Official existence of E.T's = Death of Religion?

Initiate
User avatar
Posts: 569
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:25 am

PostMon Jan 25, 2010 10:02 pm » by Govtslave


in fact, other cultures way back before christians appeared, some cultures like the Mayan culture believed the god we call it today was extraterrestrial intelligence.

for example in one of the books of maya it says the leader of the mayan (Kukulcan, a miraculous priest and teacher) went away from earth WITH the gods...
in the other book, about the chronicles each mayan calendar cyclus has, the last cyclus will end at 21.12.2012, when the gods will return...

this meaning of god would turn the whole world around.


When you think about it, the common theme of religion is life after death. Even ancient civilizations like the Egyptians had this as a central theme. The Christian religion is all about life after death. If an extraterrestrial intelligence showed up claiming to be "God". Perhaps their power related to death would need to be looked at. If they have a method to keep us alive eternally in a place described as "paradise", what then?

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 1104
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:09 pm

PostMon Jan 25, 2010 10:12 pm » by Badger


dracula wrote:Oh boy... By the time I wrote my post similar thing has been discussed again :( kinda makes me look dumb. :bang;


This doesn't make you look dumb, you are with like minded people.

sockpuppet wrote:Would that make them "god"? No. Ask yourself- who made THEM?

And on a funny note, what do you think would happen if they came down here and told us a story about a man named Jesus who visited their planet and taught them about God? :D


If this was the case I would be at my local church 10am Sunday morning


But I still have a hard time trusting them. It has nothing to do with thinking any one religion on Earth is 100% truth, either. But if they KNEW because the truth was EVIDENT, then they can't lie to us about it because it would be like standing in front of a blue screen and saying it was red. However, if it was so evident either through honest spirituality or honest technology, and if there was an entire Universal and Inter-Galactic organization of sorts, then it should be both 1) evident to all Beings in the universe and 2) likewise attested by them in full unity at this organization (I do not mean "organized religion"). But if there is no unity, then this "truth" is NOT truly evident and I do not feel there is any obligation to accept or endorse it.




So you'll go with the majority?

I'm not into religious bashing and as long as you don't hurt anyone I don't see what difference it makes what you believe. Personally I think that when I die that's it, Game over, finished, oblivion.
I would like to be wrong but not one religion has persuaded me otherwise.

I would approach anything said by Aliens as suspect and I would want proof. And the religions of Earth can't offer it either. So Until the proof of God(denomination of choice), reincarnation or any other quasi cult pop's it head over the parapet for all to see, I will be guided by my own sense of conscience and guilt.
And organised religion can shove it until they start practising what they preach.
Image

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 2142
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:55 pm
Location: GERMANY

PostMon Jan 25, 2010 10:19 pm » by Germanpils


govtslave wrote:in fact, other cultures way back before christians appeared, some cultures like the Mayan culture believed the god we call it today was extraterrestrial intelligence.

for example in one of the books of maya it says the leader of the mayan (Kukulcan, a miraculous priest and teacher) went away from earth WITH the gods...
in the other book, about the chronicles each mayan calendar cyclus has, the last cyclus will end at 21.12.2012, when the gods will return...

this meaning of god would turn the whole world around.


When you think about it, the common theme of religion is life after death. Even ancient civilizations like the Egyptians had this as a central theme. The Christian religion is all about life after death. If an extraterrestrial intelligence showed up claiming to be "God". Perhaps their power related to death would need to be looked at. If they have a method to keep us alive eternally in a place described as "paradise", what then?


i understand you, but
Egypt isnt what the media tells you.

the history of egypt is just as complex as the Mayan or the Inkas, or the Machu Pichus,

the media says those long channels, were meant to lead the soul to the stars, or the paradise.
but do you remember back in 99? when they tried to send a robot through the channel to see where it leads to.

well it was closed
Image

a closed channel should lead to the stars? humm....
after they sent the next robot in to drill a hole, they came to another litttle wall...

a double closed channel?

I heard a theory that an ET teacher came to earth and helped the egyptians planning to build the pyramids, the guy who got taught by him/them had everything written in many books. before the wave came, the egyptian has hidden those books in the pyramids,
to never get them lost, or sunk in water...

those books are supposed to be behind the second door...

and guess what, the egyptian or whose ever RELIGION denied any further access to investigate. they even drilled the hole in the first door before the official scientists drilled it...
means they werent sure aswell....

well, go figure...
You know, you don't see with your eyes,
you see with your brain and the more
words your brain has, the more things you can see.
(KRS-ONE)

Initiate
Posts: 170
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:25 am

PostMon Jan 25, 2010 10:34 pm » by Jayson1972


scoundrel1975 wrote:lets not forget the pictures found in the bible and in religious monuments depicting flying saucers and the like in the background of the main images, and literate depictions of ufo's for example chariots in the sky



UH YAH! The bible does not have pictures there buddy. :hell:

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 4805
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:27 am

PostMon Jan 25, 2010 10:38 pm » by sockpuppet


badger wrote:

So you'll go with the majority?

