NUKE A FUALT LINE???/correct me if Im wrong...

Conspirator

PostTue Jun 01, 2010 12:47 am » by Ghost32

I think that the nuclear bomb idea for the most recent oil disaster in the gulf came out of Russia ,and you have to wonder if they really want to help,whats worse than oily water, radioactive water! Also you have to think that what if it is not a solution but actually worsens the problem? Right now you have a small hole, nuke it and maybe it becomes a huge gap . opening up the whole oil supply there to all rush out.

This is a very big deal and huge disaster,its a reminder not to mess with mother nature!

The moderators should go ahead and make a new category for this disaster on the main forum page, there will be many posts on this topic for years to come and it might help to keep up with the oil spill topics easier.

:ghost: 32

Initiate

PostTue Jun 01, 2010 12:58 am » by Umbrex

ghost32 wrote:I
The moderators should go ahead and make a new category for this disaster on the main forum page, there will be many posts on this topic for years to come and it might help to keep up with the oil spill topics easier.

:ghost: 32

Ï thought about this too.

It's a good idea.

There's too much stuff going on about it to be contained in a single thread and the worst man made natural disaster doesnt seem to go away.

Conspirator

PostWed Jun 02, 2010 4:48 am » by Cia212

ghost32 wrote:I think that the nuclear bomb idea for the most recent oil disaster in the gulf came out of Russia ,and you have to wonder if they really want to help,whats worse than oily water, radioactive water! Also you have to think that what if it is not a solution but actually worsens the problem?

Yes, it does come from Russia. They have used it on 5 occasions and it's worked very well with no noticeable increase in surface or wildlife radiation. The radiation is contained by the huge amount of collapsing material - of course, it hasn't been tested on fault lines.

The real issue with a nuke is that it makes the existing well and potential drill sites a certain (I have conflicting data on an exact number) distance away from the site unusable. BP does NOT want that. Nor do they want to install the kill switches which would have COMPLETELY eliminated the chance of this disaster happening.

We will see by Obama's decisions over the next few weeks who is pulling his strings.

Regarding the fault line, remember when India and Turkey were underground testing nuclear weapons? What followed was a series of earthquakes across the entire area - even in Northwest Iran.

Conspirator

PostWed Jun 02, 2010 4:49 am » by Cia212

[quote="ghost32":3o4szx5k]I think that the nuclear bomb idea for the most recent oil disaster in the gulf came out of Russia ,and you have to wonder if they really want to help,whats worse than oily water, radioactive water! Also you have to think that what if it is not a solution but actually worsens the problem?[/quote:3o4szx5k]

Yes, it does come from Russia. They have used it on 5 occasions and it's worked very well with no noticeable increase in surface or wildlife radiation. The radiation is contained by the huge amount of collapsing material - of course, it hasn't been tested on fault lines.

The real issue with a nuke is that it makes the existing well and potential drill sites a certain (I have conflicting data on an exact number) distance away from the site unusable. BP does NOT want that. Nor do they want to install the kill switches which would have COMPLETELY eliminated the chance of this disaster happening.

We will see by Obama's decisions over the next few weeks who is pulling his strings.

Regarding the fault line, remember when India and Turkey were underground testing nuclear weapons? What followed was a series of earthquakes across the entire area - even in Northwest Iran.

Initiate

PostWed Jun 02, 2010 5:06 am » by Mahsooyee

Hmmmm, there is a huge deposit of methane in that well which is also flowing at enormous pressure. Is there a possibility that the methane could ignite from any kind of bomb and send a fire ball down into the well and cause a massive explosion?? Now that might just collapse the sea floor!

Writer

PostThu Jun 03, 2010 10:31 pm » by Cerealkiller76

:nails: :look: :badair: + :hell: = :sunny: then :ghost: :ghost: :ghost:

Previous