'Our unborn baby has two brains and two faces... but...

Conspirator

PostWed Feb 12, 2014 7:41 am » by *WillEase*

The Australian parents of an unborn child with two faces and two brains are defying doctors' advice to terminate the pregnancy.

Renee Young and Simon Howie, of Tregear in Sydney's west, say they were shocked when an ultrasound revealed the twins they were expecting were in fact only one child, but with two perfectly symmetrical faces and two brains connected to the one brain stem.

Three-dimensional scans show the child has two legs, two arms and one body and all its vital organs, including a strong beating heart.

But while doctors told Ms Young she should not keep the child 'because it would be looked upon by the public as a freak', the couple has decided to go through with the birth and 'surround' the child 'with people who love it'.

After getting over the shock of expecting a baby which has two faces and two brains, but a single body, parents of seven, Renee Young and Simon Howie are defying doctor's advice by going through with the birth of the child which they say they shall love even though it will be 'ridiculed'

The baby, show here in an ultrasound image of the foetus in utero, is an extreme version of conjoined twin girls which have two faces and two brains joined by a single brain stem, but one body with a single heart.

Image Image
Three-dimensional scans show the child has two legs, two arms and one body, but above the neck (as seen on the model, left) the child has two faces on one double-vaulted skull, an exact duplication of eyes, nose and mouth, and two brains (pictured above right on medical imaging) connected to one brain stem.

Above the neck, the child has one double-vaulted skull and two faces with an exact duplication of eyes, nose and mouth.

Ms Young described her unborn child, now 19 weeks old, as 'healthy. The heartbeat's beautiful'.

'The brain activity 's good,' she told the Nine Network's A Current Affair, 'in both brains.'

The condition, an extreme form of conjoined twins known as craniofacial hyperhidrosis or diprosopus, is so rare that only 35 cases have ever been recorded. None has survived.

Despite the medical unlikelihood of the baby surviving past infancy, the couple has decided to surround her with 'the love' of their large family.

The couple, who live on welfare in a public housing block in the Sydney suburb of Tregear, said their strong 'family base' meant they could protect the child, no matter her deformities.

Surrounded by seven children who range in age from teenagers down to the youngest, who is in a high chair, Mr Howie said they had refused to end the pregnancy on 'moral' grounds.

'We thought it was the same as bringing home a child with autism or Down syndrome,' he said, 'I don't really believe in terminating a baby if it's healthy and growing fine.'
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... child.html

Initiate

PostWed Feb 12, 2014 7:52 am » by missamandamanhattan

This is a delicate situation. I fully respect the parents and their decision however I would like to comment as I am sure many people will weigh in - there are only two sides. One side is do as the parents are doing - accept and love their Child unconditionally. The other side is - no - living in a less than acceptably healthy body is not an option and terminate the pregnancy.

I respect the parents - but - they are not the ones living in the body. Yes the mother and father are concerned and have made a decision based on how they feel. I have some questions - How will the unborn Child feel? How will the unborn Child feel about being forced into the world with the less than perfect body?

On a medical/health train of thought - What are the long term consequences for the overall health of the Child? Are there going to be internal neurological health issues that the Child will have as a lifelong burden.

It is all good and well for the parents to bring their Child into the world and ensure loads of love - but - we live in a world where love is not enough. In the natural order of things - who will surround the Child with love should the parents die young? There are many questions and I too can love any Child unconditionally - but - that is not the essence of this dilemma. The essence of this dilemma is - What does the Child want? The Child will carry the burden of their physicality - and - the burden that their parents chose that path in life for them.

Much Peace - to the parents and the unborn Child - you have my utmost respect - Amanda

Conspirator

PostWed Feb 12, 2014 8:44 am » by *WillEase*

Conspirator

PostWed Feb 12, 2014 9:12 am » by Fatdogmendoza

Canubis wrote:slith dont b A noob.. u r my no 1 mo fo

Conspirator

PostWed Feb 12, 2014 9:28 am » by Akashicrebel

Fatdogmendoza wrote:http://www.disclose.tv/forum/having-children-is-cruel-t91172.html

:clapper:
A real success can be achieved only if you help everybody else to fail.
........................................Image

Conspirator

PostWed Feb 12, 2014 7:14 pm » by *WillEase*

I don't believe the baby will survive till birth, but time will tell.

Master Conspirator

PostWed Feb 12, 2014 8:21 pm » by Boondox681

you know that pesky 'only child' problem?
solved.
"Doing stuff is overrated.Like Hitler.He did a lot.But don't we all wish he woulda' just stayed home and gotten stoned?"

Super Moderator

PostWed Feb 12, 2014 8:33 pm » by DarkHeart

missamandamanhattan wrote:This is a delicate situation. I fully respect the parents and their decision however I would like to comment as I am sure many people will weigh in - there are only two sides. One side is do as the parents are doing - accept and love their Child unconditionally. The other side is - no - living in a less than acceptably healthy body is not an option and terminate the pregnancy.

I respect the parents - but - they are not the ones living in the body. Yes the mother and father are concerned and have made a decision based on how they feel. I have some questions - How will the unborn Child feel? How will the unborn Child feel about being forced into the world with the less than perfect body?

I have seen many deformed & crippled people being asked about this over the years, and they were all grateful & happy to have been alive.

Very few people have a "perfect body", what next, eugenics ?

What about karma ? These things don't happen by chance y'know.
Canubis wrote:i wont be apart of this..my wagon sails into the sun rise! but im sunset passed out for days..while jesus sleeps in your pocket...

Master Conspirator

PostWed Feb 12, 2014 8:52 pm » by Boondox681

any human with empathy for others will feel compelled to 'help' the 'dis-abled.
the reality is that in most cases,they will not want,let alone need your help.
a person's position should be to let them know you are there IF needed.
that's what i believe.
here's what i know.
there are 4 mentally handicapped people in my life.2 severely.
IN A HUNDRED LIFETIMES-I COULD NOT GIVE TO THEM WHAT THEY HAVE GIVEN TO ME IN THIS LIFE.

peace
"Doing stuff is overrated.Like Hitler.He did a lot.But don't we all wish he woulda' just stayed home and gotten stoned?"

Initiate

PostWed Feb 12, 2014 9:52 pm » by Middleman

Public ridicule has to be the least compelling reason to abort I've ever heard, so much so that I strongly doubt the doctor said it. Endless physical suffering and frustration, on the other hand...

You can't trust the daily mail to give the straight story.

DarkHeart wrote:What about karma ? These things don't happen by chance y'know.

So the baby deserves it? Or the stupid parents? Both?

What could you possibly do to deserve such a fate? I wouldn't wish it on the worst genocidal murderers in history.

Next