Thanks, I've been looking for this :)
Follow your bliss(ters) - Joseph Campbell

Initiate

PostWed Jun 30, 2010 12:05 pm » by Ratty

not seen this before
thank you :flop: :flop: :flop:

Conspirator

PostWed Jun 30, 2010 1:31 pm » by Noetic

That was fun,but I would like to point out one glaring mistake made repeatedly in this series is that we are not moving closer to the sun,it's a scientific fact that our orbits are ever expanding,so are our planets and the sun itself are all growing.all of the planets in our solar system were born from the sun from what has become known as coronal mass ejection,mass as in a lump of lava that forms into new planets that gets spit out of the sun on a some what regular basis,some bigger than others.a fine example of our growing orbits is the recent status change of our outer most planet pluto,which as we all know is now considered a brown dwarf.
patent pending lol

Initiate

PostWed Jun 30, 2010 2:40 pm » by Tehunit

Noetic,

I see what you mean, and I agree with you there but not entirely because I couldn't understand a lot of what you typed :). I am sure not all of the history is perfect in this series, but this is much closer to what really happened than to what we learn in school. What we learn in school barely teaches us what happens before the 1900s(High school).

Initiate

PostWed Jun 30, 2010 2:42 pm » by Tehunit

noetic wrote:it's a scientific fact that our orbits are ever expanding,so are our planets and the sun itself are all growing.

Even with this being true, we would still have to jump planet to planet right? Do you mean that we are moving further away from the sun? Cause if that is what you mean, then eventually it will be to cold to live here, and we would have to go somewhere nicer :). Please advise.

Conspirator

PostWed Jun 30, 2010 5:46 pm » by lamonema

Good series of vids until the punchline, which fits right into my beliefs anyway. Just hope it is all :bullshit: . :scary:

Initiate

PostWed Jun 30, 2010 5:48 pm » by Tehunit

Its a never ending circle of civilizations with lies that generate it.

Conspirator

PostWed Jun 30, 2010 11:45 pm » by Noetic

tehunit wrote:
noetic wrote:it's a scientific fact that our orbits are ever expanding,so are our planets and the sun itself are all growing.

Even with this being true, we would still have to jump planet to planet right? Do you mean that we are moving further away from the sun? Cause if that is what you mean, then eventually it will be to cold to live here, and we would have to go somewhere nicer :). Please advise.

yes that is correct,eventually man kind will have to move to venus,but hopefully we can just go outwards and explore the universe,but that's wishful thinking.

the reason is that we need liquid water,if we're too close to the sun water evaporates,too far away and it freezes.so someday our planet will leave this sweet spot and the surface will become baron like mars
patent pending lol

Initiate

PostFri Jul 02, 2010 9:00 pm » by Tehunit

Man, not enough people watched this. This should have so many comments!

Conspirator

PostSat Jul 03, 2010 12:00 am » by lamonema

This suggests to me that no matter how mankind is forced to rewind, wheather it be through natural or self inflicted set backs, like the stone age, and nuclear annillation. Unless mankind figures out a way to salvage advanced knowledge from one failed civilization of the past to that of the future. Mankind will forever be forced to play catch-up until a limitless energy advancement comes. In other words if man has had to start over, through out the history of existance then there is less time for advancement in order to leave this world and colonize another. Also mankind can not duplicate the same paths of technological advancement as mankind has used this time around. There simply is not enough resources left to do so, now. So would there be enough resources for the next emergance of a civilization to start over again? Is there enough to exceed our knowledge now for the future advancement of land. What energy source would be require to brake the chains of an Earth being? Should we even attempt it, and risk our future survival? No matter what IMO time has always been against mankind, and mankinds ever increaseing yerning to leave the Planet. IMO mankind is not ready or even responceable enough to earn the right of life without the very plane which man seems hellbent on distroying. IMO we must return to our mother and live in harmony with her all other life includeing ourselves. But what are the chances of that ever suceeding? :mrgreen: NM156

PreviousNext