Picture of the day

Conspirator

PostTue Jul 13, 2010 2:14 pm » by Freeyourmindnow

Jeff Houpt captured this image, total solar eclipse from Easter Island.
http://www.astronomy.com/asy/default.aspx?c=pod&id=186

What is your picture of the day? :D

Conspirator

PostTue Jul 13, 2010 2:38 pm » by Freeyourmindnow

this one says it all; Gulf Oil Spill Michelle Obama Visits Florida - 12 Jul 2010

http://pictures.reuters.com/c/C.aspx?VP ... m&SP=Album

Conspirator

PostTue Jul 13, 2010 3:12 pm » by Thesaint

Has anyone here ever questioned the calculated odds of the Moon being the EXACT distance from the Sun as to be able to eclipse it from the Earth and that it was just by chance and natural. The odds would have to be way more than winning the national lottery. Also within those odds is the EXACT size in respect to it's magnetic force. Any larger would have a much greater effect any smaller would be not enough, so combine those odds, think about that one.

:cheers:

Conspirator

PostTue Jul 13, 2010 3:29 pm » by Otomon

Self-explanatory I thinkz.
I am energized 13 I am CHRISTalized 13 I am amplified 13 I detach from the illusions of matter 13 I no longer choose to play the unconscious role 13 I listen to my intuition 13 I am in my flow 13 I break free from all negative soul ties 13

Conspirator

PostTue Jul 13, 2010 3:36 pm » by Freeyourmindnow

thesaint wrote:Has anyone here ever questioned the calculated odds of the Moon being the EXACT distance from the Sun as to be able to eclipse it from the Earth and that it was just by chance and natural. The odds would have to be way more than winning the national lottery. Also within those odds is the EXACT size in respect to it's magnetic force. Any larger would have a much greater effect any smaller would be not enough, so combine those odds, think about that one.

interesting, The sun is 400 times wider than the moon, but it is also 400 times further away. Because of the symmetry, the lunar umbra that falls on the face of the Earth is exactly wide enough to cover the face of the sun.

could this be a coincidence [acka 400,400] is staggering-ly remote. ???

known facts;
1. The moon is slowly moving away from the Earth. At one time it was much larger than the Sun and at some time in the future it will be smaller. It only follows that the two would be close to the same size at some point. We are just lucky to live when they are close to the same size.

2. The ratio is not perfect. The average angular size of the Sun is 32.5'. the average size of the Moon is 31.7', slightly smaller. The only reason we ever see a complete total eclipse is because the Earth-Moon distance varies during a month and the Earth Sun distance varies over a year.

what do you think about that? :cheers:

Conspirator

PostTue Jul 13, 2010 3:43 pm » by Noetic

I figured out how to post pictures.

patent pending lol

Conspirator

PostTue Jul 13, 2010 3:53 pm » by Freeyourmindnow

noetic wrote:I figured out how to post pictures.

:lol: :cheers: very cool :flop:

Conspirator

PostTue Jul 13, 2010 4:00 pm » by Noetic

@freeyourmindnow Thank you,not bad for an old man huh?Even a broken clock is right twice a day lol.
patent pending lol

Conspirator

PostTue Jul 13, 2010 4:06 pm » by Gary19702

kinda says it all
comes from this set in this article
http://www.wired.com/underwire/2010/07/vader-project/

Conspirator

PostTue Jul 13, 2010 4:14 pm » by sockpuppet

thesaint wrote:Has anyone here ever questioned the calculated odds of the Moon being the EXACT distance from the Sun as to be able to eclipse it from the Earth and that it was just by chance and natural. The odds would have to be way more than winning the national lottery. Also within those odds is the EXACT size in respect to it's magnetic force. Any larger would have a much greater effect any smaller would be not enough, so combine those odds, think about that one.

Yeah, those are common arguments for the belief in the "artificial satellite" theory of the origin of the moon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouyVS6HOFeo

Next