OH MY GOD FEAR FOR YOUR LIFE

Conspirator

PostMon May 16, 2011 1:09 pm » by Nihilgeist

So since they're prophesying that they're all going to get raptured away while we experience terrors and horrors until we all die in October, does that mean we get to do the same thing to them if they're wrong?
Five Finger Death Punch
"I'd rather you hate me, for everything I am than ever love me, for something that I'm not."

Lowsix wrote:Seriously dude..you're trash.
Always have been.

Initiate

PostMon May 16, 2011 1:23 pm » by Mandown

iwokeup2009 wrote:
What will take place on May 21?
On May 21, 2011 two events will occur. These events could not be more opposite in nature, the one more wonderful than can be imagined; the other more horrific than can be imagined.
A great earthquake will occur the Bible describes it as "such as was not since men were upon the earth, so mighty an earthquake, and so great." This earthquake will be so powerful it will throw open all graves. The remains of the all the believers who have ever lived will be instantly transformed into glorified spiritual bodies to be forever with God.

On the other hand the bodies of all unsaved people will be thrown out upon the ground to be shamed.
The inhabitants who survive this terrible earthquake will exist in a world of horror and chaos beyond description. Each day people will die until October 21, 2011 when God will completely destroy this earth and its surviving inhabitants.

Seriously now!! i refuse to buy into this :bullshit:

hmmm what to do next Saturday ...... I think i'm gonna wake up and cook a nice egg and bacon breakfast , watch some cartoons with the kids the take them to the park to play or maybe head to the pool , maybe we all will take a nice nap in the afternoon after lunch if i cant sleep maybe i can fit in some cleaning and laundry how fun, then i m gonna need to play some more with my kids , and have some dinner ready for about 5ish i m thinking some rice and meatballs yum yum , after that i will need to give my boys their baths , and of course tuck them in for bed , then at last me and my bf can spend some alone time together and enjoy the peace and quiet it will be well deserved by that point , and eventually head to bed.

seems like i got my day all scheduled up, I amso sorry Jesus i am just not going to be able to squeeze you in.... :nope:

LIAR :bang;
ManDown

Initiate

PostMon May 16, 2011 1:49 pm » by Truthseekerx

The 21st will come and go, without event.
The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible.

Writer

PostMon May 23, 2011 6:09 am » by Beartammer

I am so so sorry jesus, that I was wrong, you did have plans to come back on saturday but rain was delaying you, yes I do belive you came, I think but no one else did. I think it was you knocking at the door on the 21st but I was too snug in bed, can you please please please destroy the world on a nice day rather than a rainy day. Love you Jesus

PostMon May 23, 2011 5:45 pm » by Lokoloa

The Heavenly Father really knows how to put on a show!

Conspirator

PostMon May 23, 2011 8:32 pm » by Kaarmaa

http://healthland.time.com/2011/05/17/apocalypse-now-why-believers-will-grow-stronger-when-the-world-doesnt-end/?iid=WBeditorspicks
Apocalypse Now: Why Believers Will Grow Stronger If the World Doesn't End

Read more: http://healthland.time.com/2011/05/17/a ... z1NCSqFIqW

In case you haven't heard, the world is about to end on May 21. According to 89-year-old radio host Harold Camping and his followers, who have been placing billboards and subway ads across the country, people must repent now and "cry mightily" for God's mercy in order to be "raptured" into heaven on Saturday, or risk being left behind as the world is wracked by earthquakes, plagues and, ultimately, complete destruction.

Psychology is typically lousy at predictions. But it can predict, with the weight of some pretty strong evidence, that if the world doesn't in fact end this weekend, most true believers of the apocalypse will not lose their religion. Indeed, the failure of the apocalypse to materialize will only strengthen believers' convictions.

The psychology behind this phenomenon applies to far more than fanatical religious behavior. It also helps explain everything from cults to the insidious influence of drug company paraphernalia.

Previous studies of apocalyptic religions have explored believers' reactions when the world doesn't end as predicted. For his 1956 classic, When Prophecy Fails, for instance, Leon Festinger followed members of a UFO cult who believed that they would be rescued by a spaceship on Dec. 21, 1954, after which the world would end in a catastrophic flood.

Before the prophecy foundered, believers had already begun preparing for the world's end, quietly and with little publicity quitting jobs or school and giving away their money and possessions. Afterward — when their prophet, Dorothy Martin, explained that their faith had been the key to preventing the flood — the followers began a blitz of proselytizing, more convinced than ever that their beliefs were correct.

