Organic food is no healthier, study finds

Master Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 13293
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:27 pm

PostThu Jul 30, 2009 10:19 am » by Drjones


LowSix wrote:
theduck wrote:Can you answer my question please Low..


Yes in a technical sense when selective breeding is utilized, traits associated with genes are either bred in or out..therefore GMO.

But in deference to my hippy adversaries here, (mostly bc its easier not have to argue the fuckin point) i (now) refer to GMO as those who genes have undergone laboratory improvements..

Positive GMO techniques have yeildd fungus reistant squashes and wheats, higher production lower water rice, pest resistant corn (less pesticides)..

There are other improvments slated in large scale projects which are still beng defined under ethical guidelines to insure food safety, despite adversary insistence that thesefoods can NEVER be safe..they are quantifying guidelines for Protein addition, allergen modification, and other issues which would effect human systemic health.

This appears to be the new standard labeling policies of the major food consortiums as well, although they do recognize that Selectivisation is also a GMO technique..


GMo corn sold to africa (which was NEVER slated for human consumption) Has caused problems..but it was recognized from the beginning about these protein allergens, and the programs were stopped, but not after having been sold by ruthless food brokers to third world countries..
This was out of the domain of control by the originators themselves..


Moron alert,moron alert.Jesus look at the ridiculous certainty of this persons posts.He'she/it knows it all,they know how all the big GMO corporations function and the why of it all.Jesus. :help:
Lowsix you truly are a sad and lost individual with NO spiritual insight whatsoever.Probably because of the food you eat.Cheery bye now,oh and baa...baa....baaa.. :oops: :D
Image

Master Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 13293
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:27 pm

PostThu Jul 30, 2009 10:34 am » by Drjones


I think that to be actually debating an issue such as organic farming versus non organic farming methods,well where's the debate? :headscratch: :help: ..If you are a properly functioning human being realising that you yourself are part of the environment not seperate from it you truly would know what the real difference is.I did'nt see anyone responding to the ACTUAL STUDY I WITNESSED around 5 years ago at Glasgow university when i was studying for my nutritional diploma by the way,quite important don't you think? :oops: ....you know where the organic fruit and veg was far superior in nutrient content?..Was that not important to anyone?..
you think i am lying?...sad...and amusing!
Anyway,this is the end of the organic "debate",i'll go as far,just for "certain people" to say,OK organic food does not have any more nutritional value,ok,happy..(Although this is ont true in any way shape or form from my experience).... :ohno: SO,you'd rather eat food that is saturated with over two dozen different toxic chemicals?...You'd rather not support organic farming that actively works WITH THE ENVIRONMENT supporting the local eco systems and thus has a HUGE knock on effect to things like water and air quality?....You'd rather NOT support the organic farmers because they actually care for the animals they rear?...


This is BAD?..this is wrong,we need gmo's then?...NO people,gmo's are not for health,they are for CONTROL,do not have any illusions. :oops:

I'll say again,for me THIS REASON ALONE is enough to make me want to eat organic food forever:FACT
Organic farming is associated with the non-use of artificial chemical pesticides, herbicides and fertilisers, helping to keep toxins out of air, water and soil. :banana:

the end :D ....arguments against organic farming welcome,if i want to feel sad i'll be sure to pop by,read the replies from lowsix and cringe..
Image

Master Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 13293
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:27 pm

PostThu Jul 30, 2009 10:47 am » by Drjones


hesop wrote:I think the cost comparison listed in the report is misleading. The reason being that most all GM food is grown in large scale, while much of the organic is done on a much smaller scale. Like here we have a farmers market. These folks that belong to the association, and bring their veggies here, spend a good part of every day in their gardens. Everything is done by hand pretty much. So there is a lot more manual labor involved, for the amount of food provided. As buyers, we recognize this, and are willing to pay them more for this locally, to ensure they continue to provide it for us as an alternative. Plus they're friends and neighbors.

I've got another good food question, but I think it deserves it's own thread, so I'll start a new one.


:flop:
Image

Master Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 13293
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:27 pm

PostThu Jul 30, 2009 10:58 am » by Drjones


LowSix wrote:
theduck wrote:Can you answer my question please Low..


Yes in a technical sense when selective breeding is utilized, traits associated with genes are either bred in or out..therefore GMO.

