Organic food is no healthier, study finds

PostWed Jul 29, 2009 9:04 pm » by Hesop

I thought Jonesy would enjoy reading this one....

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20090729/hl_nm/us_food_organic

2 hrs 31 mins ago

LONDON (Reuters) – Organic food has no nutritional or health benefits over ordinary food, according to a major study published Wednesday.

Researchers from the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine said consumers were paying higher prices for organic food because of its perceived health benefits, creating a global organic market worth an estimated $48 billion in 2007.

A systematic review of 162 scientific papers published in the scientific literature over the last 50 years, however, found there was no significant difference.

"A small number of differences in nutrient content were found to exist between organically and conventionally produced foodstuffs, but these are unlikely to be of any public health relevance," said Alan Dangour, one of the report's authors.

"Our review indicates that there is currently no evidence to support the selection of organically over conventionally produced foods on the basis of nutritional superiority."

The results of research, which was commissioned by the British government's Food Standards Agency, were published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition.

Sales of organic food have fallen in some markets, including Britain, as recession has led consumers to cut back on purchases.

The Soil Association said in April that growth in sales of organic products in Britain slowed to just 1.7 percent in 2008, well below the average annual growth rate of 26 percent over the last decade, following a plunge in demand at the end of the year.

(Reporting by Ben Hirschler; editing by Simon Jessop)

Conspirator

PostWed Jul 29, 2009 9:09 pm » by Blacky

No suprise!!!
Just costs you about 80% more to buy!!!
What a joke!
:cheers:

Master Conspirator

PostWed Jul 29, 2009 9:09 pm » by Lowsix

***Waits in anticipation for Jonesies Freakout***

A hundred bucks says he glosses right over this gem or says it's disinfo:
"A systematic review of 162 scientific papers published in the scientific literature over the last 50 years, however, found there was no significant difference."
warløckmitbladderinfection wrote:blasphemous new gehenna inhabitant makes god sad...

Master Conspirator

PostWed Jul 29, 2009 9:20 pm » by Drjones

Hey guys,oh,THANKS Hesop :flop: .Are you ready for this,i'll keep it short :lol: .Firstly i find it very very very sad that people,i'll name lowsix,seem to think the whole business of buying organic food is a "joke",no m8 it most definetely is NOT a joke.Ok,as for this particular study,i will investigate this MUCH MUCH further,i have personally seen,YES,with my own two eyes a nutritional study take place where organic food,various varities,potatoes/beetroot and carrots were measured against the NON organic for there respective vitamin and mineral content,EVERY ITEM on the organic list came our FAR superior to the non-organic stuff,it was an average 33% more nutreints,sometimes as high as 60% i think,this was around 5 years ago...so anyway,i'll get the sceptics,and i'm all for that,i don't really care,i've seen this particular evidence carried out at Glasgow University and i've since seen many more unbiased studies take place that conclusively show that ORGANIC food holds more nutrition.So anyway,let's just say which i'm sure lowsix and others will "You're talking BS Drjones"...Ok,fine....say organic food DOES NOT contain any more nutrients than non organic produce,OK....so you are happy to consume the various herbicides and pesticides on a regular basis then?....Stuff like sewage sludge,mercury,aluminium and fluoride...YES...jesus...OK,what about the environmental impact of organic versus non organic...organic supportive of the wildlife and land,non organic not... :hmmm:
Anyway,this is a great post by Hesop,like i say i will look into it MUCH further,there's nothing more i can say to support organic food and if you don't find the above brief reasons for eating it convcincing enough then enjoy you gmo's for your breakfast,luch and dinner in the next few years,your kids can eat it too,yeah they can be guinea pigs,yeah...it's great :hmmm: ! :cheers:

Smoking gun evidence for the legitamacy of this study is this:
"The results of research, which was commissioned by the British government's Food Standards Agency". :help:

It's been said that eventually organic food will come under some form attack,perhaps this is the beginning...WE are the only ones that can stop it....lowsix,you can support the gmo's...they'll be great for the environment in the long run i'm sure and your body will love them,trust me.. :oops: :lol:
Last edited by Drjones on Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Master Conspirator

PostWed Jul 29, 2009 9:27 pm » by Drjones

LowSix wrote:***Waits in anticipation for Jonesies Freakout***

A hundred bucks says he glosses right over this gem or says it's disinfo:
"A systematic review of 162 scientific papers published in the scientific literature over the last 50 years, however, found there was no significant difference."

