One More Reason to Dislike Bono

Conspirator

PostTue Feb 15, 2011 2:56 am » by Harbin

Bono defends ANC song about murdering white people.

Rock singer Bono has said that the ANC anthem “Kill the Boer,” which has been banned as hate speech in South Africa, is ok to sing – under the right circumstances.

“I was a kid and I’d sing songs I remember my uncles singing… rebel songs about the early days of the Irish Republican Army,” the U2 frontman told South Africa’s Sunday Times.

“We sang this and it’s fair to say it’s folk music… as this was the struggle of some people that sang it over some time,” he said, after singing an old Irish song whose lyrics spoke of carrying guns and readying them for action.

Bono compared the ANC’s “kill the Boer,” to Irish pub songs about the IRA. Of course none of these pub songs advocate genocide, and they are never sung at political rallies. In fact, these pub songs don’t even advocate contemporary violence, they romanticize past violent events.

Kill the Boer, is a song advocating genocide against white people that is sung at current political rallies held by the ANC. Not only that, but ANC supporters are in fact carrying out a campaign of mass violence against white people in South Africa right now.

compare this:

Upload to Disclose.tv

To this:

Upload to Disclose.tv

Antiwar.com

Super Moderator

PostTue Feb 15, 2011 3:03 am » by Slith

I'm a huge U2 fan. Bono has always been an attention whore, yet at the end of the day, I think he speaks from his heart

marnysad wrote:How to Pee a Brain Injury Rectification Involve Brain hurt

Initiate

PostTue Feb 15, 2011 3:34 am » by Rkobilan

I used to like them until I read that the charity he founded took in 1.8 million the first year. The only problem the charity gifted out $180,000. Apparently, the remainder went out in the form of administrative costs. So, no more of my cash goes to him or the band.

Initiate

PostTue Feb 15, 2011 3:39 am » by Lombozo

I wonder if he'd be okay with me writing a new rap song called kill the nyggerz, I can base it off an old nursery ryme.

It seems as though as long as it's (fill in the blank)____________ against white's it's acceptable.

Hate is fucking hate! Bono is a fucking wanker.
Warning: I post solely for my own amusement.

Initiate

PostTue Feb 15, 2011 3:43 am » by Tntbw

Bono's people (Irish) were also murdered by white people (British) while protesting for their civil rights. It's pretty clear to me why he said what he did. The song "Kill the Boer" is in remembrance of the struggle against Apartheid in South Africa.

Upload to Disclose.tv

Super Moderator

PostTue Feb 15, 2011 3:48 am » by Slith

His roots, and he sticks to his roots, on a world scene started here. He may have strayed a bit, but his core remains the same. Check him at his best, the Superbowl too. He's a performer, top shelf, best today IMO

[youtube]2zIW8qDPhos&feature=fvst[/youtube]

marnysad wrote:How to Pee a Brain Injury Rectification Involve Brain hurt

Initiate

PostTue Feb 15, 2011 3:49 am » by Lombozo

tntbw wrote:Bono's people (Irish) were also murdered by white people (British) while protesting for their civil rights. It's pretty clear to me why he said what he did. The song "Kill the Boer" is in remembrance of the struggle against Apartheid in South Africa.

Upload to Disclose.tv

Ooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!! It's just a bunch of black people hating on white people because white people used to hate on black people. That makes sense now...

...Not!
Warning: I post solely for my own amusement.

Initiate

PostTue Feb 15, 2011 4:06 am » by Tntbw

lombozo wrote:
tntbw wrote:Bono's people (Irish) were also murdered by white people (British) while protesting for their civil rights. It's pretty clear to me why he said what he did. The song "Kill the Boer" is in remembrance of the struggle against Apartheid in South Africa.

Upload to Disclose.tv

Ooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!! It's just a bunch of black people hating on white people because white people used to hate on black people. That makes sense now...

...Not!

You reap what you sow, that's all. You should know the source for that saying.
“As I have observed, those who plow evil and those who sow trouble reap it.” Psalm 126:5

Conspirator

PostTue Feb 15, 2011 5:49 am » by Roadkill

Kill Whitey.
Science will fly you into the Cosmos

Upload to Disclose.tv

Religion will fly you into Buildings

Conspirator

PostTue Feb 15, 2011 11:53 am » by Harbin

dlslith wrote:I'm a huge U2 fan. Bono has always been an attention whore, yet at the end of the day, I think he speaks from his heart

You need to get off Bono's dick.
Antiwar.com

Next