OK, Time to get serious folks. Emergency food supply etc.

Initiate

PostThu Mar 17, 2011 9:35 pm » by Oxygen

samuelthemule wrote:know any similar deal that ship to / in europe?

I'll look.

Peace

Conspirator
Location: 'Happiness is the angle at which the wise are gathered'

PostThu Mar 17, 2011 9:48 pm » by SamueltheLion

oxygen wrote:
samuelthemule wrote:know any similar deal that ship to / in europe?

I'll look.

Peace

thanks a lot :)
Your faith will make you whole

Initiate

PostFri Mar 18, 2011 4:20 am » by Oxygen

Heres one, I have no idea about them, pricing seems decent...

http://emergencyfoodstorage.co.uk/

Peace

Initiate

PostFri Mar 18, 2011 6:16 am » by Nyarelathodep

oxygen wrote:
nyarelathodep wrote:A good option if you can find one in your area is taking advantage of the warehouses of food staples maintained by the Mormons (LDS) whom sell their stores at very low prices as part of what they concieve to be their biblical obligations to their fellow man. As an example, you can purchase a 25lb bag of hard red winter wheat at around 7 dollars US....thats very cheap, and it will store indefinately under the right conditions (cool and dry). You can do alot with a 25lb bag of wheat. They also maintain stores of various varieties of dried beans, rice, evaporated milk, etc. Having a hand powered quality grain mill is essential as well.

This is the current listing of product and pricing:
http://providentliving.org/content/disp ... -1,00.html

Heres a listing of their facility locations:
http://www.providentliving.org/location ... -4,00.html

These prices are dirt cheap, and well worth looking into if you are serious about accruing a long term and sensible supply. Please note I am not a Mormon, not affiliated with this organization in anyway, nor were any Mormons harmed in the making of this post. I just like their wheat.

Agreed, ty ty.
Peace

So I actually paid my first visit to one of these centers today and walked out with 100 lbs of dried black beans, 200 lbs of hard red wheat, and 50 lbs of oats, all for $130.00. The people there were extremely nice, very helpful and courteous. You can also purchase everything you need to seal and protect your food right there on premesis for absurdly cheap prices...everything from sealable pouches and #10 cans to oxygen/moisture packets, and they do it all for you at no charge as it is completely volounteer based system. All you do is walk in and fill out a simple order form slip and hand it to them, pay for it and your stuffs set to go within a 1/2 hour. Cant recommend this enough for anyone within reasonable distance from one. Properly stored, this type of food will last 30 years or so.
For challenges to come, we stand against the tide...under the banner of the brave. Mission Aetheria...the future belongs to the brave.

Initiate

PostFri Mar 18, 2011 6:27 am » by Oxygen

nyarelathodep wrote:
oxygen wrote:
nyarelathodep wrote:A good option if you can find one in your area is taking advantage of the warehouses of food staples maintained by the Mormons (LDS) whom sell their stores at very low prices as part of what they concieve to be their biblical obligations to their fellow man. As an example, you can purchase a 25lb bag of hard red winter wheat at around 7 dollars US....thats very cheap, and it will store indefinately under the right conditions (cool and dry). You can do alot with a 25lb bag of wheat. They also maintain stores of various varieties of dried beans, rice, evaporated milk, etc. Having a hand powered quality grain mill is essential as well.

This is the current listing of product and pricing:
http://providentliving.org/content/disp ... -1,00.html

Heres a listing of their facility locations:
http://www.providentliving.org/location ... -4,00.html

These prices are dirt cheap, and well worth looking into if you are serious about accruing a long term and sensible supply. Please note I am not a Mormon, not affiliated with this organization in anyway, nor were any Mormons harmed in the making of this post. I just like their wheat.

Agreed, ty ty.
Peace

So I actually paid my first visit to one of these centers today and walked out with 100 lbs of dried black beans, 200 lbs of hard red wheat, and 50 lbs of oats, all for $130.00. The people there were extremely nice, very helpful and courteous. You can also purchase everything you need to seal and protect your food right there on premesis for absurdly cheap prices...everything from sealable pouches and #10 cans to oxygen/moisture packets, and they do it all for you at no charge as it is completely volounteer based system. All you do is walk in and fill out a simple order form slip and hand it to them, pay for it and your stuffs set to go within a 1/2 hour. Cant recommend this enough for anyone within reasonable distance from one. Properly stored, this type of food will last 30 years or so.

Very cool to know. Thanks for the update!

Peace

Previous