OK, Time to get serious folks. Emergency food supply etc.

Conspirator

PostWed Mar 16, 2011 1:46 am » by Flecktarn

how dose it taste ,it look good ,just wondering about the flavours,,,
ImageImage

Conspirator

PostWed Mar 16, 2011 1:47 am » by Rydher

Something I recently added to my supplies. Evaporated milk in cans.

Conspirator

PostWed Mar 16, 2011 3:35 am » by Rydher

If you live on the west coast of the US, please just have a little something. At least a weeks worth of food and water. If you look at the ring of fire. First Chile, then New Zealand, now Japan. One glaring area is missing to complete that ring. Better safe than sorry.

Initiate

PostWed Mar 16, 2011 7:17 pm » by Oxygen

jeckk wrote:If you don't know how to grow stuff, now is a good time to stop by the local hardware store. Buy even just one pot, get some soil, get some seeds, and practice growing stuff. Learn how different water amounts, different soil types, different temperatures, different amounts of light, etc effect each plant differently. Being able to efficiently create food is something most people don't know how to do. Most people just think (water + soil = profit!). It's true that some plants don't even require soil and VERY little nutrients to produce calorie based foods. Take an hour from your busy schedule and learn this important skill while you still can. It may just be the most important lesson you ever learn.

Agreed.

Peace

Initiate

PostWed Mar 16, 2011 7:20 pm » by Oxygen

flecktarn wrote:how dose it taste ,it look good ,just wondering about the flavours,,,

Well I haven't received it yet. It was ordered yesterday. But it looks like normal dehydrated food. the reason it is so cheap is that it is not premixed, which is cool with me, i'll mix that shiz up myself lol... Thing is when you're starving..... i'm sure it would taste like the best thing you ever had lol.
Peace

Initiate

PostWed Mar 16, 2011 7:24 pm » by Oxygen

poe2you wrote:You are so right oxygen.

The really strange thing is, about 3 weeks ago, I had this gnawing feeling and a voice in my head telling me to prepare. :nails:

I wasn't in to all of it before, but something kept at me.

My wife thinks the timing is uncanny too, but I just couldn't help but feel the need to do something. Not sure why, but something was driving me, before the world started to unfold.

*Food, medical supplies, seeds, weapons, water purification, power, bug out boxes, some rural farm acreage, all a go.

I highly suggest to people to seriously evaluate their situations, now.

Well in my opinion, as humans... we do not naturally rely on other people to feed our family. We obviously do because that is how it's set up but I do not think that how it should be. There is at least 20 process's or more that go into you getting a can of soup from the store. if any one of the process's fail you are screwed. Prepare!

Peace

Super Moderator

PostWed Mar 16, 2011 7:26 pm » by The57ironman

a bump for this info.... :flop:

fantastic post..... :clapper: :clapper: :clapper:

.....preppers rule...... :clapper: :clapper: :clapper:

ev'rybody.....learn with love....it won't hurt....i promise :pray:

:hugging: :hugging: :hugging: :hugging: :hugging: :hugging: :hugging:
...you know it's autumn in New England
....when you have to run your air conditioning and heat...
in the same day..

Initiate

PostWed Mar 16, 2011 7:34 pm » by Seemychess

in this day and age it is good to prep and be ready. the boy scout motto is 'be prepared' you will be happy that you did.

Conspirator

PostThu Mar 17, 2011 12:11 am » by Flecktarn

oxygen wrote:
flecktarn wrote:how dose it taste ,it look good ,just wondering about the flavours,,,

Well I haven't received it yet. It was ordered yesterday. But it looks like normal dehydrated food. the reason it is so cheap is that it is not premixed, which is cool with me, i'll mix that shiz up myself lol... Thing is when you're starving..... i'm sure it would taste like the best thing you ever had lol.
Peace

just wondered as most dehydrated food i have had i have quite liked ,it a matter of taste i guess and like you said if your hungry it alot better than nothing ,,,in the uk a company called bcb do some tasty dehydrated meals ,but some of the deserts are not so good ,even the dog wont touch them ,, :cheers:
pity they dont ship outside the u s
ImageImage

Initiate

PostThu Mar 17, 2011 1:01 am » by Oxygen

the57ironman wrote:a bump for this info.... :flop:

fantastic post..... :clapper: :clapper: :clapper:

.....preppers rule...... :clapper: :clapper: :clapper:

ev'rybody.....learn with love....it won't hurt....i promise :pray:

Agreed Iron... :cheers:

Peace