But in deference to my hippy adversaries here, (mostly bc its easier not have to argue the fuckin point) i (now) refer to GMO as those who genes have undergone laboratory improvements..

Positive GMO techniques have yeildd fungus reistant squashes and wheats, higher production lower water rice, pest resistant corn (less pesticides)..

There are other improvments slated in large scale projects which are still beng defined under ethical guidelines to insure food safety, despite adversary insistence that thesefoods can NEVER be safe..they are quantifying guidelines for Protein addition, allergen modification, and other issues which would effect human systemic health.

This appears to be the new standard labeling policies of the major food consortiums as well, although they do recognize that Selectivisation is also a GMO technique..


GMo corn sold to africa (which was NEVER slated for human consumption) Has caused problems..but it was recognized from the beginning about these protein allergens, and the programs were stopped, but not after having been sold by ruthless food brokers to third world countries..
This was out of the domain of control by the originators themselves..


Here's just some of the "positive" gmo techniques that lowsix is on about,i'll start with monsanto BT cotton :oops: :hmmm: :lol:

Monsanto seeds are spreading disaster. Recently, Monsanto hybrid maize seeds failed in more than 350,000 acres in about 11 districts of north Bihar. Farmers of these districts are in deep distress because Monsanto sold its 700 metric tons of "Cargill hybrid 900M" maize seeds in the flood- prone areas of north Bihar. Similarly, the water- intensive hybrid maize seeds were introduced in the drought-prone regions of Rajasthan, which has put an extra burden of chemical inputs and water on the Rajasthani farmers. Monsanto India Ltd., a subsidiary of the US multinational, has been barred from selling seeds in Bihar for allegedly marketing substandard products.

Bt cotton failed in India

We had to spray chemicals 4-5 times on Bt cotton. The crops were attacked by various pests, specially the American Bollworm. The Bt cotton yield was lower than that of the local varieties, which are more profitable."

Moreover, the Bt cotton seeds are costlier. Farmers who sowed Bt cotton got a yield of 250 kg per hectare while the local variety yielded almost twice that. The Bt cotton, however, requires less spraying than the local variety. "The local variety yields bigger cotton bales, which are preferred by traders. And it fetches more money for us. Marketing Bt cotton is difficult due to apprehensions regarding it," said Mr. Nidhan Singh, a farmer.

...yields have been as low as 20 kgs in one acre.

Bt cotton does not give higher yields
Bt cotton does not increase farmers' income

The Indian experience with Bt cotton shows that it neither gives higher yields nor does it increase farmers' incomes.

with Bt cotton, there are associated adverse impacts on parasitic natural enemies of cotton bollworm.

Onto kernels now....
South African GMO Crop Failure April 03, 2009
Farmers in South Africa have suffered millions of dollars in lost income due to the failure of their genetically modified (GMO) corn to produce kernels. The three varieties of plants look lush and healthy from the outside, but when the husks were pulled back there are no kernels. Monsanto's GMO corn was planted on 82,000 hectares of farmland, an amount that equals over 202,000 acres. The loss is spread over three South African provinces, and 280 of the 1,000 farmers who planted the corn have reported the lack of kernel development.

Read the full article ot see why GMO's truly exist http://www.naturalnews.com/025992.html

Guys,just google,gmo failures,then click on the third link down,it should read
Genetically Modified Foods: Toxins and Reproductive Failures (It's a report)
From that report-
They recommended testing every GM food “before it enters the marketplace.” But the FDA was under orders from the first Bush White House to promote the biotechnology industry, and the political appointee in charge of agency policy was Monsanto’s former attorney—later their vice president. The FDA policy ignored the scientists’ warnings and allowed GM food crops onto the market without any required safety studies.

But hey this is about our HEALTH all this gmo BUSINESS... :oops:

Also,
GM diet shows toxic reactions in digestive tract.

