Pee Powered Generator

Writer

PostSun Nov 11, 2012 11:12 pm » by MickyMouse

No, Cia22 is right on the money. I have been experimenting with Hydrogen production for nearly ten years and have built a lot of systems and spent a lot of money attempting to replicate the reported results of some famous systems for use in vehicles. I can tell you no simpler than this : this example can't work.

Energy In = Energy Out.

The energy required to break the Hydrogen out of urine (or any water), let alone compress the gas is simply too great and as it still requires an external power source for electrolosis (batteries or whatever), their total energy expenditure will be greater than the output. So whilst it's all a great looking idea, I'd bet my life it does not work as advertised. They could only save money/electricity/energy if they are using someone else's electricity.

Also the urine is going to break the electrolosis unit in no time, it's bad enough with distilled water let alone the thick sticky residue that urine would leave behind...eeep..

Conspirator

PostSun Nov 11, 2012 11:33 pm » by Opalserpent

MickyMouse wrote:No, Cia22 is right on the money. I have been experimenting with Hydrogen production for nearly ten years and have built a lot of systems and spent a lot of money attempting to replicate the reported results of some famous systems for use in vehicles. I can tell you no simpler than this : this example can't work.

Energy In = Energy Out.

The energy required to break the Hydrogen out of urine (or any water), let alone compress the gas is simply too great and as it still requires an external power source for electrolosis (batteries or whatever), their total energy expenditure will be greater than the output. So whilst it's all a great looking idea, I'd bet my life it does not work as advertised. They could only save money/electricity/energy if they are using someone else's electricity.

Also the urine is going to break the electrolosis unit in no time, it's bad enough with distilled water let alone the thick sticky residue that urine would leave behind...eeep..

I was reading on another site about this that external electricity was still required for the electrolysis.
They could use a solar panel couldn't they?
How about combining the urine generator with the hair solar panels?

http://www.energymatters.com.au/index.p ... cle_id=585

An 18 year old Nepalese student has demonstrated new type of solar panel using human hair, which turns out to be easy to use as a conductor in solar panels according to inventor Milan Karki.

Milan's solar panel produces18 W of electricity and if mass-produced, Milan says they could be sold for a quarter of the price of those already on the market.

It Could be up to the children to free themselves from oil cartels and the fascist warmongering banking NWO. Power to the Children!!!
Live by the Terror, Die by the Terror.

Super Moderator

PostSun Nov 11, 2012 11:36 pm » by Spock

But if you just want to piss in it, it's okay.

Conspirator

PostSun Nov 11, 2012 11:48 pm » by Opalserpent

Spock wrote:But if you just want to piss in it, it's okay.

Sure, more the merrier

Jeez, looking for a google image on this subject is disturbing.

Conspirator

PostMon Nov 12, 2012 12:43 am » by Svaha

MickyMouse wrote:No, Cia22 is right on the money. I have been experimenting with Hydrogen production for nearly ten years and have built a lot of systems and spent a lot of money attempting to replicate the reported results of some famous systems for use in vehicles. I can tell you no simpler than this : this example can't work.

Energy In = Energy Out.

Again, it's not electrolyse of water but of ammonia: http://www.suttonfruit.com/pics/urea_electrolysis.pdf

[edit]energy in = out is correct, but the hydrogen that is formed is burned / exploded and that is not a part of this energy equation, right?[/edit]
Follow your bliss(ters) - Joseph Campbell

Conspirator

PostMon Nov 12, 2012 1:44 am » by Opalserpent

Svaha wrote:

Energy In = Energy Out.

Again, it's not electrolyse of water but of ammonia: http://www.suttonfruit.com/pics/urea_electrolysis.pdf

[edit]energy in = out is correct, but the hydrogen that is formed is burned / exploded and that is not a part of this energy equation, right?[/edit]

Interesting link.

below information from above link:

Urine is the most abundant waste on Earth. The largest
constituent of urine is urea, which is a significant organic
source of H, C, O, and N. Despite the numerous benefits of
using urea/urine for hydrogen production,
there is not a
single technology that directly converts urea to hydrogen.
In addition to sustaining hydrogen resources, such a process
could denitrificate urea-rich water that is commonly purged
into rivers, creeks, and tributaries from municipal wastewater
treatment plants. Currently, nitrate concentration in these
waters is regulated at 10 mg L
, but available denitrification
technologies are expensive and inefficient.
Converting urea to
valuable products before it naturally hydrolyzes to ammonia,
which generates gas-phase ammonia emissions and contributes
to ammonium sulfate and nitrate formation in the atmosphere,
will save billions of dollars spent each year on health costs.
Here we demonstrate a technology for improving hydrogen
resources for energy sustainability by recycling waste materials
such as human excreta. We have developed an electrochemical
process that produces H2
from urine/urea as shown in Fig. 1.
Our results demonstrate that human urine, with an average
concentration of 0.33 M urea,
can be electrochemically
oxidized with an inexpensive transition metal, nickel,

Very interesting. So nickel works to create cold fusion and it helps as an oxidizer to convert urea into
useful byproducts. :think: I don't mean cold fusion in Piss either, I mean the e-cat ofcourse.