Hey lowsix,the biggest and brightest personality on disclose :lol: who decides what is SIGNIFICANT in terms of difference?....thing is THERE IS A DIFFERNCE but they aint tellin you what it is now are they...?
Good work yet again m8 :oops: ,always like so many on disclose quick to the draw to fire down good ol drjones.. :clapper: :help: :D Can't anyone around here at least put aside their ego to truly analyse the issues at hand here...organic food,grown in mineral rich soils for a greater length of time than the non organic,organic food not sprayed with umpteen ridiculously toxic chemicals,i mean,c'mon....what's the argument here other than for some scary reason(lowsix) to somehow proclaim LOOK EVERYONE Drjones is wrong,LOOK,ok,then what,back to your gmo lunch?.... :oops: The case for eating organic over non organic is so clear cut to any PROPERLY FUNCTIONING HUMAN BEING that there really is not an argument to be had....i'm just doing this i guess because i truly do care at the end of the day...organic food tastes so much more fresher than the non organic,probably why all the top chefs use it,but maybe they don't know what they are talking about either,oh yeah the queen eats it,has her very own ORGANIC garden...yeah and prince charles has an estate,the only food licensed for sale at the house of commons i believe is organic,no gmos?? :oops:

Conspirator

PostWed Jul 29, 2009 9:37 pm » by Pindz

so you guys believe REUTERS ??? :o

Fake Reuters Photo from Lebanon
http://mypetjawa.mu.nu/archives/184206.php

Reuters faked news photo
http://sean.gleeson.us/2006/08/05/reute ... news-photo

Reuters caught with ‘fake’ pictures from Georgia
http://dandelionsalad.wordpress.com/200 ... m-georgia/

The Reuters Photo Scandal
http://zombietime.com/reuters_photo_fraud/

THERE IS MORE ....

DONT BELIEVE REUTERS PEOPLE !!!
Last edited by Pindz on Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Master Conspirator

PostWed Jul 29, 2009 9:39 pm » by Drjones

pindz wrote:so you guys believe REUTERS ??? :o

Fake Reuters Photo from Lebanon
http://mypetjawa.mu.nu/archives/184206.php

Reuters faked news photo
http://sean.gleeson.us/2006/08/05/reute ... news-photo

Reuters caught with ‘fake’ pictures from Georgia
http://dandelionsalad.wordpress.com/200 ... m-georgia/

fake reuters news story featuring waledac malware
http://malwaredatabase.net/blog/index.p ... c-malware/

THERE IS MORE ....

DONT BELIEVE REUTERS PEOPLE !!!

Thanks Pindz,i know we have'nt been on the very best of terms of late but yeah Reuters,i should have mentioned that too...Anyway i shall be giving London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine a little phone call tommorrow,see what REAL info i can come up with :hmmm: :flop:

Conspirator

PostWed Jul 29, 2009 9:49 pm » by Pindz

drjones wrote:Anyway i shall be giving London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine a little phone call tommorrow,see what REAL info i can come up with :hmmm: :flop:

EH EH EH :lol: - I hope you succeed :flop:

Master Conspirator

PostWed Jul 29, 2009 9:57 pm » by Drjones

pindz wrote:
drjones wrote:Anyway i shall be giving London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine a little phone call tommorrow,see what REAL info i can come up with :hmmm: :flop:

EH EH EH :lol: - I hope you succeed :flop:

Yeah,i'll keep you posted m8.REAL results in the REAL world,more of us need to be actively seeking this....hey there is a voice in my head telling me that they are going to tell me-"What study"?,afterall this is Reuters... :lol:

By the way i thought we may have "fallen out" as you told me to "grow a brain" with regards to my movie trailer posts....then i told you "you first"...all in good cheer... :lol: :lol:

Initiate

PostWed Jul 29, 2009 10:02 pm » by Mugenroshi8

@drjones
Look on the bright side, this only made the forum because Hesop loves ya!!! Remember when milk was healthy for your bones, and then like 10 years ago it was the reason human evolution has ceased and it's counter-productive for the human digestive system...and now milk is healthy again. Something to do with protein. I guess what I'm saying is, in a couple years organic food will be healthy again! (I think they're just havin' fun with ya bud! )

@Hesop
You're so bad! haha

Next