if Alex Jones just came up with that tidbit of info after Jesse left - and it was made out to be earth shattering.

I didn't buy the drama.

And, how they played up the part that "THEY WANT TO KILL YOU JESSE" when that was never played out - it was to make the plan seem personal to everyone.

I understand the way the writers went on this - but to me it was cheesy as hell. .

I totally agree. I just watched it.
Where's the beer and when do I get paid?
- Jimmy Carl Black (the Indian of the group)

Initiate

PostFri Jan 01, 2010 10:39 pm » by Skitzy

Well,with expert testimony off experts like Alex Jones and dare i say David Icke,Its sure too be taken seriously by the general public and the mainstream media, after a show like this i'm sure the message will be surging round the world as we speak, the message....Jesse Ventura, another nutter too add to the list.

Conspirator

PostFri Jan 01, 2010 10:55 pm » by Heinousone

spock wrote:She did say some good stuff. My wife watched it after I had crashed and couldn't wait to watch it again on the net.

One thing that gets me is the over-drama of everything. Like how Jesse (in mid flight) says, "we're turning back". And it's to talk to Alex Jones, as if Alex Jones just came up with that tidbit of info after Jesse left - and it was made out to be earth shattering.

I didn't buy the drama.

And, how they played up the part that "THEY WANT TO KILL YOU JESSE" when that was never played out - it was to make the plan seem personal to everyone.

I understand the way the writers went on this - but to me it was cheesy as hell. To my wife - it was earth shattering - she has never heard of Alex Jones. So watching her reaction, and comparing it to mine - gave me a sour place in my stomach.

But to any one of us conspiracy vets - it would be that way, where as a newb - like my wife, it actually enlightened her, and she didn't have to look at me like I have 2 heads trying to explain it to her.

The power of the boob tube I guess.

Yeah, thats the "showy" look of it. They took this information that we already know and plugged it into a sort of pseudo drama show that might keep the attention of the drama addicts. This show was not made for the people whom have scoured the net for information, it is for people that Won't scour the net because its boring to them.

You are spot on with your points here as I felt the same way when they did such things but unfortunately I think those type of tactics may be necessary to take this to the tube. Hopefully it doesnt do more harm then good.

Initiate

PostFri Jan 01, 2010 11:29 pm » by Simplyput

I look at it this way.....

You have to view shows like this from a heightened perspective if you really want to see it for what its worth. If you're looking for entertainment value or you're looking for something introductory, it's fine to just approach it as any other type of programming.

But for myself and many others on this forum I suspect, you've gotta step outside the programming tactics and melodrama gimmicks and look at like this......Jesse is bringing outside the box thinking and skeptical rationalization into a format that is otherwise completely lacking in it. Wether the outcome of his explorations are misguided or not is beside the point.

The main thing to take away from the show is that it looks at mainstream subjects from a place of skepticism while also exploring not so mainstream subjects that the public should have already been introduced to.

You can argue that the show's overdramatic strategy takes away from the validity of some of it's subject matter. But this type of subject matter would otherwise never, ever find it's way onto mainstream television. Intelligent and accredited investigations into this type of content never sees the light of day without a designed effort to smear or debunk it.

So what's better? The show adhering to the industry gimmicks while still getting it's message of questioning the establishment across? Or not having the show at all?

Master Conspirator

PostFri Jan 01, 2010 11:38 pm » by Cornbread714

I like the show in general, so far. I can't see it doing any real harm, but it is staged and over-dramatized somewhat.

But I suppose next week, they'll have forgotten all about the Bilderberg's genocidal plot and will move on to the next exciting, not-so-in-depth expose.
Where's the beer and when do I get paid?
- Jimmy Carl Black (the Indian of the group)

Writer

PostFri Jan 01, 2010 11:49 pm » by Clouseau

Well said simplyput :flop:

It think the show is starting to open a few peoples eyes and minds...

I've noticed my friends and co-workers talk and ask questions about things from the show, where once they had thought of me as a lone nutty :banana: for even mentioning these topics to them...

jetxvii

PostSat Jan 02, 2010 3:33 am » by jetxvii

clouseau wrote:Well said simplyput :flop:

It think the show is starting to open a few peoples eyes and minds...

I've noticed my friends and co-workers talk and ask questions about things from the show, where once they had thought of me as a lone nutty :banana: for even mentioning these topics to them...

well said and I am going to have to agree, my parents started watching it with the same results, they thought I was a nutter also.

Previous