POLICE STATE AMERICA : Virginia State Troopers Steal $28,000

Initiate

PostThu Jan 19, 2012 10:36 pm » by Earthspirit7

First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they attack you, and then you win. ~ Gandhi.. {“Change your mind and your butt will follow.” ■handing you proof on a silver platter is not a viable option}

Initiate

PostThu Jan 19, 2012 10:43 pm » by Earthspirit7

SPD dash-cam video shows questionable conduct by officers
2 Seattle, WA cops on dashcam dragging passenger from car & tasing him for refusing to give them ID when he legally didn’t have to then arresting his mom for telling them to call their supervisor.

In the blink of an eye, what began as a routine police check turned into a chaotic scene.

http://mytechnologyworld9.blogspot.com/ ... nable.html
First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they attack you, and then you win. ~ Gandhi.. {“Change your mind and your butt will follow.” ■handing you proof on a silver platter is not a viable option}

Initiate

PostThu Jan 19, 2012 11:01 pm » by Earthspirit7

Police Brutality: Cops Strip, Beat, Taser & Pepper Spray Man For No Reason

Uploaded by CopsOutofControl on Jul 26, 2011

The FBI has launched a criminal probe into a January incident where Tennessee police stripped a man naked, then kicked and beat him while he lay handcuffed in the snow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuaPxh8y ... r_embedded

Initiate

PostThu Jan 19, 2012 11:03 pm » by Earthspirit7

Police Brutality: Marine Murdered by SWAT!
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BJ_Jn9r ... re=related

Heres a leaked video of the SWAT teams helmet cam of the raid that ended up with the veteran Marine Jose Guerena.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbtqpELX ... re=related

SWAT Raid Kills Veteran
Take a look at two recent instances of police brutality, one out of Arizona, where a SWAT raid went wrong, and left a 2-tour, former Marine dead. And another example out of Virginia where an officer is accused of abuse after an encounter with two young men with mental disabilities.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSXi6Oq4 ... re=related

"Please send me an ambulance and you can ask more questions later, please!" Guerena tells the dispatcher that her husband had returned home about 6:30 a.m. after work and was sleeping. Prompted by the dispatcher, Guerena says her husband was shot in the stomach and hands. The dispatcher asks Guerena to put her cheek next to her husband's nose and mouth to see if he's breathing, but she replies in Spanish that her husband is face- down. The operator tells Guerena to grab a cloth and apply pressure to his wounds, but the wife responds frantically: "I can't! I can't! There's a bunch of people outside of my house. I don't know what the heck is happening!" A dispatcher asks if the people outside are the SWAT members. "I think it's the SWAT, but they ... Oh my God!" Guerena says. A dispatcher asks that she open the door for the SWAT, but Guerena replies that the door was already opened by police. "Is anybody coming? Is anybody coming?" she asks. The operator tells Guerena help is on the way, but they're still trying to figure out what happened. "I don't know, that's it, whatever I told you, that's it," Guerena says. Just after the five-minute mark, Guerena's end of the line goes silent. The two dispatchers spend about four minutes talking to each other and calling out for Guerena while trying to figure out if the call is coming from the same residence where the warrant was served. At the end of the 10-minute 911 call, a dispatcher says she has confirmation that Guerena is outside with deputies on the scene. Continued...

READ FULL STORY HERE: http://reason.com/blog/2011/05/16/marin ... tours-in-i
Last edited by Earthspirit7 on Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Initiate

PostThu Jan 19, 2012 11:06 pm » by Earthspirit7

Police brutality against Col. Ann Wright and Daniel Ellsberg at Free Bradley Manning Protest

Police brutality at Free Bradley Manning protest as Colonel (Ret.) Ann Wright and Daniel Ellsberg become victims of targeted assault

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWdu_vae ... re=related

Initiate

PostFri Jan 20, 2012 2:20 am » by Earthspirit7

In the summer of 2006 a frail, troubled 18-year-old girl named Ashley MacDonald ran through a nearly empty Huntington Beach, California, city park in the early morning holding a small knife. An onlooker called the police and soon two large male officers showed up. They shot the girl to death with 18 bullets, claiming she had lunged toward them and put their lives in danger. It was just another day for law enforcement in suburban Orange County, where—despite low crime rates—police have become increasingly aggressive and militaristic.

The MacDonald killing sparked an unusual amount of public outrage. This shooting, in particular, was hard to grasp. An empty park and a tiny teenager hardly make for a life-threatening situation for the officers. Couldn’t they just have backed away and used nonlethal alternatives such as pepper spray? The police admitted that they were readying a beanbag gun in the parking lot when the officers claimed that “time ran out.”

Angry that anyone would question their “split-second decisions,” the law enforcement “community” said it was wrong to jump to conclusions before the details of the investigation were complete. The sheriff defended the police publicly before any investigation even started, so he apparently was jumping to conclusions, but never mind. The consensus: calm down and wait for the department to see what happened.

I called the Huntington Beach Police Department (HBPD) and asked for the completed reports for two other high-profile officer-involved deadly shootings from 2001 and 2004. In the one case a troubled man reportedly with a toy gun was shot 29 times and bullets riddled several houses behind him. In another case, officers followed a suspect, lost track of him, and then started following a different man, 18-year-old Antonio Saldivar. Police shot him to death after they claimed he pulled a toy gun on them. The officer who shot Saldivar, by the way, has a disturbing disciplinary history, including allegations of excessive force.

Plenty of time had passed, so the reports should have been completed in those two cases. Well, the HBPD said I could have neither report because both are exempt from the California Public Records Act. What a great Catch-22: the public has no right to comment on police shootings until the investigation is complete, but once it is complete the public has no right to see the report.

In the teenaged girl’s case district-attorney (DA) investigators ultimately prepared a report arguing that the officers had “no choice” but to shoot. The DA’s office did not conduct any of its own interviews with witnesses. Investigators simply took the reports produced by the sheriff’s department, which detailed a “perfect storm” scenario: the police were backed up against a fence with nowhere to go; the girl lunged toward them; officers gently implored her to back away but reluctantly shot her as she intruded on their 21-foot safety barrier.

Although a local newsweekly easily found witnesses who stridently disputed that account, the DA was content with what it found. No Orange County district attorney has ever filed charges against police officers for an on-duty shooting, which is typical of most DAs. And district attorneys, by the way, only look at whether officers committed a crime—whether they fired the shots with criminal intent. But no one thinks there was criminal intent. DAs do not look at police procedures, and the newspapers were quick to find police training officials who declared that the officers “did what they are trained to do.”

That’s what is so worrisome

rest of article: { more stories of police state brutality}
http://www.thefreemanonline.org/feature ... an-police/