Pepper Spray Incident "Police Officer Pepper-Spraying Kid"

Conspirator

PostSat Mar 31, 2012 9:18 pm » by Fatdogmendoza

If this has been posted before please forgive me, I did check but could not find any reference on Dtv...

Sadly, the photograph is real. It was taken on March 23, 2011 during a public protest in the city of Niterói, Brazil (part of the Metropolitan Region of Rio de Janeiro) by Peter Kirilos of O Globo (The Globe), Rio's largest daily newspaper.

Publication of the image prompted an investigation by the state prosecutor, who filed a complaint in July denouncing the two military police officers involved, Captain Bruno Schorcht and soldier D'Angelo de Matos Pinel, and demanding their immediate suspension for abuse of authority.

Subsequent news reports claimed Captain Schorcht was "punished" for his actions by being transferred to another battalion and promoted to the rank of Major, but according to O Globo columnist Ancelmo Gois, Schorcht's name was "taken off the list" for promotion after the state prosecutor's complaint was filed.

Super Moderator

PostSat Mar 31, 2012 9:37 pm » by domdabears

I posted this on facebook a long time ago and someone said it was proven to be fake. I didn't follow up on it, so I don't know for sure.
I wanna be a Warhol
Displayed on your wall
Still hung up on you

Conspirator

PostSun Apr 01, 2012 12:47 am » by Fatdogmendoza

domdabears wrote:I posted this on facebook a long time ago and someone said it was proven to be fake. I didn't follow up on it, so I don't know for sure.

There is not a lot of info however what info I can find seems to state that it is proven to be real... It would be good if somebody could prove it to be fake cos it stinks man if its real

Conspirator

PostSun Apr 01, 2012 5:47 pm » by Iamthatiam

fatdogmendoza wrote:
domdabears wrote:I posted this on facebook a long time ago and someone said it was proven to be fake. I didn't follow up on it, so I don't know for sure.

There is not a lot of info however what info I can find seems to state that it is proven to be real... It would be good if somebody could prove it to be fake cos it stinks man if its real

Unfortunately, it is for real...

Here is the outcome:
''Capitão da PM que espirrou gás de pimenta em criança é promovido a major

Um dos oficiais da Polícia Militar do Rio de Janeiro que chocou o país no começo do ano ao ser flagrado espirrando spray de pimenta em crianças foi promovido pela corporação. Capitão da PM na ocasião, Bruno Schorcht agora é major. Ele recebeu a promoção apesar de o Ministério Público Estadual ter solicitado a suspensão das suas atividades policiais em função da truculência na abordagem dos menores.

Promoção compulsória

Procurada pelo Informe JB, a Polícia Militar esclareceu que o major Bruno Schorcht recebeu a promoção graças ao tempo de serviço, como é previsto na lei. Assim, apesar do flagrante de violência contra um menor, Bruno recebeu um aumento de 30% no seu salário: de R$ 4.679, ele passou a ganhar R$ 6.144.''

http://www.jb.com.br/informe-jb/noticias/2011/11/01/capitao-da-pm-que-espirrou-gas-de-pimenta-em-crianca-e-promovido-a-major/

Its from a credible News site here, it says that despite of his Crime, pepper spraying a minor, which shocked the public opinion, the criminal was promoted, receiving a 30% increase on his paycheck!

The Military Police said to the journalists that it was according to the law, because of his serving time. This is bullcrap, since the guy should had been exonerated in first place...Corporativism played its part, legal breach another!

"The Heaven's Lights are fed by the energy generated inside the furnaces of Hell; I AM One Conductive Wire! "

Conspirator

PostSun Apr 01, 2012 6:07 pm » by Fatdogmendoza

iamthatiam wrote:
fatdogmendoza wrote:

Unfortunately, it is for real...

Here is the outcome:
''Capitão da PM que espirrou gás de pimenta em criança é promovido a major

Um dos oficiais da Polícia Militar do Rio de Janeiro que chocou o país no começo do ano ao ser flagrado espirrando spray de pimenta em crianças foi promovido pela corporação. Capitão da PM na ocasião, Bruno Schorcht agora é major. Ele recebeu a promoção apesar de o Ministério Público Estadual ter solicitado a suspensão das suas atividades policiais em função da truculência na abordagem dos menores.

Promoção compulsória

Procurada pelo Informe JB, a Polícia Militar esclareceu que o major Bruno Schorcht recebeu a promoção graças ao tempo de serviço, como é previsto na lei. Assim, apesar do flagrante de violência contra um menor, Bruno recebeu um aumento de 30% no seu salário: de R$ 4.679, ele passou a ganhar R$ 6.144.''

http://www.jb.com.br/informe-jb/noticias/2011/11/01/capitao-da-pm-que-espirrou-gas-de-pimenta-em-crianca-e-promovido-a-major/

Its from a credible News site here, it says that despite of his Crime, pepper spraying a minor, which shocked the public opinion, the criminal was promoted, receiving a 30% increase on his paycheck!

The Military Police said to the journalists that it was according to the law, because of his serving time. This is bullcrap, since the guy should had been exonerated in first place...Corporativism played its part, legal breach another!

Thanks IAM I was hoping you would comment as it is in your part of the world...I personally thought that it was true...Thanks again for your input.....

Conspirator

PostSun Apr 01, 2012 6:15 pm » by Iamthatiam

DTV's Brazilian correspondent, at your service :D

:hugging:

"The Heaven's Lights are fed by the energy generated inside the furnaces of Hell; I AM One Conductive Wire! "