I'm not into religious bashing and as long as you don't hurt anyone I don't see what difference it makes what you believe. Personally I think that when I die that's it, Game over, finished, oblivion.
I would like to be wrong but not one religion has persuaded me otherwise.

I would approach anything said by Aliens as suspect and I would want proof. And the religions of Earth can't offer it either. So Until the proof of God(denomination of choice), reincarnation or any other quasi cult pop's it head over the parapet for all to see, I will be guided by my own sense of conscience and guilt.


That is exactly what I meant... everything is a belief, until it is proven true or otherwise clearly evident such as the sky is blue. I wouldn't trust the "proofs" given to me by an alien civilization about God or anything spiritual precisely because the behaviour of these aliens, as we know it, seems pretty dismal (but then again, our standards could be wrong?). Anyways, if the full truth was known and could be proven, then it stands to reason that all civilizations should have independent access to the truth. And if this is so, then all civilizations will have the SAME proof of the SAME truth. For me, once this unity is obtained, it becomes a fact.
Skype: nnboogies
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouyVS6HOFeo

Initiate
Posts: 270
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:14 pm

PostMon Jan 25, 2010 10:44 pm » by Bluesman4uonly


A person can believe in a Creator without being part of, or associated with, any type of a religion. Unless you can seperate the two in your minds then it's hard to understand how the thought of a Supreme Entity has survived in the deepest thinkers since the beginning. Let's take for instance when man worshiped the sun. Even though he was told that the sun was the all powerful, man still wondered what created the sun. The understanding of a Creator of all things is what a person finally discovers after a life time of thought on the subject. Did something create the Creator? Then That would make the Creator of the Creator the supreme being would it not? You see, until someone can answer all of the questions, there are no answers that appeal to everyone. Thats why it's up to you to reason out your own idea of creation and what makes sense to you. Of course what you believe does effect your life and others around you. Believing you live and die and that's the end of it seems like a empty theory to me. If thats the case, why not just rape, murder, steal, like some others do? No, without the belief of a Creator man would not have survived this long.
If Et was the Creator, why would they be abducting people and running experments continusly? Has Et genetically altered man? Maybe, in appearence,not in spirit. You see, for Et to create man, he would have to first create a spirit for that man or the body couldn't grow. Since a spirit can't be seen, how would Et prove "Jack" to the person who thinks for theirselves?

Initiate
User avatar
Posts: 219
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:44 am
Location: Tucson, Arizona, USA

PostSat Jan 30, 2010 7:30 am » by Papermoon


germanpils wrote:the question that comes into my mind like every day is:

why would nasa/us gov cover up the existence of aliens?

I came to the following point of my thoughts.

if E.T's officially being existent, the religion "Christian" would completely
fall into its own building print.
i mean the whole story of jesus, god etc would be complete LIES

while i thought more about that, and somehow came over a 1 dollar bill, i saw this:
"IN GOD WE TRUST"
when i saw this i noticed the whole US GOV is built and based of religion (Christian)

and today we know: RELIGION = GOVERNMENT | GOVERNMENT = POWER

so if the existence of ETs are official, it could cause the death of religion all over the world,
(except the Hindu's)

DEATH OF RELIGION = DEATH OF GOVERNMENT = DEATH OF POWER


Logic huh?

more ideas/productive/contradictive?



LOL! That's not true because ET's fit into religion and even explains religion or expands religion more or puts religion in modern language. It would not completely destroy religion. Plus, ET's are mentioned in the Bible just by other names like nephelim, fallen angels, good angels, and the book of enoch is all about aliens. So no, it would not destroy religion which is why I wonder so much why they would want to keep it secret and the only conclusion I can come to is that they are/have been secretly working with aliens for a long time and want to keep it hidden for that reason. I don't know. :alien:
~I Believe~
Tis strange but true, for truth is always strange, stranger than fiction.


Initiate
User avatar
Posts: 219
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:44 am
Location: Tucson, Arizona, USA

PostSat Jan 30, 2010 7:34 am » by Papermoon


lainn wrote:Maybe the death of religion(thank god :dunno: ).....but surely not of faith and beleif.....intresting what happens when those two components are taken back and applied to the self......we've given it away and streamed its gifts intoto efforgies for to long.....wonder where all that power of belief went anyway.



