OUTTA HERE>>>INNA HERE

Initiate

PostTue Apr 03, 2012 11:29 am » by Flipper

Well the silence has proven that it was just another bullshit, lets wind everyone up topic made by you know who. I still think Lukas should look into this matter. :hell: :bang;

I agree with other comments about Seahawk, I never found him to be a joker. Wherever you are take care Seahawk. Much respect. :cheers:

Super Moderator

PostTue Apr 03, 2012 11:42 am » by Spock

I trust everyone has enjoyed their 17 pages of trouncing the mods.

I think Seahawks opening words are very wise.

Super Moderator

PostWed Apr 18, 2012 11:49 pm » by Seahawk

You guys that read this thread know now, that I never intended on leaving. It was just a minor part of our- now "questionably clever" April Fool's / PR joke/ (ok) Hoax - that was never intended to go on for quite so long. It was only supposed to be for [b]1 day.

That was my fault, and as I edit this post, am more fully realizing the significance of that mistake. Some of the brunt that the mods, and site has felt over this, is :? my fault. I was tired and was working two jobs on the day that I posted this thread. Between jobs, and following the plan discussed the previous night, I quickly logged on via my droid, posted the thread, and logged off. I didn't imagine (doh!) that the timeline would be moved forward once again. I inadvertently missed that update. Thus, the next step in the plan was initiated prematurely. I am thinking that I also owe the mods an apology for that one. :oops: Once the splash screen went up- that was only supposed to be up for 3-6 hours before 2.0 came onto line. As it happened, Lukas and the dev team had issues coming up left and right, and were working at breakneck speed to try to get it up when they did.

If "things" had gone "right," from the start, those who were totally angered by this- to the point of leaving- I think- would have been a little less angry, and a little more forgiving- us, our sin. I'm sorry that it took so long. If you wanna be mad at someone, you should be mad at me. It was my fault that you were exposed to it, way earlier then intended.

Although it's been said in the same, or different words, by Lukas, Spock, TTR2......I want to add my voice, and reiterate that none of us EVER wanted to hurt anyone, or alienate anyone, in any way. We got so excited about it, at times, in the build up, that some went a little over the edge of the intentions. We were excited, not because we wanted to make a fool of anyone, or test peoples limits, but because we wanted to bring this DTV 2.0 monster, home....to our family- here.

We were excited to be part of this family, and in being able to be part of the team trying to bring it about in a fun and edgy way- our plan.We were chomping at the bit, full of so much anticipation and excitement over the coming 2.0. And we were excited in being able to bring home to you- those that make this fantastic, wonderful and energetic site what it is.

My greatest regret, to date, about this whole thing, is the loss of some fun, insightful, and well respected members of this family. There were a few times that it got heavy with people threatening to leave, that I wanted to jump in, and say, Ok, hold it, don't do that, this is just a joke, don't go. I didn't want to spoil it for Lukas, or the mods, or for you guys. I didn't want to act without consulting the mod team, so I held back, hoping that all would go well, and that once all was said and done, that those angered, would call us a few endearing names, have a big laugh, slap me silly, and settle back into our new and improved cool-ass "Fort." As it stands, if some of those who left will not forgive us, will not come back, then that is a guilt that I will have to bare. What more can I do, then that which I've done? I'm sorry.

I was looking through videos to post here to give my words a little visual, and philosophical support. I came across a few of these, and while I was watching particular ones, I got a little choked up, thinking about you guys, this little community of ours, and what it has come to mean to me, and what you guys have come to mean to me. It is, like it or not, admit it or not, part of our lives. It was said by someone here- actually, probably by many here, over time- not in these exact words, but essentially, that it's only the internet, it's not real life, we're just detached physically from the whole thing, and it means.. not so much.

I beg to differ. Although we've been hearing similar expressions for some time mow- in the internet realm- still in it's toddler's stage, in the scope of time- I think the internet pundits still have a lot to learn, are still wet behind the ears, are still green, and in making such proclamations, they are undoubtedly- imo- putting the cart before the horse. Although, it might be true, that because of the internet, we have lost some part of our physical/ social interaction, and have suffered a loss(?) from it's introduction. I think about the gains, though, that aren't discussed in these diatribes of our losses, and can't help but feel that they are overlooking something more significant. That is, what happens in a place like this one. DTV.

We come here and discuss some really silly shit. We discuss some things funny, ridiculous, absurd. We discuss issues that are part of our collective history, that are part of our collective conscience, that are part of social construct, part of our philosophies. We discuss our varying philosophies, how they make use different from one another- how they make us the same. We discuss our beliefs in religion, in our personal and world politics, our beliefs in the universe. We discuss the effects of those things- personally, socially, globally. We discuss the mundane, the sensationalistic, the esoteric, our ideals, and societies fails, and we discuss the reflections of all of those things. We discuss so many other things that fail to come to mind at the moment. The point is that, along with the minor and insignificant, we discuss all that is important to us in our lives, and in the lives of those who will come after us.

Think about that for a minute. I think that's pretty damn significant. Don't you? That a global community of people are discussing all these things, here and now, together..How could anyone in their right mind, think of all of that as a loss?