Mice were fed potatoes with an added bacterial gene, which produced an insecticide called Bt-toxin. Scientists analyzed the lower part of their small intestines (ileum) and found abnormal and damaged cells, as well as proliferative cell growth.[8] Rats fed potatoes engineered to produce a different type of insecticide (GNA lectin from the snowdrop plant) also showed proliferative cell growth in both the stomach and intestinal walls. :scary:
Although the guts of rats fed GM peas were not examined for cell growth, the intestines were mysteriously heavier; possibly resulting from such growth.Cell proliferation can be a precursor to cancer and is of special concern. :oops:

GM diets cause liver damage
• Rats fed the GNA lectin potatoes described above had smaller and partially atrophied livers.[11]
• Rats fed Monsanto’s Mon 863 corn, engineered to produce Bt-toxin, had liver lesions and other indications of toxicity.[12]
• Rabbits fed GM soy showed altered enzyme production in their livers as well as higher metabolic activity.[13]
• The livers of rats fed Roundup Ready canola were 12%–16% heavier, possibly due to liver disease or inflammation

-Many of these changes reversed after the mice diet was switched to non-GM soy, indicating that GM soy was the culprit


READ THE REPORT... :rtft: :cheers:
Last edited by Drjones on Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image

Writer
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed May 13, 2009 2:49 am

PostThu Jul 30, 2009 11:08 am » by Texas6431


organic food might not have health benefits (but i guess extra vitamins doesnt help us at all) but it does have higher nutritional content.....yea jones i dont know y they cant get that ??? maybe u can help me? Anyway not why i posted...I posted Cuz if we established Organic has more nutritional content then the REAL question is? Is Organic Marijuana is more healthy Than Regular http://www.beyondorganic.com/template/n ... 5&idy=2005 .....Can Ya Dig it ??? ....Peace....texas6431
"The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly.
One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite insane."
- Nikola Tesla.

Master Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 13293
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:27 pm

PostThu Jul 30, 2009 11:13 am » by Drjones


On Al Jazeera Vandana Shiva accuses Worldbank and IMF of being the architects of the crisis and gives some advice how to cope.


Upload to Disclose.tv



:clapper:
I strongly urge my fellow disclosers to check this lady out!

Global warming?.."Only organic agriculture can put MORE CARBON back into the soil"!! :D
Last edited by Drjones on Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Image

Master Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 10861
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:36 am

PostThu Jul 30, 2009 11:15 am » by Lowsix


drjones wrote:
LowSix wrote:
theduck wrote:Can you answer my question please Low..


Yes in a technical sense when selective breeding is utilized, traits associated with genes are either bred in or out..therefore GMO.

But in deference to my hippy adversaries here, (mostly bc its easier not have to argue the fuckin point) i (now) refer to GMO as those who genes have undergone laboratory improvements..

Positive GMO techniques have yeildd fungus reistant squashes and wheats, higher production lower water rice, pest resistant corn (less pesticides)..

There are other improvments slated in large scale projects which are still beng defined under ethical guidelines to insure food safety, despite adversary insistence that thesefoods can NEVER be safe..they are quantifying guidelines for Protein addition, allergen modification, and other issues which would effect human systemic health.

This appears to be the new standard labeling policies of the major food consortiums as well, although they do recognize that Selectivisation is also a GMO technique..


GMo corn sold to africa (which was NEVER slated for human consumption) Has caused problems..but it was recognized from the beginning about these protein allergens, and the programs were stopped, but not after having been sold by ruthless food brokers to third world countries..
This was out of the domain of control by the originators themselves..


Moron alert,moron alert.Jesus look at the ridiculous certainty of this persons posts.He'she/it knows it all,they know how all the big GMO corporations function and the why of it all.Jesus. :help:
Lowsix you truly are a sad and lost individual with NO spiritual insight whatsoever.Probably because of the food you eat.Cheery bye now,oh and baa...baa....baaa.. :oops: :D


Then tell ya what. Genius..since youre CLEARLY smarter than all the scientists who researched that fifty year project on 162 chemical analysis reports on Nutrition...
(which is the ONLY reason you could possibly be humping me here..becuase your precious organic got fucking OWNED by science on the nutrition front...Im gonna give you a chance here, to show everybody what a fool i am..based on the statement you quoted me on..

Who gives a FUCK what youve witnessed or where. You were responding to ME telling DUCK some valuable and correct information, and you somehow have the balls to call me a moron. If you cannot or are unwilling to do the following, i suggest you keep your ignorant mouth shut, because I didnt defend GM in that statement, or advocate it, i simply relayed some facts about it. NOR have i defended all cases of it, however there are some changes which have been made..and i dont give a shit if you like them or not..

But CLEARLY, I dont know what im talking about according to you,
so heres your chance to embarrass me..publically.

