Overpopulation is a Myth

Master Conspirator

PostThu May 06, 2010 3:31 pm » by Drjones

Guys i think it is time to know as FACT the world is not overpopulated,as for food,well if we all started to become knowledgable about growing our own fruit and veg etc in our back yards then there would be no major problems EVER.The problem with the world is the way it is run for profit,people are under mass hypnosis...they would'nt know how to plant a seed and alook after it and watch it grown it's that bad....anyway the way the world is 'run' is no morality or what is best for the Earth,we can only push mother Earth so far at we are at the edge right now...it's time to choose,ignorance or action...the equation of what we take from the Earth and what is being replensihed is going out of balance,there's going to be hell to pay,the best thing to do is to stop buying so much shite,that is the real issue,we are GREEDY beyond belief and all anyone wants is MORE... :help:

Writer

PostThu May 06, 2010 6:38 pm » by Generic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuvGpMevLPU

what stage we're at is debatable... but in the end, it's the way all species life cycles work. The concept of 2.1 children sound good on paper, but the human growth rate far exceeds this. I'm not for "un-natural" population reduction... but we could stand to use a generation or two of natural levelling off. If we were any other species on earth, humans would be looking for a serious cull.

Many will be familiar with the video below, but it's always worth linking. The thing we have to understand about exponential growth, is simply that the environment won't allow it to continue. "Something" has to happen, if the growth of the 1950's was continuing onward, there would be more people then dry land in a couple hundred years... As the good professor in the video points out, we can let nature do it's work, or we can decide for our selfs what direction to take, but unrestrained population growth is simply not an option.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-QA2rkpBSY

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... _curve.svg
There's a hockey stick for you.

my 2c

Conspirator

PostThu May 06, 2010 6:55 pm » by Phaeton

Fully agree.

Mother earth, technology and a big pinch of intelligence / wisdom will be able to sustain a lot more than the present 6.7684 billion or so impo. No problem there whatsoever. Its not only a myth, its a bleepin' fraud. I think a lot of lives are being cut short by this misguided overpopulation mindset.
"Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music"
"All our science measured against reality, is primitive and childlike - yet, in contemporary consensus, its the most precious thing we have"

Upload to Disclose.tv

Conspirator

PostThu May 06, 2010 7:00 pm » by Chronicnerd

Who put this video together? We need to find out...because I smell *fish*.

In 1750 there were an estimate 791 million people on the planet
In 1800 there were an estimate 978 million people on the planet
In 1850 there were an estimate 1,262 million people on the planet
In 1900 there were an estimate 1,650 million people on the planet
In 1950 there were an estimate 2,521 million people on the planet
In 1999 there were an estimate 5,978 million people on the planet
In 2008 there were an estimate 6,707 million people on the planet

I don't know about you guys, but the logic in the video seemed a lot like the logic found in the "Story about Stuff"....which was literally nothing more than propaganda based lies about how our government works. They use the "quick image" and "logical connection" of words...without any real numbers...as if you should just "take their word" for what they are saying.

Upload to Disclose.tv

So, looking at the numbers...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_population

I would say our population is *growing*...how does this math work out with the video posted here? According to the video...we should have *leveled off if not declined* in population...but the numbers show the complete opposite. You can find several hundred websites that graph population expansion...and then you have this video...with no numbers...no references...just stick figures?

Uhmmm... is it just me...or does that smell like more propaganda BS from the liberal minded folks?

Initiate

PostThu May 06, 2010 7:16 pm » by Unitb166er

I say "there are to many wolves! This is causing disruption in order and impairing the productivity of the masses.We have to call a culling of the wolves!I hereby charge the Illuminati and the human controllers with the unforgivable sin of incompetence and mismanagement! If you say you are our masters then you are directly and legally culpable for all waste in YOUR DEPARTMENT! You are absolutely incapable of mastering ANYTHING INCLUDING YOUR SELVES!YOU SIRS ARE FIRED WITH NO SEVERANCE AND NO BENEFITS!PLEASE LEAVE THE PLANET IMMEDIATELY!"

