Oldest Image of Jesus Found in Egyptian Tomb

Conspirator

PostThu May 01, 2014 12:49 am » by Fatdogmendoza

A team of Spanish archaeologists have discovered an image of what they assume is the earliest known depiction of Jesus Christ.

The image is painted on to the wall of an underground stone structure located in the ancient Egyptian city of Oxyrhynchus, about 160km south of Cairo.

Experts believe the stone structure, dating to the sixth century, served as the crypt of a writer and priests.

The figure features a man in a short tunic, having curly hairs and with his hand raised in what appears to be a gesture to give blessings.

"We could be dealing with a very early image of Jesus Christ," Dr Padró of the University of Barcelona, told La Vanguardia newspaper.

The image has been protected for centuries by a thin coat of paint.

The tomb's walls also bear inscriptions which researchers are trying to decipher to identify the mystery man in the figure.

Several other figures representing plants and animals are also painted inside the structure where archaeologists also found the tomb of a writer.

"Another exceptional find of the expedition is the tomb of a scriber who was buried together with his working tools: a metallic inkpot which is still full of ink and two new pens for the deceased to write during the eternal life," Padró said in a statement.

He added: "The archaeological site of Oxyrhynchus is known for the thousands of papyri found there, but any scribe was found to date [sic]."

He said that the remains of the buried man inside the tomb belonged to a teenager.

"There are no inscriptions or markings to identify the tombs, but archaeological remains enabled to conclude that it was a person aged around seventeen years buried during the Coptic Roman period."

Super Moderator

PostThu May 01, 2014 2:34 am » by Slith

A tunic and what appears to be leggings/socks? Did he wear those? Interesting find.

I'd like to hear more on this

Beating the shit out of the spammers......one click at a time

Initiate

PostThu May 01, 2014 3:41 am » by DmoniX_The_Destroyer

Slith wrote:A tunic and what appears to be leggings/socks? Did he wear those? Interesting find.

I'd like to hear more on this

I agree, the depiction of this person seems to have that person wearing clothing that is from a much later date. The art work to me looks about the same stylings as the remaining and frustrating Christian graffiti, the Christians painted over many ancient Egyptian art and history, which I saw when I was in Egypt
Oh I know I'm goin to Hell, I'm just working on how deep.

PostFri May 02, 2014 1:44 am » by Chipmunk5

I don't really understand the point of this.
What's the point?

How old is the actual image?

Here's an older portrayal of Jesus from only 300/400 years after anybody may have seen him:

Super Moderator

PostFri May 02, 2014 3:17 am » by Slith

Chipmunk5 wrote:I don't really understand the point of this.
What's the point?

Here's an older portrayal of Jesus from only 300/400 years after anybody may have seen him:

If this is an image of Jesus. It's unique. The age thing, I'm not sure about, but the depictation of him wearing a tunic, etc. is very nouvelle

Beating the shit out of the spammers......one click at a time

Conspirator

PostFri May 02, 2014 11:18 am » by Fatdogmendoza

Slith wrote:
Chipmunk5 wrote:I don't really understand the point of this.
What's the point?

If this is an image of Jesus. It's unique. The age thing, I'm not sure about, but the depictation of him wearing a tunic, etc. is very nouvelle

Here is another reason to back Sliths observations

All four Gospel writers mentioned the four soldiers that were given the responsibility of crucifying Jesus and then divided up His belongings among themselves (Matthew 27:35, 36; Mark 15:24; Luke 23:34; John 19:23, 24).

John goes into this event with more detail than the other gospels. John 19:23-24 “Then the soldiers, when they had crucified Jesus, took His garments and made four parts, to each soldier a part, and also the tunic/kethōneth . Now the tunic was without seam, woven from the top in one piece. They said therefore among themselves, "Let us not tear it, but cast lots for it, whose it shall be," that the Scripture might be fulfilled which says: "They divided My garments among them, and for My clothing they cast lots."

The reason this piece of clothing has become controversial is because of what the word faith teachers say about it. The fact that Jesus did not live in opulence and went out of his way to identify with the poor, and had nothing extraordinary however he is said to have worn a rich piece of clothing...

The kethōneth appears in Assyrian art as a tight-fitting undergarment, sometimes reaching only to the knee

Super Moderator

PostFri May 02, 2014 2:29 pm » by DarkHeart

Its the lack of beard that struck me, I wonder when that started as a convention ?

Or maybe the earlier depictions have him shaved so that he looks like a Roman for propaganda reasons ?

Initiate

PostFri May 02, 2014 3:21 pm » by iamanalien

lol this is a joke right , jesus didn't even exist and if he did he was only a man , lets face it son of god I think god would have saved him don't you , I think god would have struck us all down and started again .

only exists in the minds of the weak.

Conspirator

PostFri May 02, 2014 3:44 pm » by Fatdogmendoza

iamanalien wrote:lol this is a joke right , jesus didn't even exist and if he did he was only a man , lets face it son of god I think god would have saved him don't you , I think god would have struck us all down and started again .

How old are you Bro?

We are not discussing the son of God we are discussing a man who probably existed and who may have been a revolutionary.. :bang;

iamanalien wrote: jesus didn't even exist and if he did

A bit of a paradoxical statement?

Initiate

PostFri May 02, 2014 4:30 pm » by TorJohnson

iamanalien wrote:lol this is a joke right , jesus didn't even exist and if he did he was only a man , lets face it son of god I think god would have saved him don't you , I think god would have struck us all down and started again .

That's adorable.

You actually think you with your current emotional and intellectual state can alter reality, history and documented facts. Just because you don't like Jesus (that peace-loving pacifist teacher, I can see why people hate him nowadays) doesn't mean you can will away history. It's like when a child covers his or hers eyes and think they've become invisible.

Not believing Jesus was divine is one thing, but I honestly don't understand why ignorants insist the man never existed at all when there are more extra-Biblical sources to his existence than the Roman emperor of the time. If Jesus didn't exist than neither did basically anyone else in ancient history.

"Weak-minded," how about educating yourself before coming in here with Youtube-level commentary.
The Lost Book of Enki as narrated and commentated by Josh Reeves:
http://www.disclose.tv/forum/the-lost-book-of-enki-annunaki-and-the-origins-of-man-t94767.html

Upload to Disclose.tv

Next