What accounts for this "irrational" behavior? Shouldn't the failure of a very precise prediction for which they had made extreme sacrifices have prompted disillusionment and disgust — not greater commitment?

Not according to Festinger's theory of cognitive dissonance, which predicts that the more we have given and invested in a particular point of view, the less likely we will be to abandon it in the face of contrary evidence. It's the same cognitive process that kicks in when we are made to behave in ways that are inconsistent with our beliefs; in the face of that disharmony, we often change our beliefs to be congruent with our behaviors and self-perception. Cognitive dissonance is uncomfortable and leads people to seek resolution.

So, if we have demonstrated commitment to something or someone — the way the UFO cult members did — we become even more committed and will go so far as to change our ideas to remain consistent with that commitment and avoid any regret or sense of failure related to earlier choices. In other words, if we've paid a lot for a bunch of grapes, we will find them sweet — but if someone else gets them first, we will believe they were probably sour anyway.

Experimental studies and real-world observations have consistently supported this psychological theory. For example, when research participants were asked to perform an embarrassing task — reading explicit sexual descriptions aloud, including obscene words — in order to gain admission to what turned out to be a boring group, they claimed the group was much more stimulating than people who paid a lower price of admission. Fraternities and military organizations have used this tactic for centuries, of course; that's why hazing will probably never be eliminated, because it does actually enhance group commitment.

Similarly, studies have found that when people pay more for a bad wine or meal, they are more likely to report that it was tasty, compared with people who paid less for the exact same crappy dinner or drink. No one wants to be a sucker.

Festinger himself led another study that offers more insight into this phenomenon. He had students do incredibly dull tasks: repeatedly turning pegs or placing spools on a tray. After they were lulled into sufficient boredom, the students were asked to do the researchers "a favor." Some were offered $20 to do the favor, some were offered $1 and the rest nothing at all. The favor involved trying to convince another student (actually a researcher) that the task was not boring.

Later, another researcher asked the participants what they really thought of the task. Those who had been paid $20 or nothing said it was excruciatingly tedious. But those who were paid $1 mainly reported that it wasn't that bad. Why? People who had either been paid handsomely or not at all had no reason to rationalize their lies; they knew the task was boring, but they were either getting paid enough to say otherwise or they were doing the researchers a genuine favor.

But those who were paid only $1 were in a bind: either they had to see themselves as being bought off cheaply or convince themselves of what they were telling the other student — that the task was not boring. They tended to fool themselves into believing the lie.

This is why, when proselytizers are sent out to seek religious converts — an undertaking that has an extremely low rate of success — it still works to reinforce religion. Even if the believers convince no one else to join, the act of proselytizing strengthens their own faith.

Cognitive-dissonance research has since been replicated in numerous settings and variations. And it has a bunch of disturbing implications. One has to do with marketing — that people think products are better when they are priced higher; high cost not only makes bad food and wine taste better, but it even works with medicines, with studies finding that brand-name drugs have a stronger placebo effect. Another has to do with social influence: if we've paid a lot for something, we tend to try to convince others of its value — not because it's great, but because we don't want to look like fools. This is how people wind up pushing their friends and families to take expensive "life changing" seminars. What's more, the worse they are treated in these seminars, the more likely they are to try to convince others to join. A similar phenomenon happens when teens say that boot camps "saved their lives," even as research shows it doesn't reduce bad behavior.

Going back to the brand-name drug example, imagine the situation from a medical researcher's perspective. Let's say there's a doctor getting paid $1 million to promote a drug company's products; then, also consider the doctor who's getting only a few pens and free samples to promote the same drug. Based on Festinger's findings, it's possible that the undercompensated doctor — the one who technically would have no "conflict of interest" to report — may actually be more compromised than the one who's getting paid well to speak on behalf of the product.

Whether or not the world ends on Saturday, the effects of cognitive-dissonance theory are something to consider. Incidentally, Camping previously predicted that the world would end in 1994, so his die-hard followers have already been through this process once before.

Writer

PostWed May 25, 2011 4:01 am » by Beartammer

I still love you Jesus.......next xmas I promise to buy you a watch and calander and a weather station to ensure there is no mix up in the time of day.(even though the bible says I am not going to be able to guess your second comming.......)Maybe a big chunk of rock from space may be more belivable instead of a earthquake..........maybe.....

Master Conspirator

PostWed May 25, 2011 4:40 am » by Boondox681

The inhabitants who survive this terrible earthquake will exist in a world of horror and chaos beyond description

Detroit?
"I wish i was there when the horse was stole,but I reckon I'll see the tracks when I get there"
-Abraham Lincoln

Previous