Police shoot 18-year-old Sammy Yatim dead in Canada

Conspirator

PostSun Aug 04, 2013 1:27 am » by *WillEase*

Slith wrote:
*WillEase* wrote:Of course, he could have dropped the knife like they said. Then he wouldn't have got shot...excessively.

Sure, but he didn't. He was like a deer caught in headlights. He was also not aggressive towards the cops, and their actions were not warranted. Period!

Thus the word, excessively.

Initiate

PostMon Aug 05, 2013 12:35 am » by man2012

police and woman

Writer

PostMon Aug 05, 2013 1:06 am » by Mrmurder

i by no means am playing devils advocate here but if you are carrying a knife and an armed cop tells you to put it down, well, you put it the fuck down surely?

and if you dont then you surely have to consider the possibility you may get shot?.

that said, 9 times does seem a tad ott. i mean, how many rounds can it take to put down one kid? a well placed shot in the leg or shoulder would surely of sufficed? im no marksman but i bet i could of got him in the shoulder or whatever from 15ft away.

or maybe even deploy the tazer instead of shooting him? i thought that was the whole point of the tazer, a non lethal alternative for situations just like this. ive not seen many people that can still be combative when they get a dose of that.

Previous