You prove to me, that im full of shit.that im wrong in any way shape or form...
Ive broken down my statement for you, to make things clear..you get FIVE chances to fuck me up, and prove how brilliant you are, by showing the world my errors..

Don't blow your chance..
If you dont deal with THESE FIVE STATEMENTS, which you quoted me on to call me stupid, acting like i know everything , then you win..if you ignore them (and im sure you will)..I win and youre a fucking Douche Prick with an scary Obsession with me..

This should be on the tip of your tongue since im so far offbase, right?
Don't make yourself look stupid..
____________

1. Technically, crossbreeding and Hybridisation are ways of Genetically Modifying a food. http://www.nerc.ac.uk/research/issues/g ... ective.asp

For centuries people have changed organisms' genetic make-up by choosing individual plants and animals with particular traits, like fast growth rates or good seed production, and breeding from them. This is selective breeding and is, in a sense, similar to evolution by natural selection. During this process thousands of genes are transferred. But selective breeding happens only within closely-related species.

Genetic modification allows us to alter an organism's DNA with much greater precision - genes can be transferred or manipulated singly.

That's the factual basis of my first statement. Prove it wrong.

2. GMO has produced squash that is resistant to fungus.
http://www.gmo-compass.org/eng/agri_bio ... crops.html PROVE ME WRONG ASSHOLE!

Genetic engineering enables new ways of managing fungal infections. Several approaches have been taken:

*Introducing genes from other plants or bacteria encoding enzymes like chitinase or glucanase: These enzymes break down chitin or glucan, respectively, which are essential components of fungal cell walls.
* Introducing plant genes to enhance innate plant defense mechanisms (e.g. activing phytoalexins, proteinase inhibitors, or toxic proteins).
*Invoking the hypersensitive reaction: Plants varieties that are naturally resistant to specific types of fungal diseases are often programmed to have individual cells quickly die at the site of fungal infection. This response, known as the hypersensitive reaction, effectively stops an infection in its tracks. Genetic engineering can help plant cells 'know' when a fungus is attacking.

That is my second statement..PROVE ME WRONG.
(I did not list it as a positive OR negative, just listed a fact)


3. There are varieties of GM, pest reisistant corn..Again i did not state good or bad, just their existence. Prove me WRONG. http://agguide.agronomy.psu.edu/pm/sec2/sec21a.cfm

Following is a brief summary of the herbicide-tolerant corn hybrids currently available. See detailed information on herbicide use for these crops later in this section. Refer to section 1 for additional information and for concerns associated with herbicide-tolerant crops.

IMI (IR/IT) or Clearfield (CL) corn was developed by tolerance selection to be resistant/tolerant to imidazolinone herbicides (e.g., Pursuit, Scepter). Although these hybrids were initially introduced to help manage herbicide carryover, Pursuit and Pursuit-containing products such as Lightning can be applied directly to the IMI corn hybrids as part of the weed management program. Some IMI varieties (IR) also are tolerant to some sulfonylurea (e.g., Accent, Exceed) and sulfonamide (Broadstrike products, Python) herbicides and are used to reduce the injury potential of these products when applied alone or in combination with organophosphate (OP) insecticides.

LibertyLink/GR corn is genetically engineered to allow over-the-top applications of Liberty (glufosinate) herbicide. This program should provide broad-spectrum control of annual broadleafs and grasses of low to moderate pressure. Sequential applications or tank mixtures may be required for new weed flushes and perennials.

Roundup Ready corn was developed using genetic engineering techniques. It allows postemergence applications of Roundup and some other glyphosate-type products directly to corn. This system should provide broad-spectrum annual and perennial weed control in corn.

4. There are a list ..a wish list if you will of other improvements slated to be designed into foods, but at present there is serious ethical debate about the safety of these changes. Ethical guidelines are being drawn up, to insure that there wil be adequate, qualified testing to attempt to insure their safety.

It is becoming industry standard to refer ONLY to materieal with altered DNA as Genetically Modified..therefore Crossbreeding and selectivisation are less the definition of GM, than of Hybridization, although technically they accomplish the same purpose, but with DNA alterations allowing a more specific manner of alteration.

Where is the error in that statement Jones?

