Palestinians to renew UN statehood bid

Master Conspirator

PostThu Nov 29, 2012 7:04 am » by *WillEase*

Published on Nov 28, 2012 by AlJazeeraEnglish

The Palestinians have been "permanent observers" at the general assembly since 1974. They are now seeking to upgrade their status to a non-member observer state, putting it in the same category as the Vatican.

Upload to Disclose.tv

The site owner Lukas said I could show you how to makes hundreds of dollars in your spare time like I do.
If you would like to get yours too, PM me and I WILL hook you up.

Master Conspirator

PostThu Nov 29, 2012 12:53 pm » by *WillEase*

Published on Nov 29, 2012 by RussiaToday

Palestinians are eagerly anticipating the UN vote that could lead to the territory being granted statehood. The autonomy is hoping to be upgraded from 'observer' status to that of a 'non-member observer state'. And there appears to be international support for the proposal despite strong opposition from Israel and the United States.

Upload to Disclose.tv

The site owner Lukas said I could show you how to makes hundreds of dollars in your spare time like I do.

Master Conspirator

PostThu Nov 29, 2012 12:55 pm » by *WillEase*

One of the biggest questions concerning the possible recognition of Palestinian statehood at the UN is whether that will put the peace process with Israel back on track...

Upload to Disclose.tv

Super Moderator

PostThu Nov 29, 2012 2:43 pm » by Slith

You had to know the U.S and Israel would oppose this. I would imagine the rest of the western powers will follow that road, and as usual, China, Russia etc, will oppose them. Do they ever tire of this?

No!

Conspirator

PostThu Nov 29, 2012 4:25 pm » by Tjahzi

a lot of EU countries are gonna vote yes, including belgium.

huzah

Initiate

PostThu Nov 29, 2012 5:55 pm » by Umbrex

if this happens, and they in time get full membership, israel can be charged with crimes against humanity :flop:

how humane is it, that you have to be member of a particular club to get basic rights.

fuck the UN, it's a rockefeller organization.

ghadaffi said it best: it's a club of 5 bloody(no uk pun, bloody as bloody) countries.

for an organization whos purpose is to promote peace and prevent war, 65 in almost as many years is a joke.

Super Moderator

PostThu Nov 29, 2012 6:03 pm » by Slith

Umbrex wrote:if this happens, and they in time get full membership, israel can be charged with crimes against humanity :flop:

how humane is it, that you have to be member of a particular club to get basic rights.

fuck the UN, it's a rockefeller organization.

ghadaffi said it best: it's a club of 5 bloody(no uk pun, bloody as bloody) countries.

for an organization whos purpose is to promote peace and prevent war, 65 in almost as many years is a joke.

Good point. And if Palestine becomes a rocognized state, does that make them eligible to apply to be a full member?

Initiate

PostThu Nov 29, 2012 6:25 pm » by Umbrex

i dont know the mechanics exactly, but its a step forward in the process.

i think thats why israel seems to be pulling all the strings they can to prevent this.

i'm still very skeptic of the lone nut breivik case, given the fact, that norway was one of the prime pro palestine countries

not saying there's a connection for sure, but the timing and inconsistencies from witnesses who saw more than one shooter makes me raise my brows (the first vote was right around that time)

Master Conspirator

PostThu Nov 29, 2012 10:18 pm » by *WillEase*

The Palestine Authority expects broad support of the enhanced status amongst the international community, with the Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO) is claiming more than 130 countries now grant the Palestinians the rank of a sovereign state. To get Israel's perspective RT talks to Alex Selsky, press secretary for the Israeli Prime Minister.

Upload to Disclose.tv

Master Conspirator

PostThu Nov 29, 2012 10:40 pm » by *WillEase*

Published on Nov 29, 2012 by AlJazeeraEnglish

Simple majority vote in 193-member General Assembly would be enough to bestow non-member observer status.

Upload to Disclose.tv

Next