"Now my account is 'Disabled' for chat."

Super Moderator

PostFri Sep 13, 2013 11:20 pm » by Slith

Webcat wrote:
Slith wrote:The chat is still a work in progress I believe. I still can't get my avatar to stay up there. Ya, give it a bit of time to sort itself out

:cheers:

Sorry, I wish I could do more. But it has been addressed to admin.

:cheers:

Super Moderator

PostFri Sep 13, 2013 11:31 pm » by Spock

Webcat, why don't you try creating another account and seeing what happens. Use a different email address to associate the new account with.

None of us (mods) know what is happening and Lukas has not banned you, and because you can post here, you should be able to join the chat. It is a new function however, and there may be something that admin is not aware with, but I can assure you, that you have not been singled out.

Conspirator

PostSat Sep 14, 2013 12:41 am » by Fatdogmendoza

JEEBUS :bang;
Canubis wrote:slith dont b A noob.. u r my no 1 mo fo

Initiate

PostSat Sep 14, 2013 2:42 am » by Domeika

I'm not much for chatrooms but I did try the DTV chat just to check it out. So far, tried about five or six times since chat was added. Just tried again....nope. It always fails on login.

Initiate

PostSat Sep 14, 2013 3:14 am » by Rkobilan

@webcat To make sure this is right you mean that you can log in and post stuff but when you scroll up and press on the parans (Chat) the server wants you to log in again?

The problem I found was if you are not logged in directly to dtv you cannot get into the chat. I log in then click on the chat bot in the upper right top and have zero problems.

Trying to use the chat to log into the account proper will not happen. at least it hasn't in my case.

At the very least attempt that in order to pass on whether that solved the problem or in validates that when not logged into DTV proper you cannot use the chat function to log into the DTV server proper. Or am I having an issue here too?

Initiate

PostSat Sep 14, 2013 3:43 am » by Princessleia

I hope it gets fixed quickly for you :flop: hang in there!

Super Moderator

PostSat Sep 14, 2013 10:42 am » by Spock

Domeika wrote:I'm not much for chatrooms but I did try the DTV chat just to check it out. So far, tried about five or six times since chat was added. Just tried again....nope. It always fails on login.

You may be logged into the forum, but not the site. This can happen. For instance, right now I am logged in to the forum side and not logged into the side which allows me to view my PMs.

To log into the chat, go the main DTV page by clicking the logo in the top left corner. Once there, click the "LogIn" located in the top right corner.

That may be WebCat's problem too.

Conspirator

PostSat Sep 14, 2013 12:21 pm » by Toxic32

I found I was logged in to the main DTV site without being logged in. No name shown at the top as logged in. I was able to comment and do what ever I wanted to do. Sometimes I'm logged in ie my name is showing I'm logged in but when I tried to comment I'm asked to log in. Maybe your IP address is keeping you logged in when you start up again. You think you are logged in but your not really logged in.

Jesus I'm talking in tongues. Make sure you logout then log back in. It works for me every time.
Invictus maneo

Initiate

PostSat Sep 14, 2013 2:36 pm » by Domeika

Spock wrote:
Domeika wrote:I'm not much for chatrooms but I did try the DTV chat just to check it out. So far, tried about five or six times since chat was added. Just tried again....nope. It always fails on login.

You may be logged into the forum, but not the site. This can happen. For instance, right now I am logged in to the forum side and not logged into the side which allows me to view my PMs.

To log into the chat, go the main DTV page by clicking the logo in the top left corner. Once there, click the "LogIn" located in the top right corner.

That may be WebCat's problem too.

Ok, I went through the following steps...
Clicked Logout on upper right.
Clicked Logo
Clicked upper right Login
Login screen appears with User/pass filled in. (by default, pass field has 34 char value in it...my pwd is 8 chars)
Clicked Login
"Connection to server failed"
Cleared out user/pass textboxes and filled maually
Clicked Login
"Connection to server failed"

The login screen is Shockwave Flash so in the code behind it is running Active Script. There is most likely a disconnect with the variable being passed from Active Script to PHP.

Looking at the login page html, I see that the password value is replaced with a 34 character GUID (globally unique identifier) and I suspect that might have something to do with it.

I have 2 numbers in my password (last two chars of pwd). I'm curious as to whether anyone else with mixed alpha numeric is having a problem. If so, the variable (password value), before being converted to a GUID should be cast to string. In .Net I would do DirectCast(password, string) then use the converted string to create the GUID. In PHP I believe it is a bit different because the value determines the type.

Then again I could be completely wrong, but worth looking at anyway if for nothing else than to check off what the problem isn't (Dr. Suess debugging). :banana:

Super Moderator

PostSat Sep 14, 2013 2:40 pm » by Spock

I use mixed password as well. We'll direct Luka's attention to this and maybe he can figure something out.

PreviousNext