:hugging: :hugging: :hugging: :hugging: :hugging: :hugging: :hugging:
:shooting: :shooting: :shooting: :shooting: :shooting: :shooting:
:hell: :hell: :hell: :hell: :hell: :hell: :hell: :hell: :hell: :hell: :hell:
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Designed To Give A Damn!

Master Conspirator

PostThu May 06, 2010 7:18 pm » by Drjones

phaeton wrote:Fully agree.

Mother earth, technology and a big pinch of intelligence / wisdom will be able to sustain a lot more than the present 6.7684 billion or so impo. No problem there whatsoever. Its not only a myth, its a bleepin' fraud. I think a lot of lives are being cut short by this misguided overpopulation mindset.

Aslong as our controllers have got us feeling bad about ourselves in some way they are never satisifed,it's getting to ridiculous levels these days,especially since Obama 'the saviour' has labelled co2 the most life giving gas in the history of planet Earth a hazardous substance.. :help:

Conspirator

PostThu May 06, 2010 7:25 pm » by Phaeton

drjones wrote:Guys i think it is time to know as FACT the world is not overpopulated,as for food,well if we all started to become knowledgable about growing our own fruit and veg etc in our back yards then there would be no major problems EVER.The problem with the world is the way it is run for profit,people are under mass hypnosis...they would'nt know how to plant a seed and alook after it and watch it grown it's that bad....anyway the way the world is 'run' is no morality or what is best for the Earth,we can only push mother Earth so far at we are at the edge right now...it's time to choose,ignorance or action...the equation of what we take from the Earth and what is being replensihed is going out of balance,there's going to be hell to pay,the best thing to do is to stop buying so much shite,that is the real issue,we are GREEDY beyond belief and all anyone wants is MORE... :help:

Exactly Doc, we are (on the whole) helpless consumers utterly dependant on a capitalist consumer (wastefull, damaging) society. Self sufficiency and moderation are almost cuss words these days. Just imagine what would happen if the supermarket was to close by cause of a major calamity. All these helpless consumers.. :ohno: The horror :nails:

Indeed, if we'd all had a little piece of land (garden even). If we'd all know how to cultivate fruits and vegetables and have the ability to do so. That alone would be a large step into a 'sustainable' large global population. Add some green tech to that equation and theres step two.. We need to get rid of this Western capitalist consumer society asap. This is the real unsustainable and undesirable phenomenon, not overpopulation.
"Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music"
"All our science measured against reality, is primitive and childlike - yet, in contemporary consensus, its the most precious thing we have"

Upload to Disclose.tv

Master Conspirator

PostThu May 06, 2010 7:32 pm » by Drjones

phaeton wrote:
drjones wrote:Guys i think it is time to know as FACT the world is not overpopulated,as for food,well if we all started to become knowledgable about growing our own fruit and veg etc in our back yards then there would be no major problems EVER.The problem with the world is the way it is run for profit,people are under mass hypnosis...they would'nt know how to plant a seed and alook after it and watch it grown it's that bad....anyway the way the world is 'run' is no morality or what is best for the Earth,we can only push mother Earth so far at we are at the edge right now...it's time to choose,ignorance or action...the equation of what we take from the Earth and what is being replensihed is going out of balance,there's going to be hell to pay,the best thing to do is to stop buying so much shite,that is the real issue,we are GREEDY beyond belief and all anyone wants is MORE... :help:

Exactly Doc, we are (on the whole) helpless consumers utterly dependant on a capitalist consumer (wastefull, damaging) society. Self sufficiency and moderation are almost cuss words these days. Just imagine what would happen if the supermarket was to close by cause of a major calamity. All these helpless consumers.. :ohno: The horror :nails:

Indeed, if we'd all had a little piece of land (garden even). If we'd all knew how to cultivate fruits and vegetables and have the ability to do so. That alone would be a large step into a 'sustainable' large global population. Add some green tech to that equation and theres step two.. We need to get rid of this Western capitalist consumer society asap. This is the real unsustainable and undesirable phenomenon, not overpopulation.

