Papa Legba is the intermediary between the loa and humanity.

Conspirator

PostSat Jul 21, 2012 3:00 pm » by Iamthatiam

Legba has his origins with the Fon people of Dahomey (Benin) Africa and is said to be the guardian and trickster of the crossroads and entrances. He is one of the most widely worshipped loas and is known by several names. In Surinam in Brazil he is known as Exu, in Trinidad, in Cuba he is known as Elegua, and in Haiti and New Orleans he is known as Papa Legba. Papa Legba is the master linguist, the trickster, warrior, and the personal messenger of destiny. He has the power to remove obstacles and he provides opportunities. All ceremonies begin and end with Papa Legba, and there can be no communication with any of the other loas without consulting him first. His gift for linguistics enables him to translate the requests of humans into the languages of the spirits and loas.

Upload to Disclose.tv

Papa Legba’s colors are red and black (as worshipped in New Orleans), and some of his favorite things that can be used as offerings include, candy, cigars, rum, and tobacco. He absolutely loves palm oil. His number is three and his day of the week is Monday.

Papa Legba walks with the black sun. He is very powerful as his tales manifest in the crossroads between the visible and the invisible worlds. He is the first to open the doors to the spirit world when called upon, and has the power to remove obstacles. Among many other things, he is known as a storyteller.

Likened to St. Michael and St. Peter, Legba is the guardian and opener of the crossroads of the world. His colors are red and black. His favorite foods are corn, candy, and rum.

Voodoo practitioners place representations of Papa Legba behind the front door of their home in order to clear their path in many ways and to bring His protection and to help accomplish goals.

Song and Dance for Orisha Elegba from the 17th annual African Street Festival

Upload to Disclose.tv

"The Heaven's Lights are fed by the energy generated inside the furnaces of Hell; I AM One Conductive Wire! "

Conspirator

PostSat Jul 21, 2012 4:10 pm » by Cosmine

Hi,bro!
It seem to me chat those macumba gods are the entities im fighting.
A lot of the humans possesed by archontic spirits (i mean TOTALY possesed) are

Conspirator

PostSat Jul 21, 2012 4:23 pm » by Cosmine

Édit:cell phone bug
...are on front line to fight me...whit satanists and junkies.
Ex:About three years ago i "killed" their god of war,since then theres been rumors of wars,but no new war did start.

Not sure it's related,whats your take on my opinion?

:cheers:

Conspirator

PostTue Jul 24, 2012 12:01 am » by Iamthatiam

Cosmine wrote:Édit:cell phone bug
...are on front line to fight me...whit satanists and junkies.
Ex:About three years ago i "killed" their god of war,since then theres been rumors of wars,but no new war did start.

Not sure it's related,whats your take on my opinion?

These egregores are totaly Lemurian, built from witchcraft, not high magic, never less powerful, tho...On the contrary, it is proner in impacting Mankind's psyche, as the last is strictly connected with the Astral Plane, whereas Mankind should be developing the Causative Body's awareness (Higher Mental, or Abstract...The 5th, from downside up). A developed Human has its consciousness based on his 4th body, the Mental, but it was supposed to have it operating from the 5th...Only those considered "Masters" have them awareness projected from the 5th, and above states of existence!

How you've been, mate?

"The Heaven's Lights are fed by the energy generated inside the furnaces of Hell; I AM One Conductive Wire! "

Conspirator

PostTue Jul 24, 2012 12:18 am » by Svaha

Tricksters, clowns or Heyoka's are perhaps the most powerful 'shamans' because they show how ridiculous the world is we live in.
This trickster is also inside yourself, it's a part of you that can show you how ridiculous the set of rules is you have constructed and that you must obey, thus helping you to open up to new roads, don't take life so serious.

It doesn't take a ritual to come into contact with your trickster part like described in the op, just a chair where you can sit on and be the trickster.
Follow your bliss(ters) - Joseph Campbell

Conspirator

PostTue Jul 24, 2012 12:46 am » by Iamthatiam

Svaha wrote:It doesn't take a ritual to come into contact with your trickster part like described in the op, just a chair where you can sit on and be the trickster.

True! Supposedly, human mind should be free to wander these Inner Realms you refer...Although the collective limitations make it harder than we'd like, aye? You know as well as myself the impacting factor of these, and that it shouldn't be underestimated, nor ignored...It is like ignoring "Gravity"!

Conspirator

PostTue Jul 24, 2012 1:49 pm » by Cosmine

Hello Iam,im recovering from poisoning,i ll gave you some more details when i bring my "journal" up today...for a debrefing...lol.

Initiate

PostTue Jul 24, 2012 6:20 pm » by Edgar 2.0

Svaha wrote:Tricksters, clowns or Heyoka's are perhaps the most powerful 'shamans' because they show how ridiculous the world is we live in.
This trickster is also inside yourself, it's a part of you that can show you how ridiculous the set of rules is you have constructed and that you must obey, thus helping you to open up to new roads, don't take life so serious.

It doesn't take a ritual to come into contact with your trickster part like described in the op, just a chair where you can sit on and be the trickster.

And let me add a tiny bit...

Vodou, and especially the New World's syncretised derivations of the original Dahomey set of beliefs, are ever evolving. They do allow the interaction between the People and God, yet they are of firmly determined hierarchy.

The point is that you don't find your Lwa. Lwa finds you.

Almost like the stupid Chuck Norris e-mail joke :

Q: What's Chuck Norris' e-mail address?
A: gmail@chucknorris.com

:roll:

Anyways, due to ever evolving nature of Vodou, there's also a great amount of confusion in the symbolism, appearance and the nature of different Lwas.

For example, Legba in Dahomeian Vodou was always depicted as a young guy, strong and potent. Due to melange with the Christianity in the Antilles, Legba became (because of its psychological meaning ) connected with St. Michael and the other Christian saints, thus depicted as a lame old person. Of course, equipped with local pricey goods, such as rum, tobacco or whatever else.

Further, we must be aware of the dual (not dualistic) role of the Lwas. They all have their lamb-ish and their wolf-ish nature. Which makes them contextually opposite in the way of influence to the people.

The main point the western people must understand is the role of Lwas in Vodou pantheon.
The different Lwas were created by the Grand Mét, the equivalent of the G.A.O.T.U. It's no wonder that Alfred Métraux noticed the similarities between Masonic and Vodou sets ( :D ). He created the Lwas in order to make Him more accesible to the people. And technically, the people do not worship the Lwas, they serve them.

Lwas are not Gods. The closest explanation of Lwas, in comparison with the Christian set, would be that they are a sort of Angels.

And what we must understand is that the realm of God is not the realm of the Afterlife. The Lwas are able to take care of the both while the person is still alive. Hence the possesions, trance rituals, etc.

Legba is the one that transcends People to the realm of God. Not necesarrily the realm of other Lwas.

That's why westerners confuse Legbas with. let's say, Baron Samedi and the Ghedes, which are the ones who transcend the people in the realm of Death and Afterlife.