New solar-powered Ford can recharge its batteries WITHOUT be

Conspirator

PostMon Jan 06, 2014 10:24 pm » by Malogg

New solar-powered Ford can recharge its batteries WITHOUT being plugged in

Ford has unveiled a new hybrid car with a roof covered in solar panels.

The C-Max Solar Energi claims to be the first sun-powered hybrid vehicle that does not depend on electricity for fuel.

The vehicle, which has one-and-a-half square metres of photovoltaic cells on its roof, will go on show at the Consumer Electronics Show 2014 (CES) held in Las Vegas this week.

The C-Max Solar Energi, concept image pictured, is set to be the first sun-powered hybrid vehicle that does not depend on the electric grid for fuel. Ford claims the car can cut greenhouse gas emissions per car by four tonnes a year

The panels, built by SunPower in California, have a single metal layer on the back of the photovoltaic cells.

This layer is fitted inside curved glass on the top of the car, which the company claims enables them to use 50 per cent more energy over the same surface area than standard solar panels.

However, these panels alone do not generate enough energy to power a car for a day.

Instead, Ford plans on amplifying the amount of solar energy harvested using a solar concentrator lens called a Fresnel lens, similar to that of a magnifying glass.

Fresnel lenses were originally made of glass and were used in lighthouses to extend the reach of light over the water. They are now made from lightweight acrylic.

Watch video, read and see more >> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/ ... ed-in.html
HAHA Image

Super Moderator

PostMon Jan 06, 2014 11:23 pm » by Slith

Only for summer driving. Too bad

Canubis wrote:
i consume more hard liquor a night then all dtv together...

yet i am so god dam smart....and own this shit in my world..

Writer

PostMon Jan 06, 2014 11:28 pm » by nearlyaminion

When they produce one that runs on wind and rain, it will do well here in the U K .

Super Moderator

PostMon Jan 06, 2014 11:32 pm » by Slith

nearlyaminion wrote:When they produce one that runs on wind and rain, it will do well here in the U K .

No kidding. One that runs on snow, ice and :bullshit: here in Canada

Canubis wrote:
i consume more hard liquor a night then all dtv together...

yet i am so god dam smart....and own this shit in my world..

Super Moderator

PostMon Jan 06, 2014 11:34 pm » by The57ironman

..or one that runs on hot air for washington DC.. :peep:

....remember....the authorities are working hard to keep you feeling helpless...

Writer

PostTue Jan 07, 2014 12:08 am » by Uruk84

nearlyaminion wrote:When they produce one that runs on wind and rain, it will do well here in the U K .

or bullet impact energy, so i buy one in Rio de Janeiro. Kidding.

Here im Brazil the cost will be 300% up, so, no eletric car. :(

We have a lot of days with the sun burning everything, well almost everything, the politicans still alive. :(