Next Generation Telescopes

Conspirator

PostThu Oct 04, 2012 7:32 pm » by Nilm33

IMO looking at the most distant galaxies in the universe isnt going to do jack shit for humanity.
Oh well, at least we will have some new pictures of epic gas clouds.

Upload to Disclose.tv

286 people just died from starvation during the uploading of this post...

Conspirator

PostThu Oct 04, 2012 7:42 pm » by Icarus1

its because we started exploring further than our surroundings that we left caves all those years ago my friend , the quest for knowledge should be encouraged , need i remind you the powers that be used to tell us the earth was flat and the universe circled the earth.

In 1609 an Italian physicist and astronomer named Galileo became the first person to point a telescope skyward. Although that telescope was small and the images fuzzy, Galileo was able to make out mountains and craters on the moon, as well as a ribbon of diffuse light arching across the sky -- which would later be identified as our Milky Way galaxy. After Galileo's and, later, Sir Isaac Newton's time, astronomy flourished as a result of larger and more complex telescopes. With advancing technology, astronomers discovered many faint stars and the calculation of stellar distances. In the 19th century, using a new instrument called a spectroscope, astronomers gathered information about the chemical composition and motions of celestial object. THINK HOW MUCH WE HAVE ADVANCED SINCE THEN MY FRIEND
We thought about it for a long time, "Endeavor to persevere." And when we had thought about it long enough, we declared war on the Union.

Conspirator

PostThu Oct 04, 2012 8:07 pm » by Daemonfoe

So maybe someone other than NASA will release some pictures of the surface of the moon and Mars...
The two choices we have are something starting from nothing, or something existing infinitely. These are both paradoxes. The existence of everything is therefore a paradox. -daemonfoe

Conspirator

PostThu Oct 04, 2012 8:30 pm » by Nilm33

Icarus1 wrote: THINK HOW MUCH WE HAVE ADVANCED SINCE THEN MY FRIEND

I have.
Not much.

BTW the flat earth belief is a myth. Ive said it before on here. Nobody with an average education at any point in history ever believed the Earth was flat. Its origins can be traced back to the 1800s by protestant feuds spreading lies to discourage people from following another faith. All ancient civilizations had always known the Earth was round.

This Earth will be long rotted from what we have neglected to take care of in our own backyard before we ever get to explore the depths of space that your freak astronomers fantasize about.

And if by chance a handful of privelaged individuals get to that point, they will have only done so by sacrificing the good of humanity just to achieve it.

I am totally for exploration and discovery, but I also realize our limits due to bigger problems we face as a species.

While you built billion dollar telescopes in hopes of simply satisfying your craving for knowledge, a drug resistant bacteria just wiped out everyone that would have given a shit. Climate change starved the men who would have built it. Pollution made the plateau in which the telescopes sit uninhabitable for humans, and power plant meltdowns radiated the people that study the data, All taking place after YOU died of "old age". We should spend every ounce of resource and knowledge solving death, period. Nothing else matters.

They should turn those telescopes around, and look closely at how sad of a species we have become. Maybe im not articulating this accurately. We have bigger fish to fry than looking at gas clouds 100 billion light years away.

We should spend every ounce of resource and knowledge solving death, period. THEN we could go do whatever the hell we want.