Our Life's Path.

Conspirator

PostFri Jul 20, 2012 10:27 pm » by monica44

I would love to share with you a story i found a couple of years ago, it brought home how much life twists and turns when we least expect it. I wonder how many of you can identify with it ?

There was a young girl, she was curious about life and wanted more than just the village life she has grown up with. She loved her family greatly, and had many friends, for she was a social butterfly, but she was bored, at 16 years old she wanted to explore the world, her village was miles from anywhere, and although close nit she felt that she would stagnate if she were to remain, she grew more determined that she wasn't going to be like all the other girls she knew most of them had settled down and bringing up children, it wasnt for her, not yet anyway.

One day she decided to go on a hike, she packed some food and followed the river down to the valley, she liked her own company and it was a good day for it. The young girl found that she was so absorbed in her own thoughts she almost missed the old man sitting on a nearby boulder, he was a stranger in these parts, and not one for being ignorant she bade him a good day. "Where are you going to" his voice was quiet, almost regal, the accent was unusual so she thought he is a foreigner and this captured her curiosity, she had only known her kinsmen from the village. "Oh i am just out, i need to figure what i am going to do with my life", the man then replied "so you would be ready for an adventure" Captivated she listened as he told her to ditch her supplies and her shoes, he then showed her a path, it was to go across the desert plains, further than she has ever been, to follow the path until you reach your destination. "But how will i know when i am there", "Its not an adventure if i tell you, just follow the path that way" as he pointed westerly.
Well the girl duly agreed, although scared she set off, it wasn't long before blisters ate into her tender flesh, her feet were sore, but she carried on, it was nearly nightfall, she would have felt more afraid had it not been for the pain in her feet, they were ripped to shreds from the hot stony road, it was then she saw some smoke, it was coming from a building, a homestead of sorts, for a split moment the pain was gone she hurried to the house now, the relief of arriving caused her to fall at the door.
Before she could compose herself the young girl was greeted by a stout woman, who quickly bent down to give a helping hand. "Come in my child, sit yourself down here, i will fetch something for those poor feet, and you must be thirsty too" handing her a cool fresh drink she set about preparing a bowl of water and cloths, feeling drained the wanderer offered no resistance when the old woman set about bathing her wounds, actually she felt her feet cool, they were no longer throbbing, she fell asleep there and then.
The following morning the young girl was awoken by clattering coming from the other room, she looked down at her feet, they didn't hurt, infact although a little cut most of the anguish was gone, WOW, what did she bath them in ? "OOOh you are up my dear, come sit down eat your breakfast" the young girl was in awe, "so tell my what did you do to my feet, they have almost healed" "Aloe, and some other herbs" pointing to her nose, "Many recipes were handed down to me by my mother, in turn it was her mother, but unfortunately i had no children so it dies with me". "Teach me, please tell me everything i want to learn".

Several years have passed, Everything was handed down from the lady, cures for everything, there was nothing she didn't know about the herbs around her, The young girl blossomed into a fine wise woman, she became the medicine woman of the village which sprang up a few miles down the road.

So was the wise old man her angel ?
We are not human beings on a spiritual journey, we are spiritual beings on a human journey; Stephen Covey.

Conspirator

PostFri Jul 20, 2012 11:33 pm » by Malogg

monica44 wrote:I would love to share with you a story i found a couple of years ago, it brought home how much life twists and turns when we least expect it. I wonder how many of you can identify with it ?

There was a young girl, she was curious about life and wanted more than just the village life she has grown up with. She loved her family greatly, and had many friends, for she was a social butterfly, but she was bored, at 16 years old she wanted to explore the world, her village was miles from anywhere, and although close nit she felt that she would stagnate if she were to remain, she grew more determined that she wasn't going to be like all the other girls she knew most of them had settled down and bringing up children, it wasnt for her, not yet anyway.

One day she decided to go on a hike, she packed some food and followed the river down to the valley, she liked her own company and it was a good day for it. The young girl found that she was so absorbed in her own thoughts she almost missed the old man sitting on a nearby boulder, he was a stranger in these parts, and not one for being ignorant she bade him a good day. "Where are you going to" his voice was quiet, almost regal, the accent was unusual so she thought he is a foreigner and this captured her curiosity, she had only known her kinsmen from the village. "Oh i am just out, i need to figure what i am going to do with my life", the man then replied "so you would be ready for an adventure" Captivated she listened as he told her to ditch her supplies and her shoes, he then showed her a path, it was to go across the desert plains, further than she has ever been, to follow the path until you reach your destination. "But how will i know when i am there", "Its not an adventure if i tell you, just follow the path that way" as he pointed westerly.
Well the girl duly agreed, although scared she set off, it wasn't long before blisters ate into her tender flesh, her feet were sore, but she carried on, it was nearly nightfall, she would have felt more afraid had it not been for the pain in her feet, they were ripped to shreds from the hot stony road, it was then she saw some smoke, it was coming from a building, a homestead of sorts, for a split moment the pain was gone she hurried to the house now, the relief of arriving caused her to fall at the door.
Before she could compose herself the young girl was greeted by a stout woman, who quickly bent down to give a helping hand. "Come in my child, sit yourself down here, i will fetch something for those poor feet, and you must be thirsty too" handing her a cool fresh drink she set about preparing a bowl of water and cloths, feeling drained the wanderer offered no resistance when the old woman set about bathing her wounds, actually she felt her feet cool, they were no longer throbbing, she fell asleep there and then.
The following morning the young girl was awoken by clattering coming from the other room, she looked down at her feet, they didn't hurt, infact although a little cut most of the anguish was gone, WOW, what did she bath them in ? "OOOh you are up my dear, come sit down eat your breakfast" the young girl was in awe, "so tell my what did you do to my feet, they have almost healed" "Aloe, and some other herbs" pointing to her nose, "Many recipes were handed down to me by my mother, in turn it was her mother, but unfortunately i had no children so it dies with me". "Teach me, please tell me everything i want to learn".

Several years have passed, Everything was handed down from the lady, cures for everything, there was nothing she didn't know about the herbs around her, The young girl blossomed into a fine wise woman, she became the medicine woman of the village which sprang up a few miles down the road.

So was the wise old man her angel ?

Dang monica44 nice short wee story

I have no idea life has a funny way of who and when shows up before us , as life is really such a short time to think if we never gave time to see the privilege's that comes and goes , then once over (life) the regret is to the unremembered for the good they could have done for others which they never did .

Cheers my thoughts are running on this one .

:cheers:

Conspirator

PostFri Jul 20, 2012 11:40 pm » by monica44

Thankyou Malogg, with such despair around the world i thought i would bring some light relief to fellow DTVers......
Have a good weekend folks. :love: and :hugging: to you all
We are not human beings on a spiritual journey, we are spiritual beings on a human journey; Stephen Covey.

Conspirator

PostFri Jul 20, 2012 11:53 pm » by Malogg

monica44 wrote:Thankyou Malogg, with such despair around the world i thought i would bring some light relief to fellow DTVers......
Have a good weekend folks. :love: and :hugging: to you all

Right back at you monica44