Ouija boards sold as "toys" - a good idea ?

Conspirator

PostTue Feb 09, 2010 2:57 pm » by Abyssdnb

Toys R Us is selling Ouija boards, promoting them as acceptable for children as young as eight years old.

The pink edition of the Ouija board is listed for girls eight-years-old and up while the regular version is designated for all children eight and up. Stephen Phelan, communications manager of Human Life International, checked the website and reports that the findings are disturbing.

"It is just troubling that these things are treated as casually as any other game, like Monopoly or anything else on this Toys R Us site -- and I think it's something Christians should be aware of and really not support," he states.
He further believes that Christians have an obligation to fight against it. "If you go to the comments section on the Toys R Us [web]site, you'll read comments from people who talk about being obsessed with it, talk about missing school for it, talk about the spirits they spoke to on the other side and how creepy it was," Phelan describes.

The communications manager adds that the primary groups that deny the evils of the Ouija board are the ones who deny the spirit world entirely. He goes on to say Christians have a biblical mandate.

"We're supposed to deal with the truth only," he notes. "We're supposed to have nothing to do with dark spirits. We're not supposed to dabble in anything that would compromise our souls, and that's exactly what this does."

The manufacturer of the product is Hasbro.
Image "Fear not the path of truth for the lack of people walking on it."

Conspirator

PostTue Feb 09, 2010 6:24 pm » by Ogmios

I'd suggest that the ouija board is probably better for children in terms of their capacity to develop and fertilize their own imaginations rather than be told how to behave by a book. Books are good but it's a bit off in my opinion to force-feed youth with a story about a guy who gets nailed to a tree for no apparent reason. If you're a christian, and you think there are such things as demons, don't buy the game.

I can't be bothered with religious people pushing their morals upon others. You are welcome to your beliefs but it's very patronizing to think that, because of your beliefs, you can spoil everyone else's fun.
"God is a concept by which we measure our pain"
John Lennon

Conspirator

PostThu Feb 11, 2010 4:23 am » by sockpuppet

Ouija boards should carry a health warning on them, like cigarettes. "Use at your own risk."

While I do not believe that people are actually speaking to demons with a Ouija board, plenty develop serious mental issues after getting involved with it. I got a Ouija board when I was 9 and had no problem with it until I was at a holiday gathering with dozens of adults a few years later and watched them play... One had some serious issues after that...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouyVS6HOFeo

Master Conspirator

PostThu Feb 11, 2010 4:27 am » by Lowsix

SHIT no, its a terrible idea.
warløckmitbladderinfection wrote:blasphemous new gehenna inhabitant makes god sad...

Initiate

PostThu Feb 11, 2010 4:37 am » by Princessleia

I am not sure what I think about this topic. I mean, I don't really believe ghosts and spirits have a hand in it. However, I have never touched a Ouija board, so I have no experience on the subject technically. I do know that not everyone will agree with me, but I guess that is what makes us all interesting (we have our own minds). :flop:

Conspirator

PostThu Feb 11, 2010 4:42 am » by Kerrblur2

I bought 1,000 of them and donated them to the salvation army!!
i thought it was a thoughtful gift! you know?
dear child,
please accept this board of magic! it gives to you great powers! speak to the undead! raise un imaginable pain to a family member! Someone bully you at school? here enlists the right demon for the job! summon this one to get rid of that bully and the rest of his family!

haha lol hahaha oh man *chokes* lol haha
:mrgreen:

lol Dont ever mess with that ouija board, unless you are spiritually grounded, and I mean, you best know your chakras and know yourself well.
http://www.disclose.tv/forum/the-smokey-god-audio-book-t86832.html
The autobiography of olaf Jenson and his journey to the inner earth.

Conspirator

PostThu Feb 11, 2010 5:54 am » by Kerrblur2

No seriously, every family household should have a Ouija board! sitting right next to monopoly and battleship! its only a idea but imagine if EVERY family in America gOt one? HAH be madness! it might even stir-up some kind of spiritual event if families world wide all got one!
WHEW my imagination is going wild with such a cooky idea!

Writer

PostThu Feb 11, 2010 6:51 am » by Toxsick

"We're supposed to deal with the truth only,"

I believe that is what they call irony....

As far as the whole Ouija board thing goes, a lot of people see it as a game, and sometimes you may be able to get away with it as such, but I think there are more to those things then meets the eye. (no Transformer jokes please) :)
"If I never disappoint you, how can I surprise you?"

Conspirator

PostThu Feb 11, 2010 8:17 am » by Kerrblur2

HAHA there is no game when it comes to the fucking Ouija board man!

I speak of games because I can joke of anything!

But I tell you what, my mother whose still alive now. tells me this horror story when her and the friends that came over all did the Ouija board, it said a message that my mom's Mother(my grandma) was going to die a painful death. something similar to that nature

turns out two weeks later after that board said that, my grandma that I never met came up with brain cancer outa nowhere and died before I was born. I will NEVER touch a Ouija board(even though I concider myself pretty damn strong spiritually) I dont want any hassle in my life. no chances!

Conspirator

PostThu Feb 11, 2010 1:48 pm » by Wolfbane7272

Ok let's break it down its a board used to ask questions ..from what ? spirits ding, ding ,ding

so therefore ,regardless of your religious inclinations ,it's spiritual energy and wether that spirit is good or bad you will get the results you ask for . Personally , I think it's a really bad idea you are using this board to conjure up a spirit .Without any form of control of what you are manifesting . I have used one in the past as a kid , jokingly me and my cousin called up the devil . after some strange messages we got bored and set it aside on my dresser .we were playing darts at the time wehn a fuckin loud slap,bang like abook being slammed on a desk sounds occurred. we of course whipped around to see .the board laying face down on the floor ,the planchette still in the middle of the board when we lifted it .I took that thing and smashed it into tiny pieces and threw it out . after that I lit sage to clear the energy from the room and invoked white light protection .needless to say , that was the end of that ,and when someone tries to bring one out , haha its fun they say ..i leave..it is dangerous and to sell it to inexperienced kids to "play "with might as well be a loaded . 45

Next