NVIDIA - PROJECT SHIELD

Conspirator

PostMon Jan 07, 2013 10:45 am » by One-23

Damn I want one nowwwwww :flop:

This little bit of tech looks awesome and could very well usher in the demise of handheld console gaming and dedicated devices such as tablets.

Que Hackers :mrgreen:

Upload to Disclose.tv

Upload to Disclose.tv

NVIDIA's Project SHIELD is Disruptive to Game Consoles and Portable Game Devices

NVIDIA tonight announced one of the most disruptive products in their history, called Project SHIELD, a portable gaming device that also signifies a vertical integration move. Put simply, SHIELD is an NVIDIA-branded, Android-based portable game device with a 5” 720P display that can play Android and PC games. It will be available in “Q2/2013” at a “to be determined price.”

Using NVIDIA’s latest and greatest mobile processor, Tegra 4, game players can display locally on their own device or display wirelessly to an HDTV. The form factor isn’t rectangular like the PS Vita, Nintendo DS, or Apple iPod, but rather shaped more like an XBOX or Playstation controller with a fold-out display.

The ability to play PC games is accomplished leveraging the same kind of technology that is used in NVIDIA’s commercial VDI (remote desktop) and cloud gaming technology, called NVIDIA VGX Technology. Essentially the Kepler-based technology renders a video of the gameplay as it is happening on the PC and wirelessly send it to the “Shield” or an HDTV. With NVIDIA’s Kepler architecture, they significantly improved their rendering technology so that the gaming latency would be minimized. Shield sends gameplay commands wirelessly to the gaming PC.

There are some big differences in the economics. Each of the devices, except the iPod Touch, is significantly subsidized by games that cost between $25-$70. I expect NVIDIA to price SHIELD more like the iPod Touch, with an initial higher price point. I would expect games to be priced between $1-$20, like Android games are priced today. Buyers can also play any games they may have previously purchased too, let’s say from their Android phones or tablets like the Google Nexus 7.

Very important to stress, none of the competitive game devices can play PC games, and that will be very important to some gamers. PC gamers don’t always enjoy sitting at the table or desk and like to be mobile, too.

NVIDIA sent a shock wave through the gaming industry tonight with its Project SHIELD nnouncement. Yes, there are many unanswered questions, but regardless of those answers, this is a major disruption to portable game devices, game consoles and devices like the Apple iPod. I give NVIDIA a lot of credit for this disruption as it could payoff big for them but also for gamers.

Source http://www.forbes.com/sites/patrickmoor ... e-devices/

Upload to Disclose.tv

WELCOME TO THE D.D.C
DTV Doomtards Club

Conspirator

PostMon Jan 07, 2013 11:48 am » by mediasorcery

Be a heap of fun when your internet connection goes down lol.
the story of life is quicker than the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello and goodbye, until we meet again my friend.

Conspirator

PostMon Jan 07, 2013 12:03 pm » by One-23

That's the beauty of WIFI streaming, no need for internet connectivity. As long as a local network is enabled this badboy will chug along nicely.

Upload to Disclose.tv

WELCOME TO THE D.D.C
DTV Doomtards Club

Initiate

PostMon Jan 07, 2013 1:03 pm » by Arella

oh my, i wish to be 25 years younger, how spoilt are kids nowadays

Conspirator

PostTue Jan 08, 2013 12:20 am » by Opalserpent

Nvidia are always behind samsung and their gpus sadly, the same ones in the Ipad 3 and sony vita aka psp 2 are better and last years tech.

http://www.androidauthority.com/samsung ... es-106609/

The Samsung SGX 544 MP4 quad core gpu is still king of the hill and is found in most new samsung tablets and all ipad 3's and even in the sony vita.

If I didn't have an ass kicking powerhouse gaming laptop I would wait 6 months and by one
of the new samsung tablets with the new unbreakable screens and new SGX quad core gpu.

Also, if you google ppcwarez you will find everything you could ever want for
portables, I recommend you check it out as it's good for people who are strapped for cash.

It's a forum for software for all mobile platforms, kind of like megaupload was before fascists
took it away from us.

you will be redirected to the mobilism website by using ppcwarez in the google search.

You will be extremely happy if you are into mobile devices with that forum.

You will have to register but it's free anyway to view the download links.

Mobilism is my second favourite mobile site though you will have to learn how to use the
astro file manager on android and some of the games are patched quickly and
become unusable but are later modded again, hehe.
Live by the Terror, Die by the Terror.