planet x way back when

Conspirator

PostWed Dec 01, 2010 2:36 am » by Smokeydog

right this may sound stupid but its 100% true just as i was leaving school in like 2003 2004 i remember them saying that Pluto had been demoted as a planet because they said it was a moon of a larger planet behind it planet x which then took its place it was on the news and everything so why now has it been forgotten to the likes of everyone apart from the conspiracy theorists, can anyone else remember this?

p.s this is the planet order they started teaching us then and told us to forget about pluto,
Mercury, Venus, earth, mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune , planet x( pluto was its moon)
http://www.youtube.com/user/smokeydogsmokey

When people are sat on something you want you make them an enemy

Conspirator

PostWed Dec 01, 2010 2:45 am » by Chronicnerd

smokeydog wrote:right this may sound stupid but its 100% true just as i was leaving school in like 2003 2004 i remember them saying that Pluto had been demoted as a planet because they said it was a moon of a larger planet behind it planet x which then took its place it was on the news and everything so why now has it been forgotten to the likes of everyone apart from the conspiracy theorists, can anyone else remember this?

p.s this is the planet order they started teaching us then and told us to forget about pluto,
Mercury, Venus, earth, mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune , planet x( pluto was its moon)

In 1894 Pluto was actually called "Planet X":

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pluto#Demise_of_Planet_X

There was also a period where they couldn't figure out how Pluto kept its orbit, but if you read the wikipedia information (link above) you will find out that they eventually (once computers really started being used along side better satellites) realized that it was a balance between Neptune and the Sun over like a 10,000 year orbital cycle...

So... I think I vaguely remember that there was speculation that since it was demoted it could have been a "moon" for something like "Nibiru" (I am assuming that is what you meant as Planet X has been used for many different bodies over history but is commonly now understood to mean...Nibiru...)...

Good memory...but since then they figured out the "wobble" anomaly and how Pluto keeps its orbit and have moved on...