Overpopulation is a Myth

Initiate

PostThu May 06, 2010 7:45 pm » by nm156

I agree the population is not the problem, I think it is how the land has been treated. We have managed to contaminate everything, clean water and soil is becomeing hard to find.
Anything of interest always comes at ones expense.

jetxvii

PostThu May 06, 2010 9:08 pm » by jetxvii

Great Post Illuminated, this is something I always thought and always like to discuss with people. with the rouge of overpopulation people then tend to think in terms of:

Pollution rate.

Money and the economy.

lack of land and resources from that land (LOL)

and as the video showed age difference between those that can have children, those that have already had children, and those that are either too old or can't have children or don't want to.

like Dr. Jones said, it is a scare tactic mostly because of the reasons I listed above and other people have mentioned here.

it is almost like they want to have an individual in society to hate other individuals and be a self hating human because they are responsible for all the world problems...

well not me.

Initiate

PostThu May 06, 2010 10:21 pm » by Slowlyawakening

Industrialization curbs population growth according the U.N.'s latest report on population. At around 2050, it will stabilize at 9 billion. The U.S. alone could feed most of the world. But due to the incredible mismanagement and manipulation, food production is being crippled. There are also food product biofuels to contend with as well.

Conspirator

PostThu May 06, 2010 10:57 pm » by Eaganthorn

There is a chemical process to consider when discussing over population. Each species of life alters the chemical composition of the environment in a unique manner. Each does something different from the next and each to a variable and/or distinguishable degree of intensity. Currently and for the past 50 years or so, every species of life on earth is now completely dependant and at the mercy of man on virtually every level. In as such that there is no longer any place on earth that isn’t effected by the actions and consequences of man in one way or another.

Just thought I would mention it, but please, carry on....
Science is truth, God is truth, therefore

God is Science.

All religions were written by men, to control the hearts and minds of other men.

Conspirator

PostFri May 07, 2010 12:31 am » by Chronicnerd

There is a saying, I read this somewhere...perhaps the book "The Tipping Point" is what comes to mind...however this was the "generalized" theory:

You own a piece of land with a pond on it.
One day, you decide to populate it with lily-pads, however this lily-pad is *special* and replicates exactly *one* lily-pad per existing pad per day.
Over time, the lily-pads fill up the pond to exactly *half* of the surface area of your pond.
The next day you walk out...and your pond is completely covered...with lily-pads.

The point behind this 'concept' is that there is this "tipping point" in every system...whether it is thermal break down, energy depletion, *special lily-pads*, or what have you... each system has a specific "tipping point" where there is a "point of no return".

Our planet has X amount of minerals and resources...it doesn't re-create these resources...they just are...they don't "multiply" nor do they "increase in numbers"...it is a *fixed* value that is the total sum of resources on this planet.

Ok...fine...there are certain processes, like biological decay, that recycles specific elements as well creates more complex resources...but that is not above "entropy"...it is well below it...just the numbers are *really big* and as such the rate of *resource decay* is definitely reduced...but that "recycling" too has a decay rate...everything has a rate of decay in this universe...I think it is like a law or the like.

The point is this:
All it would take to "topple" our system...is a major medical break through...say a cure for all types of cancer, the ability to grow our own organs, and I think I could go on and on with this...you get the general idea...our technology is reaching a point (especially with the human gnome/dna mapping complete) that we very well could create "medical technology/advancements" in the very near future that *drastically* changes everything.

Right now we have roughly 7 Billion people living on this planet...if we were to...say...come up with a medical break through that extends the life expectancy from the 70's up to say... the 150's or 200's... well... would you think we were over populated then?

All numbers are based on "historical" evidence...which means that today and tomorrow...they do not account for... and as such there could come a time, in the near future, where something very close to this "break through" could occur... and then...were does this leave us?

It leaves us with 7 Billion people...who could hang around for another 100 years...(to be fair...let's cut that number down in half to 3.5 Billion people)... this means... those 3.5 billion people would have an additional 100 years to have more kids...and their kids...would have upwards of 200 years to create more kids... do you think people would have more kids if they had a 200 year life expectancy?

There isn't just one elephant in the room, so to speak, but rather there is a herd of elephants and this is one of them...and no one wants to really *look* at the issue because we all know what the answer to solving the issue is...population control...and due to fictional books as well as ingrained fears of "big brother" and of course the religious beliefs issue...no one wants to talk about it.

We make people get certified to give CPR, drive a car, fly a plane, and all sorts of things... because all of these things are *important* and *can affect people around you*...so of course you need a license to do this...however bring a new life into the world? No way...anyone can have a kid...crack addicts...people who financially cannot afford children...and just flat out people who need more life experience before being really mature enough to raise a child...let them ALL bring new life into this world...and what do we get?

We get a large % of our population that are not well educated, have mental/health issues, have bad moral judgment due to bad role models, and most end up in jobs they don't like or end up in jail.

All of this...ends up being footed by the people who might have only had one child as opposed to two (because they knew it was too expensive)...or by people who didn't have children at all...and by anyone who actually works as opposed to collects welfare...

So...population...7 Billion... I don't know guys... I know the above sounds "illuminati" or "big brother" or whatever...but...the reality is... we got a problem...and it has to do with the fact that *ANYONE* can have a child...but hey...don't you dare get into a car without having a drivers license first!