5. Roundup Ready Corn has been causing health Problems in Africa...
Gm corn has produced a MASSIVe crop failure in Africa with Cobs failing to produce seed. In effect the entire crop yield was a failure despite the absence of fungus or pests.. http://www.prisonplanet.com/monsanto-gm ... frica.html

• The surfactant ingredient in Roundup is more acutely toxic than glyphosate itself, and the combination of the two is even more toxic.
• Glyphosate is suspected of causing genetic damage.
• Glyphosate is acutely toxic to fish and birds and can kill beneficial insects and soil organisms that maintain ecological balance.
• Laboratory studies have identified adverse effects of glyphosate-containing products in all standard categories of toxicological testing.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1910 ... d_RVDocSum

PROVE ME WRONG.
Give me a single reason why you should be able to call me a moron for having done some research on these items, and relayed them To Duck.



Either you can prove all five statements are incorrect, or you are bordering on a creepy obsession with me, for god knows what reason..because I dont agree with you all the time? Becuase Ive researched this stuf, and im not some pushover that buys your nonsense wholesale? What is it? Whats your glitch?.


So now lets goet down to what MORONS do...A MORON buys some bullshit aptly named "Mr Merlin's Magical Herbal Elixir" sold in a package designed by a third grader... for 29 pounds then tries to convince OTHER people to buy it too, because they will feel refreshed if....

(and this crock of shit quote is actually on their website about the stuff)

"They take it during equinoxes and solstices..
when (and i quote) The Cosmos is doing your laundry"

When the Cosmos is doing your laundry, huh?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAhHHAHAHAHAHAHA
Thats in the actual marketing literature. And youre calling me stupid..OK then..sure.
Thats fucking Brilliant mate..no wonder you fell for it.. They love stupid people..
One of us spooning bullshit into their mouth and it certainly ain't me.

So lets hear SPECIFICALLY which part of my post highlights me as ignorant, misinformed, in over my head, deluded, stupid or any other thing you feel you need to say about me...OR ELSE....you can add a teaspoon of "Shut the Fuck Up" to your gay ass elixir..
Image
warløckmitbladderinfection wrote:blasphemous new gehenna inhabitant makes god sad...

Master Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 13293
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:27 pm

PostThu Jul 30, 2009 11:18 am » by Drjones


Lowsix i did'nt read all that,it's like being in high school with you..blah,blah blah...
Say what you want,do what you want...i really don't care...bye now...baaa..
The "error" in your,well there not YOUR OWN statements :lol: really are that you are actually SUPPORTING gmo's,trying to show them in a positive light,you want some FACTS then how bout the more relevant ones i posted?laters
:D
Image

Master Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 10861
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:36 am

PostThu Jul 30, 2009 11:43 am » by Lowsix


I knew you would be a pussy.
You couldnt prove me wrong..so you wont try.
You fucking lose.

You pretend to be able to research this and that..
WHen people conter you,you say THEY arent researching...

But you cant even support your own words..or read enough to even do the research on the shit you spout all the fucking time..

So im thinkin, if MY post was too long..how short is the research you CLAIM to be doing on all this GMO business and health and nutrition, if you cant read a thousand word rebuttal to you calling me stupid?? Im gussing now, you just make shit up and hope people buy it..or copy and paste everything, since you cant articulate your own thoughts... Well i can...

I highlighted the important parts so you wont have to (gasp) actually read anything..
You know..that research and shit you say i dont do..because im a moron and whatever..

Youre the biggest fucking hypocrite in here..
And you are completely full of shit, and everyones starting to see it..

Whats funny, is that you call me out..i respond, then you wont ever read it (when i know you will) BUT THE LURKERS will read it and wonder, what the Fuck is Jones problem??..Six didnt say ANYTHING factually incorrect or offbase or supportive of GMO....in that entire discussion with Duck..

and you are gonna look like a fucking fool.

thats funny shit dude..for real.
Image
warløckmitbladderinfection wrote:blasphemous new gehenna inhabitant makes god sad...

Super Moderator
User avatar
Posts: 11952
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:30 pm

PostThu Jul 30, 2009 12:30 pm » by TheDuck


Lol...

Organic tastes better, that's my only argument with that because you can't argue with that because it is all true. :flop:
www.Vigusto.com - Premium E-liquid

"The Truth Cannot Be Told... It Must Be Realized"


PreviousNext

  • Related topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post
Visit Disclose.tv on Facebook