That's not to say that we always get it right, or that we always come up with an answer, because we don't, and we don't. We know that. :P and, we accept it- for what it is. To me, the process, the interaction, the fighting, yelling, screaming, agreeing, disagreeing, the joking, the trolling, the discoveries, the fails, the p'owns, the love- the whole ball of wax- is so significant and so important to me, possibly to us, that I can't begin to describe it's total effect and importance- on me, to me. How can anyone call that a loss. A tiny, few will read this, and think, "Wow! How sad. What a looser, get a life, man. hahahaha" To those I say, what's sad, is that you feel and think that way. What's sad is that you are missing out on something wonderful and enlightening. What's sad is that you've become conditioned to become and remain "Cool"- at any means. What's sad, is that- in spite of your "coolness" you dwell in that mentality, that is limiting and self-defeating. What's sad, is that you're missing out on "All a DIS!!!, That's Right, Baby, Alllllllllll a DIS!!!!!!! (DTV 2.0) You missin' it. :lol:

More personally, I do wanna acknowledge the appreciation that I have for those of you who offered me support and encouragement in this thread. Despite my being a proper ass for eliciting those comments- in the realm of this whole "joke," I want you to know that regardless of this charade, just seeing those words- to me- in any context, made me a better person, and I appreciate you guys for that- from my heart, guys. That, withstanding, I am really sorry for that aspect of the whole "goings-on." I hope that you will forgive me for that.

To those of you who left, because of this, I implore you to come back. I'm sorry that this made you so angry, to the point that you have left us. I do feel my part of the responsible for that, and I accept that. I just ask that you reconsider, and to forgive me. I cannot speak for my fellow mods, but I'm pretty sure most, if not all, feel similarly. Forgive us.

Please note the lyrics- they are so significant to us.

Upload to Disclose.tv

Duem. Come back, Buddy. And the rest of you, too. :cry:

To us. Us, against those against us. Let's stay together. We need each other.

Upload to Disclose.tv

To those alphabet agencies that DO exist. As part of my LAWFUL RIGHT of Freedom of Speech, I say FUCK YOU!!!!!!! Bring it!

"A global community of people are discussing all these things, here and now, together"

Before the internet, that beautiful possibility was only a dream. Now. it is here, right before us, in our hands. It's freaking amazing, and it's ours!!!! Let's protect it.

Upload to Disclose.tv

additionally

In that whole time that I couldn't post, I reached a point in which I could not contain myself. I should let you know about my new, one and only alter....

sigma chi

Before anyone gets mad about this, please note that sigmachi did not contribute, in any way, to our public relations nightmare. :mrcool:

Despite some of the negative results of the event, you have to admit there were some pretty cool moments when it was in it's peak.

The whole think(g) over at GLP had some hilarious moments. The K-files got it wrong when they suggested that all the mods participated in that, as a collective. Far as I know, there were only two of the mods, and I don't think that they did anything really awful or evil there, either. Some of it was fucking magic. I had to laugh when I read someone there- even though I did not leave one post in that thread- refer to me as "a dick." I was like :shock: :o :? :headscratch: :think: :lol: :flop:

:mrcool:

I was gonna go back and screen shot it for a sig, but when I went back the next day, I found that they had deleted the whole 20 + page thread. Must have been too :oops: for them.

At one point, I visited the DTV chat that I got linked to from some obscure web-site post- where they were discussing the whole issue. I wanted to log in and join the golden convo, but it only allows 10 people at a time, so I could never get in. Anyway, someone here referred to it as gold. It was. It was awesome- in a fun way. It was like this, Dom -Vs- "the ones seeking truth." :P
but no one got hurt. No one "lost." :pray:

Upload to Disclose.tv

Good to be back! I hope you guys are loving the new diggs. I am. I know that Lukas and the devs are still working to resolve the current issues.

To you all :pray: for being great sports! :cheers: :hugging:

Great Job, Lukas!!! Thank you. :cheers:

Upload to Disclose.tv

We gather knowledge faster than we gather wisdom. - William Bell

Conspirator

PostThu Apr 19, 2012 12:10 am » by Flecktarn

:hiho: back hawk ,,not that you realy left :lol: :cheers: :cheers:
ImageImage

Conspirator

PostThu Apr 19, 2012 1:01 am » by Fatdogmendoza

Aaaaahh man hawk you are a real softie at heart.... Im glad you are still around bro...I might live to regret that one day :D
Canubis wrote:slith dont b A noob.. u r my no 1 mo fo

Super Moderator

PostThu Apr 19, 2012 1:12 am » by Spock

Wow Hawk - you just knocked another one out of the park.

EXCELLENT POST! :flop:

Super Moderator

PostThu Apr 19, 2012 2:49 am » by Slith

Hawk, You da man. Don't ever knock what you did. It was all in fun, and those who see it differently, need a reality check.

Prost man

marnysad wrote:How to Pee a Brain Injury Rectification Involve Brain hurt

Conspirator

PostThu Apr 19, 2012 3:20 am » by 44z44

Glad your back in dtv seahawk,but dtv must have lost alot of old members/forum lurkers/video section members after they logged in dtv and seen the seized image,was not worth it i-m-o.

Upload to Disclose.tv

“Three things can not hide for long: the Moon,the Sun,and the Truth.”

― Hermann Hesse

Super Moderator

PostThu Apr 19, 2012 3:29 am » by Slith

44z44 wrote:Glad your back in dtv seahawk,but dtv must have lost alot of old members/forum lurkers/video section members after they logged in dtv and seen the seized image,was not worth it i-m-o.

If they left . they'll come back. No worries zaff

marnysad wrote:How to Pee a Brain Injury Rectification Involve Brain hurt

Conspirator

PostThu Apr 19, 2012 3:33 am » by 44z44

dlslith wrote:
44z44 wrote:Glad your back in dtv seahawk,but dtv must have lost alot of old members/forum lurkers/video section members after they logged in dtv and seen the seized image,was not worth it i-m-o.

If they left . they'll come back. No worries zaff

But dtv members like deuem work in dtv will never be back.

Upload to Disclose.tv

“Three things can not hide for long: the Moon,the Sun,and the Truth.”

― Hermann Hesse

PreviousNext

Visit Disclose.tv on Facebook