Patent Office Forces E-Cat Self-Destruct Capability

Initiate

PostThu Jun 09, 2011 2:05 am » by Acee22

My associate, Hank Mills, composed this for PESN.
To preserve intellectual property and trade secrets, Andrea Rossi is being forced to design a self destruct mechanism to be built into every E-Cat (Energy Catalyzer) used by the public. This could delay the public (non-industrial) launch of the technology.

Andrea Rossi's cold fusion E-Cat (Energy Catalyzer) technology is based on hard science, but is nothing short of a miracle. It provides a technology that could completely solve the world's energy crisis. The E-Cat consumes tiny amounts of cheap fuel (nickel and hydrogen), and produce huge amounts of energy for long periods of time. It does so without generating any pollution, radioactivity, or nuclear waste. However, the critical patents covering the technology and the protections for the proprietary "catalysts" used have not yet been granted. This has pressured Andrea Rossi into deciding the technology cannot be launched for use by individuals for home use, until he has designed a self destruct mechanism to be built into every unit.

The reason for including this self destruct mechanism is that if someone opened the reaction vessel of an E-Cat, they could obtain all the "secrets" in a short period of time. Without patent protection in the form of granted patents, this could give away key information to competitors, and potentially even invalidate patents that are still pending.

Here are a few of the comments Rossi has made about this issue on his blog, "The Journal of Nuclear Physics."

--

www.journal-of-nuclear-physics.com/?p=4 ... ment-43618

Lande
June 4th, 2011 at 2:00 PM

OK,

I understand that you can not discuss the details surrounding the catalyst.

But will you later be able to discuss this, or will this part forever be a company secret?

And is not the catalyst function important for the theoretical physics explanation behind it all?

--

www.journal-of-nuclear-physics.com/?p=4 ... ment-43729

Andrea Rossi
June 5th, 2011 at 12:14 AM

Dear Mr Lande:
All depends on the granting of the patent.
Warm Regards,
A.R.

--

www.journal-of-nuclear-physics.com/?p=4 ... ment-44045

Greg
June 6th, 2011 at 3:29 PM

Dear Dr. Rossi,

thank you for your reply. You write you are being conservative regarding the sales of single modules. But if Defkalion/AmpEnergo plans to produce 300 000 units per year do you think you will be able to prevent just one of them ending up in China? In my opinion you will be very wealthy from the royalties from Europe/US, but the Chinese will hack the security features and produce their own. Or am I wrong on this assumption?

Kind regards,
Greg

--

www.journal-of-nuclear-physics.com/?p=4 ... ment-44064

Andrea Rossi
June 6th, 2011 at 4:50 PM

Dear Greg:
Defkalion, I suppose, will not sell modules until the protection issue [is] resolved.
Warm regards,
A.R.

--

www.journal-of-nuclear-physics.com/?p=4 ... ment-44021

Greg
June 6th, 2011 at 1:07 PM

Dear Dr. Rossi,

in my opinion, within one month the Chinese buy the first E-Cat they will reproduce it. They showed no respect for patents/intellectual property in the past. How will you prevent this from happening?

Thanks,
Greg

--

www.journal-of-nuclear-physics.com/?p=4 ... ment-44038

Andrea Rossi
June 6th, 2011 at 2:42 PM

Dear Greg:
Good point.
This is why we are very conservative regarding the sale of single modules. We are engineering a system that will destroy automatically the confidential parts if the reactor is open. The reactors will be open only in our factory to replace the charge. This is why we want not to replace the charges on site.

Warm regards,
A.R.

--

www.journal-of-nuclear-physics.com/?p=3 ... ment-43087

Alan C
June 2nd, 2011 at 10:55 AM

Dear Mr Rossi,

You have said “…We have to resolve the problem to make them self-destructive in case of opening the reactors…”. Is this necessary if you have a patent? Is it possible to achieve this against someone with sophisticated tools and equipment? Won’t your secret necessarily be in the public domain once the technology is widely distributed?

All the best with the project. I am checking in regularly and looking forward to your success in October.

