Norwegian stores takes away violent games from shops shelfes

Conspirator

PostFri Jul 29, 2011 11:26 pm » by Mozi!!a

VIOLENT: Anders Behring Breivik supposedly played the computer game "World of Warcraft"

Coop Norge and Platekompaniet have removed violent video games from store shelves after the terror attacks in Oslo and on Utøya last week.

- We have made our evaluations in each department, and removed various games around, confirms product manager, André Holt, to NTB.

Anders Behring Breivik writes in his so-called Manifesto that he played World of Warcraft for one year.

Of consideration for the Friday's, Coop Norway indefinitely revoked violent video games and weapons-like products, says Geir Inge Stokke to rogalandsavis.no.

- This is a temporary grip we do out of respect and in respect for those affected, said Stokke.

The electronics retailer Spaceworld has not removed any products from their shelves.

- We can not see any connection between the tragedy and the fact that we sell games. We have never seen any research on that games alone lead to such incidents, says marketing manager Carl Haakon Klafstad to NTB.

The games removed are:

-Call of Duty: Black Ops
-Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
-Call of Duty: World at War Platinum
-Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare Classic
-Sniper Ghost Warrior
-Counter-Strike Source
-World of Warcraft
-Homefront

I really wish some people would grow up and realize that operating a gun in Modern Warfare or *shudder* World of Warcraft, is about as far removed from operating an ACTUAL gun as you can get. Either that or doing detailed editing in MS paint is BETTER than most shooters because it requires steadier hands and more precision or you end up screwing it up as opposed to say, just wounding your target.
I really have a lot i could say on this topic, but really, i think everyone here knows that just because a killer played a videogame does not make said videogame responsible.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/ ... r-massacre

http://www.breakingnews.com/

Initiate

PostFri Jul 29, 2011 11:58 pm » by Theoracle

Typical government propaganda blame everything but the cause
nice post demobe
Peace and love theoracle

Initiate

PostSat Jul 30, 2011 12:20 am » by Gbrown

First person shooter games - games, which one give a sense, how, when and why defence themselves.

Conspirator

PostSat Jul 30, 2011 10:33 am » by Nilm33

Well then what does this say then...

Upload to Disclose.tv

... And they have the balls to say that it is not a tool to recruit underage youth, because that would be illegal! ... And people fucking believe that...

When did this world turn completely batfuck crazy?

Conspirator

PostSun Jul 31, 2011 12:57 am » by Mrmcnuggets

I mean you can't blame them for trying, makes more sense to remove the inspiration than to give the cops tanks. Maybe that is why actual virtual war simulation games have not been made, we all know brain washing is successful, and the effects it can have. So if one were to always play a game where they run, slice shoot and reload all the time, what's stopping them from a perfect round in real life.

Still sucks for the rest of us though but that's what you get in life.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. "

I AM an endangered species.

Upload to Disclose.tv