Obama the most Pro-Gun President

Super Moderator

PostFri Nov 23, 2012 7:06 pm » by domdabears

The conspiracy and paranoia is everywhere that Obama and the Gov is coming for our guns.

I see it on sites like this one, and all my Prepper / Survival sites. It's a bunch of bullshit. None of it is true.

The rumors are spread so that the firearm companies sales spike. Like they have been.

Stocks are up! Sales are up! Profits are way up!

The Brady Campaign is a gun control group formed by former Regan press secretary James Brady. The Brady Group grades each president with a letter grade from A to F. A is very strict on gun control and F is extremely lenient on gun control. President Obama has received an F in every category graded by the Brady Group.

http://www.bradycampaign.org/media/press/view/1214

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing- ... -for-obama

Obama has passed more gun rights laws and repealed more gun restrictions in his first term than G.W. Bush did in eight years.

Here are highlights of pro-gun victories since 2009:

- Since taking office Obama has resisting attempts to reinstate the Assault Weapons Ban or curb the extended clips

— In 2009, Obama enacted legislation permitting firearms in national parks.

— In 2009, Arizona and Tennessee passed laws letting people carry guns in bars.

— In 2010, the Supreme Court ruled 5-4 to extend federal gun-rights protections to states.

— In 2010, Louisiana approved a bill letting people carry firearms in houses of worship.

— In 2010, Arizona passed a law letting people carry concealed weapons without a permit. In 2011, Wyoming enacted the same law.

— In 2011, the U.S. House of Representatives passed, with considerable bipartisan support, a bill that makes a firearm-carry permit in one state valid in every other state.

— In 2011, Mississippi enacted legislation allowing people to carry firearms on college campuses, and in bars and churches. Later that year, the measure was expanded to include sporting events, polling places, airports, courthouses and other government localities.

— In 2011, North Dakota and Texas passed legislation to ensure that employees may bring a gun to work, as long as it’s locked in a vehicle.

— In 2011, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin and New Hampshire put into effect versions of Florida’s “stand your ground” law, granting people broad latitude to use lethal force when they perceive a threat to their safety.

The list does not include NRA victories at beating back gun-control efforts, such as prohibiting people on a government-designated terror watch list from buying a firearm, or closing a loophole that allows sales of weapons at gun shows.

President Obama, meanwhile, is the best friend the NRA has ever had. While they portray him as a constant and ominous liberal threat, the president has in reality been an ostensible ally. During his first two years in office, Obama signed laws that brought guns into national parks and Amtrak trains, while resisting attempts to reinstate the Assault Weapons Ban or curb the extended clips used in the Arizona rampage that nearly killed Congresswoman Gabby Giffords.

“Last week, one journalist wrote that the National Rifle Association ‘should erect a statue of Barack Obama in front of its D.C. headquarters’ because he ‘has done more for firearm owners than any President in recent history.’ Avoiding the gun issue has done nothing to stop or slow the political attacks from the gun extremists.”

I am not an Obama fan. I'm just not a fan of stupid internet doom and gloom conspiracy bullshit that some of you people eat up like candy.

I wanna be a Warhol
Displayed on your wall
Still hung up on you

Super Moderator

PostFri Nov 23, 2012 7:20 pm » by domdabears

Truth Revealed.
I wanna be a Warhol
Displayed on your wall
Still hung up on you

Super Moderator

PostFri Nov 23, 2012 7:21 pm » by The57ironman

......hmm........no kiddin'.... :think:

Obama Misses 60% of Security Briefings... and Blames Intelligence Community?Image

Initiate

PostFri Nov 23, 2012 8:00 pm » by 420milehigh

10/22/12
http://dailycaller.com/2012/10/22/obama ... ants-more/

and more
http://www.guncite.com/gun_control_obama.html

one from fox news;
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2011/12/ ... -stopping/

an NRA website;
http://www.nrapvf.org/Obama

I can keep going but I think this should prove that whether the legislation passes or not, Obama supports anti-gun legislature.... stop saying it's fear mongering

Super Moderator

PostFri Nov 23, 2012 8:04 pm » by domdabears

You're not proving anything. And you people are Fear mongering.

Even if he did send something to get passes or not, it likely wouldn't with the current congress.

Our guns aren't going anywhere.

Weather you like it or not.
I wanna be a Warhol
Displayed on your wall
Still hung up on you

Super Moderator

PostFri Nov 23, 2012 8:07 pm » by domdabears

Do you even own a gun? Do you even know whats going on??

It's been getting better for us gun owners. All states but 1 can not conceal carry. Oklahoma can now open carry. The list goes on.

There's no proof of any gun oppression.
I wanna be a Warhol
Displayed on your wall
Still hung up on you

Initiate

PostFri Nov 23, 2012 8:08 pm » by 420milehigh

second Amendment right; A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED. (in any way, shape or form... so open carry, banana clips, full auto, etc should be totally unregulated)

Writer

PostFri Nov 23, 2012 8:09 pm » by Paradoxical_Anarchy

Actually the only law that Obama had anything to do with, was a provision put into the "Credit Card Accountability Responsibility and Disclosure Act of 2009," which allowed firearms to be carried in most national parks. All the other gun legislation you provided was passed either by states, or by Supreme Court ruling, which has nothing to do with Obama. "In 2011, the U.S. House of Representatives passed, with considerable bipartisan support, a bill that makes a firearm-carry permit in one state valid in every other state." never passed. I don't disagree with the assertion that gun companies use what ever mean necessary to increase sales. Personally though I don't believe Obama in his first term, could have taken on both health care reform and gun legislation his first term. Only time will tell.

Initiate

PostFri Nov 23, 2012 8:13 pm » by 420milehigh

domdabears wrote:You're not proving anything. And you people are Fear mongering.

Even if he did send something to get passes or not, it likely wouldn't with the current congress.

Our guns aren't going anywhere.

Weather you like it or not.

your OP says "obama the most pro-gun president" which should prove beyond a reasonable doubt that you finger is far away from the pulse and straight up your arse.... now your changing your story and saying he might not be pro-gun but it wouldn't pass congress even if he pushed for a gun ban, I got a news flash for you, Obama has BYPASSED congress on a multitude of occasions... first get your story straight and make sure you have evidence before bitching about something you OBVIOUSLY know nothing about...

Super Moderator

PostFri Nov 23, 2012 8:14 pm » by domdabears

Paradoxical_Anarchy wrote:Actually the only law that Obama had anything to do with, was a provision put into the "Credit Card Accountability Responsibility and Disclosure Act of 2009," which allowed firearms to be carried in most national parks. All the other gun legislation you provided was passed either by states, or by Supreme Court ruling, which has nothing to do with Obama. "In 2011, the U.S. House of Representatives passed, with considerable bipartisan support, a bill that makes a firearm-carry permit in one state valid in every other state." never passed. I don't disagree with the assertion that gun companies use what ever mean necessary to increase sales. Personally though I don't believe Obama in his first term, could have taken on both health care reform and gun legislation his first term. Only time will tell.

I know they're state laws. I have them presented as pro gun victories.

I live in the worst state for gun ownership.
I wanna be a Warhol
Displayed on your wall
Still hung up on you

Next