Best regards from the UK
Alan

--

www.journal-of-nuclear-physics.com/?p=3 ... ment-43089

Andrea Rossi
June 2nd, 2011 at 11:02 AM

Dear Mr Alan C.:
1- I have not yet an international patent granted, I have a National patent granted, the international application is still pending
2- It is difficult to make this self destruction technology, this is why it will take time. We must find a way that is not dangerous for the persons, but that annihilates instantaneously all the sensible information if somebody tries to open the sealed parts
3- I have to defend the People that have invested in this. And I will.
Warm regards,
A.R.

--

www.journal-of-nuclear-physics.com/?p=3 ... ment-43028

Riccardo
June 2nd, 2011 at 7:32 AM

Dear Mr Rossi,
I read that there won’t be any implementations in Italy soon.
Are you talking about the industrial aspect? What about the private use of the E-Cat? Will it be available in Italy too?

Best regards

--

www.journal-of-nuclear-physics.com/?p=3 ... ment-43033

Andrea Rossi
June 2nd, 2011 at 8:01 AM

Dear Mr Riccardo:
I think that the household targeted items will arrive later. We have to resolve the problem to make them self-destructive in case of opening the reactors. Otherwise, with few thousands of dollars anybody has access to the confidential aspects of the technology. In industrial plants this issue is more easy to afford and has been resolved.
Warm Regards,
A.R.

Life Saving Technology Denied

From reading Andrea Rossi's comments, it seems the technology will not be released for use by individuals (use in homes) any time soon, unless the patents involved are granted. It is an absolute tragedy that due to the delays of the U.S. Patent Office (and their policy of not granting patents to "cold fusion" processes), the E-Cat may only see use in industrial settings for some time to come.

Writer

PostThu Jun 09, 2011 2:53 am » by Etyson

acee22 wrote:To preserve intellectual property and trade secrets, Andrea Rossi is being forced to design a self destruct mechanism to be built into every E-Cat (Energy Catalyzer) used by the public. This could delay the public (non-industrial) launch of the technology.

Rossi's conduct at this point in our history is inexcusable. Big oil has seriously damaged our environment and they are a major factor in the destruction of our economy. Energy plays a prominent role in our illegal wars and occupations. Energy is the key to move the human race forward. It appears that Rossi is single handedly standing in the way.

I am looking forward to the day when China or another power secures one of these reactors and clones the machines at bargain basement rates thruout the world. I'll be the first in line to buy.

Initiate

PostThu Jun 09, 2011 3:20 am » by Hybridtheory

i dont understand why there so worried with anyone else..china etc..its stupid..if they would just foookin disclose technology, create free energy to everyone they wouldnt have to worry about it..
technology should be free, and the payment should be the helping of our species, and the fact that knowing there childrens children, will grow into a clear, non tarnished earth..

Initiate

PostThu Jun 09, 2011 3:44 am » by Stratafire

Another "sellout" to big oil..

If it was "given away", then all would have equal opportunity to produce a model simular to the one he has...

I despise "sellouts" ..

Super Moderator

PostThu Jun 09, 2011 4:06 am » by The57ironman

1- I have not yet an international patent granted, I have a National patent granted, the international application is still pending
2- It is difficult to make this self destruction technology, this is why it will take time. We must find a way that is not dangerous for the persons, but that annihilates instantaneously all the sensible information if somebody tries to open the sealed parts
3- I have to defend the People that have invested in this. And I will.
Warm regards,
A.R.

defend......DEFEND..? ......how about giving to mankind you greedy ignorant f*ck.....

..... If you can't be kind, at least have the decency to be vague.......

Writer

PostThu Jun 09, 2011 4:13 am » by Quantummystic

yea wtf is wrong with people. Give the technology to humanity. Its not like humanity hasnt already paid through the @$$ for it

Initiate

PostThu Jun 09, 2011 6:48 am » by Sentientseed

Rectalfy and analilate.... dry, shaken, and stirred...Rossi's rentitive shituation...with a bottle of Asti Spumante at this point. Make a public event out if and call it Rossi Unplugged---The Lord of the Flies tour. I know..I know....it's a bit corny.

I've had a healthy dose of hope and skepticism for alternative energy for a very long time. Though now, the balance is hope vs skepticism is weighing heavily in favor of skepticism.
"There is more than just one answer to these questions pointing me in a crooked line. The less I seek my source for some definite...the closer I am to fine!"~Indigo girls