Absolutely m8,i'm just back in from surveying the garden,getting ideas from the big beyond,looking up to the big sky,the sun and thinking WOW what is this life all about you know,anyway got some great ideas for an expansion for the drjones garden for next year,a wooden fence is going up,so that i can use this to attatch more fruit tress,cucumbers like to climb,whatever...i'm going to dig back the soil,this will give me another 4 foot wide by 20 feet in length piece of land for more produce,whatever that will be...I'm definetely going to fit as much as i can into my small 20foot by 35 foot garden,it's not that big but it can be so productive,i actually had too many beetroots last year,SO said to my elderly neighbour ;yuppie' i'm sorry to say...'HEY' fancy some of these beets for free...she was like...NO...looked at me as if i was mental,i was like SCREW YOU,totally insane.Anyway i now have a great juicer so NOTHING will be going to waste in the drjones garden...which is always going to be a work in progress...i still have another 3 years approx before my apple and pears trees produce,can't bleedin wait for that day..that's gonna be epic!!I'm also toying with the idea of having my own chickens... :think: seriously..'cock a doodle doo ' :lol:

Conspirator

PostThu May 06, 2010 7:35 pm » by Phaeton

unitb166er wrote:I say "there are to many wolves! This is causing disruption in order and impairing the productivity of the masses.We have to call a culling of the wolves!I hereby charge the Illuminati and the human controllers with the unforgivable sin of incompetence and mismanagement! If you say you are our masters then you are directly and legally culpable for all waste in YOUR DEPARTMENT! You are absolutely incapable of mastering ANYTHING INCLUDING YOUR SELVES!YOU SIRS ARE FIRED WITH NO SEVERANCE AND NO BENEFITS!PLEASE LEAVE THE PLANET IMMEDIATELY!"

:hugging: :hugging: :hugging: :hugging: :hugging: :hugging: :hugging:
:shooting: :shooting: :shooting: :shooting: :shooting: :shooting:
:hell: :hell: :hell: :hell: :hell: :hell: :hell: :hell: :hell: :hell: :hell:
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Leave the planet?! Nono.. I want their souls. :hell: Theyre not getting away, noway.

Upload to Disclose.tv

Conspirator

PostThu May 06, 2010 7:44 pm » by Phaeton

drjones wrote:
phaeton wrote:

Indeed, if we'd all had a little piece of land (garden even). If we'd all knew how to cultivate fruits and vegetables and have the ability to do so. That alone would be a large step into a 'sustainable' large global population. Add some green tech to that equation and theres step two.. We need to get rid of this Western capitalist consumer society asap. This is the real unsustainable and undesirable phenomenon, not overpopulation.

Absolutely m8,i'm just back in from surveying the garden,getting ideas from the big beyond,looking up to the big sky,the sun and thinking WOW what is this life all about you know,anyway got some great ideas for an expansion for the drjones garden for next year,a wooden fence is going up,so that i can use this to attatch more fruit tress,cucumbers like to climb,whatever...i'm going to dig back the soil,this will give me another 4 foot wide by 20 feet in length piece of land for more produce,whatever that will be...I'm definetely going to fit as much as i can into my small 20foot by 35 foot garden,it's not that big but it can be so productive,i actually had too many beetroots last year,SO said to my elderly neighbour ;yuppie' i'm sorry to say...'HEY' fancy some of these beets for free...she was like...NO...looked at me as if i was mental,i was like SCREW YOU,totally insane.Anyway i now have a great juicer so NOTHING will be going to waste in the drjones garden...which is always going to be a work in progress...i still have another 3 years approx before my apple and pears trees produce,can't bleedin wait for that day..that's gonna be epic!!I'm also toying with the idea of having my own chickens... :think: seriously..'cock a doodle doo ' :lol:

Im jealous Doc, I sneak out my appartment to secretly plant potato plants in the land next to my appartmentbuilding. Maybe ill rent a little piece of land some of these days..
What do you treat the ground you use with dude? Any special shit you put in there (literally maybe :D )? I personally think thats one of the most important things (of the controllable aspects anyway, unlike the weather), the quality / contents of the soil, but thats quite obvious.
So, any special additives? Tricks of the trade maybe? ;)

PS Id get chickens if I could, why the hell not. 'Free' egg producing machines. Id take the vocal cords outta the Cock though :D
Last edited by Phaeton on Thu May 06, 2010 7:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Upload to Disclose.tv

PreviousNext