Obama Live News Conference

Initiate

PostWed Jan 16, 2013 7:00 pm » by mykingdomforthetruth

who's the president ? Obama or that teleprompter ?
It seems inconceivable to me that a nation of 300 million cannot replace 545 people who stand convicted -- by present facts -- of incompetence and irresponsibility.

Super Moderator

PostWed Jan 16, 2013 7:02 pm » by The57ironman

...i hope there's a teleprompter malfunction

The 3-day event,
sponsored by the Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms and the Second Amendment Foundation,
will be held from September 26th-28th at the Hyatt Regency O’Hare Airport hotel in Chicago.

Initiate

PostWed Jan 16, 2013 7:17 pm » by mykingdomforthetruth

So he's banned assault rifles and magazines of more than 10 rounds,

We the people will struggle to mount a descent revolution with limited weaponry and ammo

''for all the americans that are counting on us to keep them safe from harm''-Obama

Your gun is suppose to keep you safe not the government stop clapping you brainwashed idiots !
It seems inconceivable to me that a nation of 300 million cannot replace 545 people who stand convicted -- by present facts -- of incompetence and irresponsibility.

Master Conspirator

PostWed Jan 16, 2013 7:19 pm » by *WillEase*

PEACE, PEACE...BUT THERE IS NO PEACE!

Super Moderator

PostWed Jan 16, 2013 7:20 pm » by domdabears

No, it has to go through congress.

Nothing is banned.
I wanna be a Warhol
Displayed on your wall
Still hung up on you

Conspirator

PostWed Jan 16, 2013 7:29 pm » by Poooooot

lol when I heard this news a few minutes ago, I knew this place would be blowing up
Matthew 7
“Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

Conspirator

PostWed Jan 16, 2013 7:31 pm » by Poooooot

domdabears wrote:No, it has to go through congress.

Nothing is banned.

Obama signed 23 executive orders aimed at curbing gun violence that don't need congressional approval. But he also demanded from Congress to take immediate actions needed to enhance gun control. In addition to the assault weapons ban, the president wants implementation of universal background checks for all gun sales, restoration of a 10-round limit on ammunition magazines, a ban on armor-piercing bullets, end freeze on gun violence research and others.
Matthew 7
“Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

Super Moderator

PostWed Jan 16, 2013 7:33 pm » by domdabears

Poooooot wrote:

Nothing is banned.

Obama signed 23 executive orders aimed at curbing gun violence that don't need congressional approval. But he also demanded from Congress to take immediate actions needed to enhance gun control. In addition to the assault weapons ban, the president wants implementation of universal background checks for all gun sales, restoration of a 10-round limit on ammunition magazines, a ban on armor-piercing bullets, end freeze on gun violence research and others.

Nothing is banned.
I wanna be a Warhol
Displayed on your wall
Still hung up on you

Master Conspirator

PostWed Jan 16, 2013 7:34 pm » by *WillEase*

Nothing is banned.

Executive orders can be overturned by either of the other two branches: the Supreme Court can do so through a case that is brought in front of them and Congress can do so by passing legislation that would conflict with the order or by refusing to approve funding to enforce it. The president still has the right to veto a decision from Congress, which Congress can override as always with a two-thirds majority that would end the executive order. However, this is nearly impossible because of the supermajority vote that is required as well as the fact that individual lawmakers can be left very vulnerable to political criticism. To date, two executive orders have been overturned by other branches.

Put another way, even if congress passes legislation to stop the executive orders, the president can veto it (which he would) it then requires a supermajority vote from congress (which it doesn't have).
As of this moment, what he just signed is in fact, law.
PEACE, PEACE...BUT THERE IS NO PEACE!

Conspirator

PostWed Jan 16, 2013 7:38 pm » by Poooooot

domdabears wrote:
Poooooot wrote:

Nothing is banned.

Nothing is banned.

Yeah, I was backing you up. Why do you always assume I am trying to argue with you?
But he also demanded from Congress to take immediate actions needed to enhance gun control. In addition to the assault weapons ban, the president wants implementation of universal background checks for all gun sales, restoration of a 10-round limit on ammunition magazines, a ban on armor-piercing bullets, end freeze on gun violence research and others.
Last edited by Poooooot on Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matthew 7

PreviousNext