Oliver Stone explains ‘the untold history of America’

Super Moderator

PostMon Nov 19, 2012 5:15 pm » by domdabears

I just looked. Episode 2 is on tonight at 8-7ct if you have Showtime.

Conspirator

PostTue Nov 20, 2012 1:33 am » by Noentry

OLIVER STONE wrote:: It’s a huge story. So that’s—it’s where we begin. But we deal with the three empires, Britain and the U.S. and the rivalry between the U.S. and Britain. And a lot of school kids don’t know that the British Empire is a dominant empire and has so many resources around the world. And Churchill is fighting, among other things, for the retention of the colonies and, all through the Middle East, the oil supplies, Greece, very important, North Africa, Egypt, Suez, India, Singapore. And that’s what he’s trying to get back. And he never—he never starts the Second Front for about two years. It’s been promised in '42 to Stalin. Stalin is, meanwhile, rolling the Germans back and winning the war, as the British and the Americans are "periphery pecking" in retaining the British colonies for Britain. So, interesting story, the British, for example, go into Athens in 1944, after they've liberated it, so to speak, but they end up fighting in street battles with the communist resistance fighters who fought very heroically against the Nazis. We put in a—we put in a Nazi—a Greek who was working with the Nazis. Right away, we put him into the premiership. It’s a dirty story, dirty story.

OLIVER STONE wrote:We recently discussed Wallace and the bomb in 1997, when he was teaching at American University and I was there in one of his classes. And we talked about making a documentary of about an hour, hour and a half. He’s an expert on the atomic—on weaponry, and especially the atomic bomb. He founded the Department of Nuclear Studies in American—and Wallace is—Henry Wallace, as he can explain to you, is a key to the link: Would we have dropped the bomb? That’s the origin myths of this. Every school kid—still, my daughter in her school, in private school, in good school, is still learning this: We dropped the bomb because we had to, because the Japanese resistance was fanatic, and we would have lost many American lives taking Japan. This is one—there’s no alternative to that story. And we are beginning the process in chapter one, two and three of saying the bomb did not have to be dropped for strategic reasons and also because it was morally reprehensible. But strategically, it made no sense.

OLIVER STONE wrote: The human beings is one—people will hate us more for doing this, and we’re invading the sovereignty of Pakistan and Yemen and so many countries. I mean, the United States is acting with impunity. But the bigger issue is simply that there has been never—in the history of empires, and they’ve all fallen, no one has a monopoly on any weapon ever, and whether it’s the atomic bomb—was copied—or the hydrogen bomb. Or, in this case, Predator drones will be made by other people, and they will be coming this way or to our—we have 800 bases around the world under this empire that we’ve created. So, we’re very vulnerable. In most of them, we’ve created hatred and a desire for revenge.

http://www.alternet.org/investigations/ ... paging=off

He is a clever and informed man.
"The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority.
The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority.
The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking."
A. A. Milne

Super Moderator

PostTue Nov 20, 2012 5:10 pm » by domdabears

I got the 2nd episode recorded on the DVR. I'm gonna watch it now.

Super Moderator

PostTue Nov 20, 2012 6:40 pm » by domdabears

This site is fucked up. I had a long post, but when I hit submit, it all fucked up. Lukas needs to fix some shit.

Anyways. I just watched the second episode.

It talks about how Truman fucks over Wallace for the VP spot, and when FDR dies, Truman acts like a pussy wishing he wasn't president.
Truman puts all the fat cats in charge. All the people who make money from WW2.

Then talks about how Britain exploits its own colonies in Africa and Asia, and takes it's money. Leaving their citizens in poverty.

Then talks aobut when Russia invades Germany and rapes over 2 million German women. Literally. The Russians were told to stop their ways and they did.

Next episode is about "The Bomb".

Conspirator

PostThu Nov 22, 2012 3:13 am » by Noentry

domdabears wrote:This site is fucked up. I had a long post, but when I hit submit, it all fucked up. Lukas needs to fix some shit.

Anyways. I just watched the second episode.

It talks about how Truman fucks over Wallace for the VP spot, and when FDR dies, Truman acts like a pussy wishing he wasn't president.
Truman puts all the fat cats in charge. All the people who make money from WW2.

Then talks about how Britain exploits its own colonies in Africa and Asia, and takes it's money. Leaving their citizens in poverty.

Then talks aobut when Russia invades Germany and rapes over 2 million German women. Literally. The Russians were told to stop their ways and they did.

Next episode is about "The Bomb".

sounds cool. Looking forward to watching it.
As soon as it is available I will put it up.
A. A. Milne

Conspirator

PostWed Nov 28, 2012 6:35 pm » by Noentry

A question has started popping up online.

Where is ep02 of the untold history of the United States?
It is nowhere to be found, there is no torrent for it and no streaming.
People are staring to ask where is it?
Why is it not yet available?

Why?

This is most unusual for a main stream program not to be unavailable anywhere except if Domdabears can find a way to take it of his tv box and onto DTV.
A. A. Milne

Super Moderator

PostWed Nov 28, 2012 6:39 pm » by domdabears

Noentry wrote:A question has started popping up online.

Why?

This is most unusual for a main stream program not to be unavailable anywhere except if Domdabears can find a way to take it of his tv box and onto DTV.

Episode 3 was on Monday night. Forgot to watch it. I'll watch it tonight.

Conspirator

PostWed Nov 28, 2012 6:43 pm » by Noentry

domdabears wrote:
Noentry wrote:A question has started popping up online.

Why?

Episode 3 was on Monday night. Forgot to watch it. I'll watch it tonight.

Do the magic Dom.
Get it for us.
I mean it is nowhere.
Not one single place online.
I even went to showtime website and it told me Americans only :yell: .
A. A. Milne

Super Moderator

PostWed Nov 28, 2012 6:51 pm » by domdabears

I don't know how to do stuff like that haha

Conspirator

PostWed Nov 28, 2012 6:56 pm » by Noentry

domdabears wrote:I don't know how to do stuff like that haha

Thats it
A. A. Milne

PreviousNext