Pilot Refuses Full-Body Scan, Says TSA Doesn't Make Travel S

Initiate

PostThu Oct 21, 2010 7:34 am » by Boobytrap

Pilot Refuses Full-Body Scan, Says TSA Doesn't Make Travel Safer...
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2010/10/20/ ... vel-safer/

Initiate

PostThu Oct 21, 2010 7:34 am » by Boobytrap

Pilot refuses full-body scan, pat down
http://www.cnn.com/2010/TRAVEL/10/20/pi ... =allsearch

Initiate

PostThu Oct 21, 2010 9:47 am » by Freedomofwill

The more people that refuse to do it, the more likely they will destroy that contraption.

You don't have to go through that full body scan. Even if they threaten you to do it, it's against your own free will, and against your own rights.

Next time you go to an aiport, and they threaten you, tell them I'll see you in court. And if they threaten you with Jail time, tell them I'll make a big fuss about it, and make sure you do. Because the people who make a big fuss about it gets air time.

If they threaten you with death, tell them you'll be a big massive pain in the afterlife. and that you know death isn't real, and you shouldn't be affraid of it.

Either way they loose.

Use their own tactics against them.

Super Moderator

PostThu Oct 21, 2010 9:50 am » by Slith

freedomofwill wrote:The more people that refuse to do it, the more likely they will destroy that contraption.

You don't have to go through that full body scan. Even if they threaten you to do it, it's against your own free will, and against your own rights.

Next time you go to an aiport, and they threaten you, tell them I'll see you in court. And if they threaten you with Jail time, tell them I'll make a big fuss about it, and make sure you do. Because the people who make a big fuss about it gets air time.

If they threaten you with death, tell them you'll be a big massive pain in the afterlife. and that you know death isn't real, and you shouldn't be affraid of it.

Either way they loose.

Good point! It's an invasion of privacy and ethically wrong

I'm just here for the popcorn Image

Conspirator

PostThu Oct 21, 2010 11:06 am » by Lighthouse

Congratulations to the pilot :flop: :clapper:

Master Conspirator

PostThu Oct 21, 2010 3:53 pm » by Cornbread714

freedomofwill wrote:The more people that refuse to do it, the more likely they will destroy that contraption.

Either way they loose.

Have you done this? I'm not disagreeing with you on principle, but it's one thing to tell everyone they should challenge airport security and quite another to actually do it yourself.

I'd like to hear YOUR personal experience with this approach before you start telling people to threaten airport officials with lawsuits. Most people who are flying have to arrive at wherever they bought their most likely expensive tickets to, and as much as I think the security measures are ridiculous, when I fly I just want to get where I'm going with as little hassle as possible.

Do you really think this is realistic? Are you truly willing to put your money where your mouth is?
Where's the beer and when do I get paid?
- Jimmy Carl Black (the Indian of the group)

Conspirator

PostThu Oct 21, 2010 4:08 pm » by Thruster

A personal protest- .....My ass.....What did he have on him that he did'nt want to be caught with?
Wearing ladies knickers?
Butt plug inserted?
Carrying drugs?
:think:
:nope:

Conspirator

PostThu Oct 21, 2010 4:33 pm » by Heinousone

cornbread714 wrote:

Either way they loose.

Have you done this? I'm not disagreeing with you on principle, but it's one thing to tell everyone they should challenge airport security and quite another to actually do it yourself.

I'd like to hear YOUR personal experience with this approach before you start telling people to threaten airport officials with lawsuits. Most people who are flying have to arrive at wherever they bought their most likely expensive tickets to, and as much as I think the security measures are ridiculous, when I fly I just want to get where I'm going with as little hassle as possible.

Do you really think this is realistic? Are you truly willing to put your money where your mouth is?

I will be flying in April. When I do I fully plan to be noncompliant with the body scan. At which point they will have to resort to full body pat down and I will comply with that. Well, not fully. My noncompliance will be acting like I am enjoying the pat down. I want that TSA guy to be as uncomfortable with the situation as I am. I do have to fly then and I dont want to be held from the flight but there are no rules against liking the pat down (or acting like it) so I plan to make a nice little show. I bet the TSA guys and girls arent used to having passengers laugh at them.

That is how I will be noncompliant. Just a suggestion.

But yes corn, you dont have to go through the scanner. They just tell you that it expedites the process and they count upon the lack of patience in the populace in order to get people to comply. Not I, I'm going to have fun with the situation and turn the tables.

Initiate

PostThu Oct 21, 2010 4:41 pm » by Taintedsample

You know it is perfectly legal in the United States to decline the full body scan in leiu of a pat down. And I think he may have a legal argument in either case.
"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."
Full scan or pat down applies to the above.
"Excuse me sir, I am going to need to pat you down."
Me: "Do you have a warrant?"
Riiiiiggght....
I wouldnt stand in front of that thing. I bet in 20 years people start getting Cancer or some other horror from these machines.

I think that it is unreasonable search though. TSA is a JOKE. If someone wants to get something on a plane it can be done, regardless of what steps are taken by the Authorities. This has been demonstrated many times.

Does the TSA make us more safe? No.
Do they give the weak minded some peace of mind? Maybe.
I fully agree with this guy, fight the power!

Initiate

PostThu Oct 21, 2010 6:41 pm » by Taintedsample

thruster wrote:A personal protest- .....My ass.....What did he have on him that he did'nt want to be caught with?
Wearing ladies knickers?
Butt plug inserted?
Carrying drugs?
:think:
:nope:

Sick of having his Constitutional rights violated? :headscratch: Probably!!!