This sounds more and more like we could have our own piss generators running from solar panels most of us have now, My parents are getting a 3.29kw grid connected system this year at 6700 dollars plastic installed. Yes I live at home, use some images in the what I look like section if you feeling funny, I'll live.

I hope someone expands this technology as the grid connected power during the day is free and then could be used to power perhaps a grid connected piss system that could help keep the electricity companies happy by feeding power back into the grid to help with industry and other important infrastructure.

Imagine using your solar power to make hydrogen gas during the day then storing that gas

for use at night. Holy crap. Forget about the piss power, solar + hydrogen gas generator :banana:

Eureka :ugeek:

I must see if anyone has bothered using such a hybrid system on google. :sunny:

Black ops 2 doesn't come out till midnight tonight Australia time. :yell:

Conspirator

PostMon Nov 12, 2012 1:58 am » by Opalserpent

Ofcourse there is a patent for such a hybrid solar power electrolysis gas generation system.

A solar-powered system for supplying large quantitites of usable power consists of an array of photo-voltaic cells which drive an electrolysis generator in which water is converted into oxygen and hydrogen gases. The oxygen and hydrogen gases are initially stored and then mixed in stoichiometric amounts and delivered by means of a water-cooled discharge nozzle to a burner chamber in which the gases are recombined. High pressure steam produced by the oxygen/hydrogen recombination is discharged from the burner to a turbine generator. Condensed water is collected from the turbine and used as distilled water for domestic uses or returned to the electrolysis generator.

http://www.google.com/patents/US4841731

When you look at the dates you will see this has been thought of decades ago.

So why aren't there solar farms producing large amounts of hydrogen for electrical generation?
All you need is water and you could desalinate sea water too I suppose.

The below link shows how to create your own solar electrolysis gas generation experiment.

http://www.nmsea.org/Curriculum/7_12/el ... olysis.htm

The experiment is simple enough, I can't see why you couldn't just put an existing water electrolysis machine to work using a suitable solar power system?

What would the problem be really, how many kilowatts of power does it take to generate hydrogen from water?

Google time.

Conspirator

PostMon Nov 12, 2012 2:22 am » by Opalserpent

There are plenty of hydrogen generators out there for sale.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid= ... &_from=R40

Looks like in Australia we already have car kits to decrease petrol consumption.

http://www.dlook.com.au/generators/wa-p ... de-8300422

Look what someone in the comments wrote about the above system in his car in the comments section.

Thanks Gavan,Thanks Hydrogen fuel systems pty ltd for your great product my F250 V8 towing our caravan ( total weight 6 tonne)used to get 4.1 km/L - now we get 7.9 km/L and power has increased at least 25%... an excellent buy and excellent value

Oh my god, there is more energy around us then we could ever need. I can see now that cheap solar hydrogen electrolysis hybrid system would power a home now with no trouble though would need a noisy generator at night and someone who knows what they are doing so they don't blow their house up.

Check out this hydrogen generator :shock:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HHO-Dry-Cell-Bi ... 0f&vxp=mtr

Wow, this is what I need for when I want to bug out in the distant future hopefully if world war 3 hasn't wiped us out. Just by a bit of land in the bush near a creek or river or with a bore and I'll be fine without the need for cursed batteries though noisy generator would have to be strategically located at night.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_much_elec ... plit_water

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_dou_you_c ... s_to_watts

Trying to work out how many watts needed to break down water is abit harder then I thought.

I get the impression that you could create 100 grams of hydrogen an hour from just a 1 kilowatt system?

That sounds like alot of hydrogen to me.

So gas generators can be converted to burn hydrogen too.

http://www.hydrogenappliances.com/generate.html

Post COMPLETE :mrcool:

Conspirator

PostMon Nov 12, 2012 2:33 am » by Opalserpent

crikey, the hydrogen generators I see on youtube need dc power, just what solar panels produce without the inverter.

The only problem I see now that I research further is you really need a few amps to break allot of hydrogen down.

A light duty 175watt panel only produces about 7 amps when you really need 80 amps for serious hydrogen production.

http://greenliving.nationalgeographic.c ... -2366.html

Though a 3.29 kw system with 200 watt panels is still going to generate more then enough amperage to split liters of hydrogen an hour it seems.

I think this would work well for someone with a caravan and a small setup with portable panels and a small gas generator.

Shock horror that it's only available for cars at the moment in Australia.
Last edited by Opalserpent on Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Conspirator

PostMon Nov 12, 2012 2:42 am » by Blotto

it kind of makes you wonder about, all the ufo sightings over water were ufo's suck up water, i wonder what the waters used for hmm , i bet the occupants know how to extract a 100% of the energy.

PreviousNext