Organic food is no healthier, study finds

Master Conspirator

PostThu Jul 30, 2009 12:33 pm » by Lowsix

Thats why no one has tried to argue that point.
Hes just mad bc of the nutrition thing..
got him all bent out of shape...

Well, that and getting suckered for 29 pound for the Merlin bullshit..
warløckmitbladderinfection wrote:blasphemous new gehenna inhabitant makes god sad...

Super Moderator

PostThu Jul 30, 2009 12:43 pm » by TheDuck

Your soo tactful Low lol

www.Vigusto.com - Premium E-liquid

"The Truth Cannot Be Told... It Must Be Realized"

Master Conspirator

PostThu Jul 30, 2009 12:49 pm » by Lowsix

Man i want a purple tomato.

Actually, id settle for ANY tomatoes..
Fuckers wont pollinate..got a hundred blooms tho..

Send me a small box of bees would ya duckie?
Bumble is preferable to honey, but ill take either..
about fifty should do it..

Peace.
warløckmitbladderinfection wrote:blasphemous new gehenna inhabitant makes god sad...

PostThu Jul 30, 2009 12:50 pm » by Hesop

Now that the road has taken us this far, let's look at some other studies, concerning organic......

The greatest fear of many conscientious natural foodists is that pesticide residues in their food might cause harm or illness, especially cancer. However, it is an esoteric fact that most of the toxic substances in our diets originate naturally from food plants themselves (endogenously) or are formed during the storage, processing and cooking thereof

Full article here, titled "Why commercial organic vegetables are hazardous to your health"

http://www.gaiaresearch.co.za/organics.html
interesting reading.

First thing that came to my mind was the usual story that surfaces here in the U.S. concerning labeling. Which is pretty hard to control and mandate. You simply have no way of confirming exactly how any produce is grown without actually visiting the fields, and knowing the growers.

Master Conspirator

PostThu Jul 30, 2009 1:09 pm » by Drjones

Ok guys,lowsix you're not invited,you called me a "pussy"..you've hurt my feelings deeply... :lol: i have actually went and done some REAL WORLD research with this particular study like i said i would and my powers of persuasion have attained me the FULL REPORT from the university,i'm very happy with that.Quick reply too.
I'll be sure to share it with you or my thoughts at least once i have finished digesting it myself.

REAL RESULTS in the REAL WORLD,disclose needs more of this. :flop:

Dear David,
The study was published this week in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. I have attached a PDF for you. It is important to note that the review did not look at pesticides or the environmental impact of different farming practices.
Best wishes,
Phil

Dr P J Edwards
Senior Lecturer in Statistics
Head of Nutrition & Public Health Intervention Research Unit
Department of Epidemiology & Population Health
London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine
Keppel Street, London WC1E 7HT

Going to the gym to do some Ironman training,be back later.Not bad for a "pussy" lowsix huh... :lol:

Super Moderator

PostThu Jul 30, 2009 2:19 pm » by TheDuck

LowSix wrote:Man i want a purple tomato.

Actually, id settle for ANY tomatoes..
Fuckers wont pollinate..got a hundred blooms tho..

Send me a small box of bees would ya duckie?
Bumble is preferable to honey, but ill take either..
about fifty should do it..

Peace.

For next season maybe get>
http://www.arkwildlife.co.uk/acatalog/info_CBNE_00.html
and...
Summer flowers. In general most cottage garden type of flowers are useful to bumblebees such as Indian balsam, Phacalia, viper's bugloss, geraniums, aquilegia, lupins, campanulas, as well as brambles, raspberry, strawberry and other soft fruits, and many herbs such as the different varieties of thyme and borage. Old-fashioned roses provide a good source of pollen, you can hear them gathering pollen from some flowers as they sonicate the anthers to dislodge the pollen. This is a higher sounding buzz than usual. Many flowers especially bred for showy displays do not have nectar, for example some nasturtiums are nectar-free, normally these provide a large amount of nectar per flower and so are very useful. And double-flowered varieties may or may not produce nectar, but the extra petals often make it too difficult to reach. Foxgloves are used by the longer tongued bees not only for nectar but also as a place to shelter during sudden showers, but some of the more showy ones have flowers that do not open properly.
I'de send you some if I could man :think:
http://www.bumblebee.org/helpbees.htm
Viper's bugloss (pictured above) is perhaps the very best plant to attract bumblebees to your garden. Much loved by almost all species, and it looks great too. It flowers from June-August.
Flowers for bumblebees

