Police Search Cell Phones During Traffic Stops

Conspirator

PostWed Apr 20, 2011 4:23 pm » by Torofamily

These are OUR rights being trampled upon daily

http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/34/3458.asp
Michigan: Police Search Cell Phones During Traffic Stops
ACLU seeks information on Michigan program that allows cops to download information from smart phones belonging to stopped motorists.

http://www.house.gov/writerep/
http://www.congress.org/
The American people vote once every 4 years and recycle and think they are politically correct, its the other 1459 days that f#&k us.
ImageWE ARE THE GLOBAL POLITICAL AWAKENING ! Image

Super Moderator

PostWed Apr 20, 2011 4:28 pm » by The57ironman

:dancer: it's the end of the world as we know it :dancer:

:shooting: :nwo:

....and you can shove your statist beliefs up your a**

Conspirator

PostWed Apr 20, 2011 4:30 pm » by Rydher

I saw this as well but it appears as if you actually have to give the cop your cell phone. Why on earth would someone do that? Ignorance I suppose as well as the lack of actually teaching the constitution and your rights.

Master Conspirator

PostWed Apr 20, 2011 4:34 pm » by Boondox681

from the article....
"Law enforcement officers are known, on occasion, to encourage citizens to cooperate if they have nothing to hide," ACLU staff attorney Mark P. Fancher wrote. "No less should be expected of law enforcement, and the Michigan State Police should be willing to assuage concerns that these powerful extraction devices are being used illegally by honoring our requests for cooperation and disclosure."

encourage.that's a funny word,eh?
i'd smash my phone on the ground,right in front of their monkey faces,and encourage them to go fuck themselves.
if i owned a cell phone :flop:
"Doing stuff is overrated.Like Hitler.He did a lot.But don't we all wish he woulda' just stayed home and gotten stoned?"

Super Moderator

PostWed Apr 20, 2011 4:41 pm » by The57ironman

boondox681 wrote:
"Law enforcement officers are known, on occasion, to encourage citizens to cooperate if they have nothing to hide," ACLU staff attorney Mark P. Fancher wrote. "No less should be expected of law enforcement, and the Michigan State Police should be willing to assuage concerns that these powerful extraction devices are being used illegally by honoring our requests for cooperation and disclosure."

i'd smash my phone on the ground,right in front of their monkey faces,and encourage them to go fuck themselves.

that's it brother....right there :cheers:

....and you can shove your statist beliefs up your a**

Conspirator

PostWed Apr 20, 2011 4:43 pm » by Harbin

[youtube]vVCROjpgCB0&NR[/youtube]

research reasonable expectation of privacy. Locking your computer, or blackberry with encryption software, will not allow access, and is not illegal. A password protected phone is not secure.
Antiwar.com

Master Conspirator

PostWed Apr 20, 2011 4:56 pm » by Boondox681

wattup harbin?
now that's some info a motherfucker can use.

thanx,my man...i've got family members who will be grateful.
"Doing stuff is overrated.Like Hitler.He did a lot.But don't we all wish he woulda' just stayed home and gotten stoned?"

Conspirator

PostWed Apr 20, 2011 5:20 pm » by Evildweeb

Is there ANYTHING the police do that is actually legal anymore?

"..encourage..." typical govspeak
Living south of Kansas and north of Texas pretty much puts me in the middle of fu(king nowhere.

Conspirator

PostWed Apr 20, 2011 5:21 pm » by Torofamily

Good info Harbin

Password and encryption is the way to go. At 3min and 35sec. into the vid they're like, hide the phone in your glove compartment or trunk of your car and that kind of pissed me off. Hide my phone? I would rather smash it like Boon said but im absolutely positive that would catch another charge (tampering with evidence or obstruction)

Overcriminalization (http://www.google.com/search?q=Over+criminalization&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a#hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&hs=WNu&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&sa=X&ei=MfSuTbqSKcPdtwessdjdAw&ved=0CB4QBSgA&q=Overcriminalization&spell=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=eaa70d61e92b583)

Just the fact that we have come to this is what I find so disturbing
ImageWE ARE THE GLOBAL POLITICAL AWAKENING ! Image

Master Conspirator

PostWed Apr 20, 2011 5:25 pm » by Boondox681

Just the fact that we have come to this is what I find so disturbing

Just the fact that we have allowed ourselves to come to this is what I find so disturbing
:cheers:

Next