Newest nation on earth

Conspirator

PostMon Feb 07, 2011 6:17 pm » by Zegtelzegtel

:arrow: Southern Sudan

Conspirator

PostMon Feb 07, 2011 6:23 pm » by Flecktarn

good luck to them there going to need it ,i guess large corperations are rushing to there now to see what they can asset strip and leave the people of the country still poor ,,,hey zegtelzegtel hows life down your way airbus is on a roll over here at the moment lots of work ,,,
ImageImage

Conspirator

PostMon Feb 07, 2011 6:25 pm » by Edgarrothstein

In response to the "So what countrys next?" question in another thread....

edgarrothstein wrote:Image

If we talk about the Doomsday scenario, i'd say :

1. Ethiopia

Ethiopian muslims celebrated Mawlid holiday, commemorating the birthday of Prophet Mohammed, as more Ethiopians reportedly seek Sharia court use in family matters. The holiday was colorfully celebrated with special prayer ceremonies and clerics remembering the teachings of the Prophet.

2. Sudan

Omar al-Bashir, the Sudanese president, said the country would adopt an Islamic constitution if the south split away in next month's referendum, in a speech today in which he also defended police filming a woman being flogged.

"If south Sudan secedes, we will change the constitution and at that time there will be no time to speak of diversity of culture and ethnicity," Bashir told supporters at a rally in the eastern city of Gedaref.

"Sharia [Islamic law] and Islam will be the main source for the constitution, Islam the official religion and Arabic the official language," he said.

3. Eritrea (piece of cake)

The dictatorship of Eritrea is rarely talked about, but it has formed a partnership with Iran, helping the Islamic Republic to threaten a strategic shipping lane and pressure the pro-American Sunni Arabs into submission.

The East African country has also had relations with Somali Islamists, including an Al-Qaeda affiliate that has proven effective at recruiting Americans for jihad.

Somalia expert Dr. Mike Weinstein, Professor of Political Science at Purdue University and analyst for Garoweonline.com, told FrontPage that the Afewerki regime turned to Iran after receiving a “severe slap” from the West when it sided with Ethiopia over a border dispute and that his support of Islamists is an attempt “to stymie Ethiopia at every turn.”

There have been unconfirmed reports that Iranian weapons, soldiers, ballistic missiles, submarines, and naval vessels have been deployed to Assab in Eritrea after Iran agreed to help upgrade a Russian refinery there that could help decrease their reliance upon gasoline imports.

EDIT :

And then, they've got the entire Suez passage. Terrible, isn't it?

Disclosing bullshitters since 1969.

Conspirator

PostMon Feb 07, 2011 6:35 pm » by Flecktarn

edgarrothstein wrote:In response to the "So what countrys next?" question in another thread....

edgarrothstein wrote:Image

If we talk about the Doomsday scenario, i'd say :

1. Ethiopia

Ethiopian muslims celebrated Mawlid holiday, commemorating the birthday of Prophet Mohammed, as more Ethiopians reportedly seek Sharia court use in family matters. The holiday was colorfully celebrated with special prayer ceremonies and clerics remembering the teachings of the Prophet.

2. Sudan

Omar al-Bashir, the Sudanese president, said the country would adopt an Islamic constitution if the south split away in next month's referendum, in a speech today in which he also defended police filming a woman being flogged.

"If south Sudan secedes, we will change the constitution and at that time there will be no time to speak of diversity of culture and ethnicity," Bashir told supporters at a rally in the eastern city of Gedaref.

"Sharia [Islamic law] and Islam will be the main source for the constitution, Islam the official religion and Arabic the official language," he said.

3. Eritrea (piece of cake)

The dictatorship of Eritrea is rarely talked about, but it has formed a partnership with Iran, helping the Islamic Republic to threaten a strategic shipping lane and pressure the pro-American Sunni Arabs into submission.

The East African country has also had relations with Somali Islamists, including an Al-Qaeda affiliate that has proven effective at recruiting Americans for jihad.

Somalia expert Dr. Mike Weinstein, Professor of Political Science at Purdue University and analyst for Garoweonline.com, told FrontPage that the Afewerki regime turned to Iran after receiving a “severe slap” from the West when it sided with Ethiopia over a border dispute and that his support of Islamists is an attempt “to stymie Ethiopia at every turn.”

There have been unconfirmed reports that Iranian weapons, soldiers, ballistic missiles, submarines, and naval vessels have been deployed to Assab in Eritrea after Iran agreed to help upgrade a Russian refinery there that could help decrease their reliance upon gasoline imports.

EDIT :

And then, they've got the entire Suez passage. Terrible, isn't it?

that maps wrong england not even a colour we are atleast 36-68% depending what citys you visit
ImageImage

Conspirator

PostMon Feb 07, 2011 6:46 pm » by 99socks

flecktarn wrote:that maps wrong england not even a colour we are atleast 36-68% depending what citys you visit

You seriously missed the point.... :?

Conspirator

PostMon Feb 07, 2011 6:49 pm » by Flecktarn

99socks wrote:
flecktarn wrote:that maps wrong england not even a colour we are atleast 36-68% depending what citys you visit

not at all its my sense of humour ,,its a english joke thing
ImageImage

Conspirator

PostMon Feb 07, 2011 6:51 pm » by Edgarrothstein

flecktarn wrote:
99socks wrote:

Disclosing bullshitters since 1969.

Conspirator

PostMon Feb 07, 2011 6:54 pm » by 99socks

flecktarn wrote:
99socks wrote:

Ok, I'm just a dumb American who doesn't understand British humor. :D

Conspirator

PostMon Feb 07, 2011 6:57 pm » by Flecktarn

edgarrothstein ,,, :flop: :flop: also it was filmed in my city were i live ,,batman and robin episode rocks
ImageImage

Conspirator

PostMon Feb 07, 2011 7:01 pm » by Zegtelzegtel

ok thanx Edgarrothstein, didn`t see that...
I have mixed feelings about independance of Southern Sudan, I`m sure Bashir has another idea for it..
it`s like it all went to "easy" if you know what I mean..

Next