Pay it forward - do something special for somebody.

Super Moderator

PostSun Dec 09, 2012 12:01 pm » by Spock

It's the time of year for giving and it always feels great to do a little something for someone, unwarranted and unexpected.

Last night, my wife and I were the recipients of a complete strangers generosity and it really touched us both.

We had our 3 grand-squirts with us, ages 1, 2 and 5. We had just taken them through the annual Living Manger scene put on by one of the local churches. You drive through the parking lot at night and the entire place is set up like an old Bethlehem village, with characters walking around - really a cool scene. Only drawback was the slow line of traffic going in, with that many young children in the car, bored and anxious.

Anyway, afterwords we went to a very nice Chinese restaurant with them for dinner. I noticed, across the room, a woman and what appeared to maybe be her daughter, kept looking at us. And to be honest, I was AMAZED at how well behaved the 2 and 5 year olds were during dinner, the 1 year old had tapped out so my wife held him.

The ladies had left by the time we had finished, I asked for some carry out boxes and packed our stuff up, and was ready for what I was sure would be at least a $50 dinner bill.

The owner of the restaurant came to us and said that our bill had been paid.

The ladies had paid our bill and asked the owner not to tell us, but he did tell us who had done it.

We were both blown away by that act. We've always heard of things like that happening, but never figured we would be on the receiving end - and let me tell you, it is a great feeling.

So, in that spirit, let's all do something we can, for someone this season, and not ask for recognition.

Pass a little love around.

:hugging:

Super Moderator

PostSun Dec 09, 2012 12:49 pm » by TheDuck

Nice Christmas story man.

I might make some brandy truffles with coconut sprinkles for the dudes at my new work. I did at my last workplace last year.

Merry Christmas!
www.Vigusto.com - Premium E-liquid

"The Truth Cannot Be Told... It Must Be Realized"

Conspirator

PostSun Dec 09, 2012 2:22 pm » by mediasorcery

oh man, the same chits been going on this week for me, twice i got let of about 20$ at 2 diff stores just because i was being my usual cheeky/funny/friendly and humurous self, it blew me away, really did, one was on 2 bottles of car oil, other was food at subways during lunch, anyways, maybe theres some kinda good vibe going on this week, sure has been a good on for me anyways.
the story of life is quicker than the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello and goodbye, until we meet again my friend.

Super Moderator

PostSun Dec 09, 2012 2:35 pm » by Slith

Great story.

I go to the local Tim Horton's (coffee shop) every morning. I do drive thru, and have been paying for the coffee of whoever is behind me for a couple of years now. Friday, someone actually payed for mine. Cool

Canubis wrote:
i consume more hard liquor a night then all dtv together...

yet i am so god dam smart....and own this shit in my world..

Super Moderator

PostSun Dec 09, 2012 3:12 pm » by Spock

Trip out, this happened where I live too, just saw it on the local news...

WYFF wrote:
Stranger gives Upstate family Christmas surprise

Read more: http://www.wyff4.com/news/local-news/gr ... z2EYmM6eqD

Greenville, S.C. 'Tis the season of giving.

An Upstate mother says her family's Christmas will be brighter this year thanks to a complete stranger.

Melissa Tollison said she and her husband put toys for their children on layaway at Walmart. They owed $150 until this week when they got a call from Walmart.
Someone had paid off their layaway balance.

"I thought, 'Wow! There are some good people in this world and I wonder how I can thank that person?'" Tollison recalled.

Tollison said to show her gratitude, she's going to take that extra money to help Upstate families in need this Christmas.

She tells us the gentleman paid off other accounts as well, wanting to help out the layaway accounts with toys.

Read more: http://www.wyff4.com/news/local-news/gr ... z2EYm0WY8t

Initiate

PostSun Aug 25, 2013 10:36 pm » by flsts1

This man deserves a little recognition...75 years!
Enjoy... :sunny:

Upload to Disclose.tv

Try not to become a man of success but a man of value.
Albert Einstein

Initiate

PostSun Aug 25, 2013 10:54 pm » by 2020

Upload to Disclose.tv

Done. (earphones needed tho)