March - April
Apple
Bluebell
Broom
Bugle
Cherry
Erica carnea (heather)
Flowering Currant
Lungwort (Pulmonaria)
Pear
Plum
Pussy Willow
Red dead-nettle
Rosemary
White dead-nettle
May - June
Alliums
Aquilegia
Birds-foot trefoil
Bugle
Bush vetch
Campanula
Ceanothus
Chives
Comfrey
Cotoneaster
Escallonia
Everlasting Pea
Everlasting wallflower
Foxglove
Geranium
Honeysuckle
Kidney Vetch
Laburnum
Lupin
Monkshood
Poppies
Raspberries
Red Campion
Roses (singles)
Sage
Salvia
Thyme
Tufted vetch
Meadow Cranesbill
White Clover
Wisteria
Woundwort
July - September
Black horehound
Borage
Bramble
Buddleia
Cardoon
Catmint
Cornflower
Delphinium
Heathers
Hollyhock
Hyssop
Knapweed
Lavender
Lesser burdock
Marjoram
Mellilot
Mint
Penstemon
Phacelia
Polemonium
Purple loosestrife
Red bartsia
Red clover
Rock-rose
Sainfoin
Scabious
Sea Holly
Snapdragons
St. Johns Wort
Sunflower
Teasel
Thistles
Viper’s bugloss

Sorry people off topic

Super Moderator

PostThu Jul 30, 2009 2:25 pm » by TheDuck

REAL RESULTS in the REAL WORLD,disclose needs more of this.

Probably man...

What did that study find then?

Super Moderator

PostThu Jul 30, 2009 2:35 pm » by TheDuck

hesop wrote:Now that the road has taken us this far, let's look at some other studies, concerning organic......

The greatest fear of many conscientious natural foodists is that pesticide residues in their food might cause harm or illness, especially cancer. However, it is an esoteric fact that most of the toxic substances in our diets originate naturally from food plants themselves (endogenously) or are formed during the storage, processing and cooking thereof

Full article here, titled "Why commercial organic vegetables are hazardous to your health"

http://www.gaiaresearch.co.za/organics.html
interesting reading.

First thing that came to my mind was the usual story that surfaces here in the U.S. concerning labeling. Which is pretty hard to control and mandate. You simply have no way of confirming exactly how any produce is grown without actually visiting the fields, and knowing the growers.

Jeez now that's a fair bit to read. Fairplay though.

Master Conspirator

PostThu Jul 30, 2009 4:51 pm » by Drjones

Ok,still not read the PDF,had things to do,too many.I had to pay an extra £12 "customs charge" on goods purchased in the U.S.(Not my merlins elixir) :lol: So i gave the customs man a bollocking down the phone as he could not explain to me exactly what i was paying for and also i had a grand experience at the Royal Mail office,anyway side issue!

Thought you might like to read this,latest on this study:
Organic nutrition review a call for stronger science
http://www.foodnavigator.com/Science-Nu ... er%2BDaily

"The investigators raise big concerns over standard of the science." :D

Jesus,read this,i almost don't even need to read the PDF... :hmmm:
"Notably, a large number of studies were excluded because they did not specify an organic certifying body, there was no information on the cultivar or livestock breed, no statement of which nutrient or nutritionally relevant substance was reviewed, no information on statistical methods, or no information on laboratory methods."

A spokesperson for the soil association said- “Committed consumers who have been buying organic all through the recession will not stop. They see the bigger picture,” she said.
AMEN...THAT'S ME :flop:

Already this study is looking amateurish AT BEST...stuff like this really should'nt see the light of day in my opinion as it is not what i would call a proper definitive study that gives us real answers. :oops:
Last edited by Drjones on Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Conspirator

PostThu Jul 30, 2009 4:55 pm » by Mep630

drjones wrote:
LowSix wrote:***Waits in anticipation for Jonesies Freakout***

A hundred bucks says he glosses right over this gem or says it's disinfo:
"A systematic review of 162 scientific papers published in the scientific literature over the last 50 years, however, found there was no significant difference."

[b]Hey lowsix,the biggest and brightest personality on disclose :lol:

LOL! LowSuxBalls owned again....

1st of all I was going to say look at the source.

I will take organic any day over the GM stuff. Now a lot of companies label "organic" and they are nothing much of the sort, it seems to be a big sales buzz-word these days.

If you help the Oppressors, eventually you and your family will be oppressed.

www.mind-wars.com

PreviousNext