I think it might be death of the church but not necessarily of religion. I think all religions may combine into the UFO phenominon and people will begin to think or realize that all relgions point to UFOs and aliens so there will be no more formal churches just everyone will realize their indivitual religions were somehow based on aliens & UFOs. So they won't stop believing in their religion, I just think they will understand their religions in a different way and not the tradition church ways.
~I Believe~
Tis strange but true, for truth is always strange, stranger than fiction.


Initiate
User avatar
Posts: 219
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:44 am
Location: Tucson, Arizona, USA

PostSat Jan 30, 2010 7:45 am » by Papermoon


govtslave wrote:"but there is the possibility that we have been, are , and always will be in one form or the next.."

The flesh is obviously temporal. However, there is belief in the Christian community that our life i.e. spirit/soul is eternal. This leads to the Christian belief that your personal choice is with whom and where you wish to spend it. This is the point at which religion begins.

Regardless, any theory will crash head on with creation. The big bang, if you will. Then, this type of discussion usually leads to "oh, well then, where did God come from?" and that's when your brain explodes. :D
But as you say, hopefully we will know for sure when our flesh vessel ends. I have tried to envision in my mind being alive today and dead tomorrow with the idea that there is nothing afterward. We all go to sleep at night contemplating the next day..........


I think religion was ancient man's attempt to understand the UFO phenominon and the phenominon of other worldy beings some of which were good and some of which were bad interacting with mankind, so their way of trying to understand it was by forming rituals and belief systems that would explain to them or help them understand what they were experiencing. But now mankind has moved into the scientific age and today we use science and technology to explain things even if it's advanced and not fully understood technology, it is at least recognized as technology and not magic.

So I think the revelation of ET's will just get people to see their religions in a different light. Which will mean the falling away of old rituals (churches or religious gatherings) and usher in a new scientific understanding of ET's but they will still believe in their gods, they will just recognize them as ET's.
~I Believe~
Tis strange but true, for truth is always strange, stranger than fiction.


Initiate
User avatar
Posts: 219
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:44 am
Location: Tucson, Arizona, USA

PostSat Jan 30, 2010 8:01 am » by Papermoon


sockpuppet wrote:Why do we assume that ET's are more spiritually advanced than we are? Superiority in technology doesn't necessarily equate to holistic understanding of anything.

The Muslims consider ET's to be 'jinn' (another creation of God, created at the same time as we were, with a different essence of body but the same free will).

New-Age believers think they are the gods of ancient times.

Fundamentalist Christians think they are demons.

Maybe, just maybe, they are like us- still learning. I cannot believe the ET's that we hear about all the time are spiritually 'ahead' of us. They are doing what I would expect our atheists, arrogant scientists, or government officials would do if we found life on another planet- they deceive, exploit, and manipulate. I don't trust them with anything in the material world, and I most certainly do not trust them concerning anything in the spiritual world!


That is a good point. They may have more technology than we do which allows them to be here on earth in the first place but they may not be more spiritually advanced than we are and some may just be downright evil, the way some humans are evil and focus on greed etc. Maybe they think themselves higher and think of humans as being like animals with no rights or whatever. There could be many types or races of aliens and some could be good and want to help mankind and some could be evil, and want to hurt mankind or are just careless towards mankind for whatever purpose. Some could just try to benefit from human's belief in God by pretending to be god for their own agenda. And some ET's may be truely good and want to help mankind. Maybe ancient people realized that and called the good ones angels. There's just so much we don't know and nothing is a simple yes or no, or black or white. Different ones may have different agendas and some from the same group may be good and some from the same group may be bad. Just like humans, some are good and some are bad but we are all humans. When ET's are first revealed, i think mankind will need time to figure out which are good which are bad which have good motives which have bad motives which want to exploit and which want to help which could be one reason for Governments wanting to keep them secret too, to find out their motives. I don't want us to make the same mistake the ancient people made of automatically thinking any being with advanced technology is god or a god or to be worshipped. That's the mistake they made. Who knows, the whole thing can be very complicated. Nothing is ever simple and straight forward. :sunny:

Maybe they think humans will blindly follow any kind of ET with advanced technology who plays on human weaknesses such as their religious ideas to try to manipulate mankind into blindly serving or following them when their agenda may be bad. The revealing of ET's will be a huge transition point in modern history that's for sure. :sunny:
~I Believe~
Tis strange but true, for truth is always strange, stranger than fiction.



PreviousNext

  • Related topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post
Visit Disclose.tv on Facebook