Seems a little *crazy* if you ask me...but then again...that is just my opinion...
:peep:

Conspirator

PostFri May 07, 2010 1:41 am » by Illuminated

-

Overpopulation the making of a Myth

[youtube]vZVOU5bfHrM&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZVOU5bf ... r_embedded

this is interesting & totally relevant & linked.
[youtube]75ot5t9Nvl4&feature=related[/youtube]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75ot5t9N ... re=related
Restoring Sanity and or Keeping Fear Alive! :wink:

Initiate

PostFri May 07, 2010 2:05 am » by Knurrebusk

Are you FK kidding me!
It´s all a balance, in the future perhaps we need to work hard to multiply, but to spread more like rats, are you insane!!!

Perhaps we´ll set a goal of 10 kids per family to counter the muslims, much better then war ehh?
It will end in horror, and rats eating rats, end of Human history.

The only perfekt stupidity that make me go tatally on a rage.

Conspirator

PostFri May 07, 2010 3:18 am » by sockpuppet

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_co ... ility_rate

The list is in order from highest to lowest. You can compare populations and actual growth rates of the countries with their birthrates. Except for Niger and Nigeria where the population really is growing exponentially, most of the babies born don't make it to the age of majority. And the one country with the most... China... has a birthrate that is so low, that in 20-30 years we will start to see the population of China actually SHRINK.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouyVS6HOFeo

Conspirator

PostFri May 07, 2010 5:57 am » by Illuminated

people really need to check out - the u.n's , who's , cfr's Agenda 21 sustainable development

[youtube]TzEEgtOFFlM&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzEEgtOF ... r_embedded

the last minute of this - Bill Gates Wants 15-20% Depopulation Through Vaccines, healthcare & reproductive services
[youtube]-0gvDkVcFkI&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0gvDkVc ... r_embedded

Looks like Supreme Court justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg isn’t the only one who’s been channeling abortion champion/eugenicist Margaret Sanger.
(link to that story: http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=c97_1247284416 )

Internet sleuth Zombie has a new report on John Holdren, President Obama’s science czar:
Forced abortions. Mass sterilization. A “Planetary Regime” with the power of life and death over American citizens.

The tyrannical fantasies of a madman? Or merely the opinions of the person now in control of science policy in the United States? Or both?

These ideas (among many other equally horrifying recommendations) were put forth by John Holdren, whom Barack Obama has recently appointed Director of the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy, Assistant to the President for Science and Technology, and Co-Chair of the President’s Council of Advisors on Science and Technology — informally known as the United States’ Science Czar. In a book Holdren co-authored in 1977, the man now firmly in control of science policy in this country wrote that:

• Women could be forced to abort their pregnancies, whether they wanted to or not;

• The population at large could be sterilized by infertility drugs intentionally put into the nation’s drinking water or in food;

• Single mothers and teen mothers should have their babies seized from them against their will and given away to other couples to raise;

• People who “contribute to social deterioration” (i.e. undesirables) “can be required by law to exercise reproductive responsibility” — in other words, be compelled to have abortions or be sterilized.

• A transnational “Planetary Regime” should assume control of the global economy and also dictate the most intimate details of Americans’ lives — using an armed international police force.

Impossible, you say? That must be an exaggeration or a hoax. No one in their right mind would say such things.

Well, I hate to break the news to you, but it is no hoax, no exaggeration. John Holdren really did say those things, and this report contains the proof. Below you will find photographs, scans, and transcriptions of pages in the book Ecoscience, co-authored in 1977 by John Holdren and his close colleagues Paul Ehrlich and Anne Ehrlich. The scans and photos are provided to supply conclusive evidence that the words attributed to Holdren are unaltered and accurately transcribed.

Quote:
John Holdren, Obama's Science Czar, says:
Forced abortions and mass sterilization needed to save the planet

Book he authored in 1977 advocates for extreme totalitarian measures to control the population
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=ff5_1247275192

report-biofuel-caused-food-crisis
http://www.disclose.tv/forum/guardian-secret-report-biofuel-caused-food-crisis-t19602.html?hilit=%20biofuel%20caused%20food%20crisis

[youtube]-Q1oDmANIXc&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Q1oDmAN ... r_embedded
Restoring Sanity and or Keeping Fear Alive! :wink:

Initiate

PostFri May 07, 2010 6:47 am » by Knurrebusk

I´m sorry to have to refer to a very lonly donkey man, the soon dead King of Siam.
Do you know anything about Sustainability, and every spirits right to a deasent life.

I can tell you of Norway´s future if that mindset was to be followed, the next 100 years.
We would be a tiny giant in most of the worlds cultures, but we think like you.

We need young people to take care of all the rich old people with spoiled children.
We inhale 1 to exhale 6 later, do you think this will keep it all up?

Alternative, we become like Hitler, start a forced program, will it help Afrika/India/China?
With enthusiasm 4mill become 12mill white brilliant overlords, will it help?

Can you do math?, I´m not obnoxious with any of you , just angry at the lack of power people like Alexander The Great had in abundance.

I do spell bad, but I can do my math, wanna argue with the future of oil?
There is a reason the stockmarked is so nervous, even if they are mostly remote to it all.

PreviousNext