OK, Time to get serious folks. Emergency food supply etc.

Initiate

PostTue Mar 15, 2011 8:58 pm » by Oxygen

I ordered 4500+ meals for only $950 US included shipping today. Cheapest I found by far.

http://www.patriotfood.com/Mountain_Man_Dehyd.html

For water filtration I am getting the Berkey.

http://www.berkeywater.com/start.main.html

I have collected other items needed as well, but this is a huge start if you have a family.

Peace

Initiate

PostTue Mar 15, 2011 9:05 pm » by Oxygen

Definition of a prepper:

Prepper (noun): An individual or group that prepares or makes preparations in advance of, or prior to, any change in normal circumstances or lifestyle without significant reliance on other persons (i.e., being self-reliant), or without substantial assistance from outside resources (govt., etc.) in order to minimize the effects of that change on their current lifestyle.

look up your state here------> http://www.prepper.org/

Peace

Conspirator

PostTue Mar 15, 2011 9:27 pm » by Truthdefender

Thanks bro! My girl and I have started some prepping, but I hadn't researched large quantity purchase yet. Appreciate the links. :cheers:

Upload to Disclose.tv

In Christ are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge

Initiate

PostTue Mar 15, 2011 10:33 pm » by Oxygen

truthdefender wrote:Thanks bro! My girl and I have started some prepping, but I hadn't researched large quantity purchase yet. Appreciate the links. :cheers:

No worries... anything else you might want to know hit me up.

Peace

Initiate

PostTue Mar 15, 2011 10:35 pm » by Oxygen

BTW we do not eat red meat so they let us swap out the beef base with the chicken base which in turn gave us 500 more meals! FYI

Peace

Conspirator

PostWed Mar 16, 2011 12:29 am » by Truthdefender

oxygen wrote:BTW we do not eat red meat so they let us swap out the beef base with the chicken base which in turn gave us 500 more meals! FYI

Peace

Due to there serving sizes, or the quantity it comes with? Sorry guess I'll have to go back and look again. I love red meat, however my girl's on your side.

Upload to Disclose.tv

Conspirator

PostWed Mar 16, 2011 12:32 am » by Truthdefender

Wow! The difference is huge. Guess given up the beef is good for you even at the end of the world, lol!

Upload to Disclose.tv

Initiate

PostWed Mar 16, 2011 12:34 am » by Jeckk

If you don't know how to grow stuff, now is a good time to stop by the local hardware store. Buy even just one pot, get some soil, get some seeds, and practice growing stuff. Learn how different water amounts, different soil types, different temperatures, different amounts of light, etc effect each plant differently. Being able to efficiently create food is something most people don't know how to do. Most people just think (water + soil = profit!). It's true that some plants don't even require soil and VERY little nutrients to produce calorie based foods. Take an hour from your busy schedule and learn this important skill while you still can. It may just be the most important lesson you ever learn.

Initiate

PostWed Mar 16, 2011 1:27 am » by Poe2you

You are so right oxygen.

The really strange thing is, about 3 weeks ago, I had this gnawing feeling and a voice in my head telling me to prepare. :nails:

I wasn't in to all of it before, but something kept at me.

My wife thinks the timing is uncanny too, but I just couldn't help but feel the need to do something. Not sure why, but something was driving me, before the world started to unfold.

*Food, medical supplies, seeds, weapons, water purification, power, bug out boxes, some rural farm acreage, all a go.

I highly suggest to people to seriously evaluate their situations, now.
*Think*

Conspirator

PostWed Mar 16, 2011 1:39 am » by Aardvaaks

Don't forget to learn your foraging skills to supplement all the processed food you have, your outdoors has many gems to find and supply fresh carbohydrates and essential vitamins all year.

Upload to Disclose.tv

' I'm leaving because the weather is too good. I hate London when it's not raining'.
Groucho Marx

Next