one in seven americans now in poverty?

Conspirator

PostSat Sep 18, 2010 2:44 pm » by Aragajag

hackjames wrote:
aragajag wrote:Someone was telling me today that spelling is being taken out of schooling in Aust. because we have spell checkers these days. Sounds like a piss take but I can believe it. I have spent a few cold hungry lonely nights wondering where the explicative god was.

My guess on the current location of God is in our collective minds, where he/she/it has always resided. Being agnostic I'll stress that I could be wrong, but to quote a bit of "eastern" thought- "The true name cannot be named." -as in, if there is a God of some type we're almost by definition not going to understand or be able to verify the fact. It's kind of a silly word, when you get right down to it.

On the other hand, we have well defined, objective standards for spelling. Thought spell-check does take a bit of the challenge/concern from the activity, it'd probably be a good idea to teach a bit of it anyway...just to be safe. ;]

If there is a creator then from what I see that we have learned so far is that this being will always be so far from knowing, that is also half the wonder of life the continual curve of learning. Agnostic but not quiet sure.
'Gee, I wish we had one of them Doomsday Machines, Stainsey..' General "Buck" Turgidson

Conspirator

PostSat Sep 18, 2010 2:49 pm » by Hackjames

aragajag wrote:
hackjames wrote:
aragajag wrote:Someone was telling me today that spelling is being taken out of schooling in Aust. because we have spell checkers these days. Sounds like a piss take but I can believe it. I have spent a few cold hungry lonely nights wondering where the explicative god was.

My guess on the current location of God is in our collective minds, where he/she/it has always resided. Being agnostic I'll stress that I could be wrong, but to quote a bit of "eastern" thought- "The true name cannot be named." -as in, if there is a God of some type we're almost by definition not going to understand or be able to verify the fact. It's kind of a silly word, when you get right down to it.

On the other hand, we have well defined, objective standards for spelling. Thought spell-check does take a bit of the challenge/concern from the activity, it'd probably be a good idea to teach a bit of it anyway...just to be safe. ;]

If there is a creator then from what I see that we have learned so far is that this being will always be so far from knowing, that is also half the wonder of life the continual curve of learning. Agnostic but not quiet sure.

Well said.
This is your world. You're the creator.
-Bob Motherfucking Ross

Previous