Policemen Who Killed 18-Year-Old Get Standing ovation

Conspirator

PostThu May 01, 2014 12:15 am » by Fatdogmendoza

An Italian police union meeting welcomed three policemen convicted for the killing of an 18-year-old boy with a standing ovation that outraged the nation and was described as "shameful" by Prime Minister Matteo Renzi.

Officers Paolo Forlani, Luca Pollastri and Enzo Pontani were applauded at length as they walked in the conferences' hall of the Grand Hotel in Rimini, north eastern Italy, where the country's second largest police union, Sap, was holding its annual conference.

"The applauses are a dire and unacceptable act that offends the memory of a boy who is no more and renews his family's pain," said Italy's interior minister Angelino Alfano.

In 2012, at the end of a lengthy trial that highlighted the issue of police brutality, the three officers were found guilty of manslaughter over the death of Federico Aldrovandi, a teenager who died shortly after arrest in September 2005.

Aldrovandi was detained in Ferrara, near Bologna, for acting erratically while he was walking home early in the morning after a night out with friends.

He was found unconscious in a park of the Renaissance city, with his hands cuffed behind his back and his body covered in bruises. Emergency services' desperate attempts to revive him proved unsuccessful.

Judges at Italy's top court ruled that Forlani, Pollastri, Pontani and a fourth officer, Monica Segatto, who was not at the union meeting in Rimini, used excessive and disproportionate force to restrain him.

Aldrovandi was forced to the ground, beaten, kicked and hit with clubs, the Court of Cassation found.

During the beating he suffered from a head concussion and a cardiac failure that eventually led to his death.

Aldrovandi's mother said she was sickened by the warm welcome security forces reserved to those who killed her son.

"It's terrifying; I'm nauseated, I can't understand such behaviour but I've stop wondering about it since they killed my son," she said. "If they clap some convicts it means they support their actions."

The four policemen served only six months in jail, as the sentence was reduced under a partial amnesty.

Nevertheless police unions claimed they received an unjust treatment, as first offenders usually serve short sentences under house arrest or doing social work.

Sap police union secretary Gianni Tonelli maintained he applauded his colleagues because he believes they are not guilty.

"They've been unjustly sentenced and have suffered from an incredible damage," he told Radio 24.

"If Federico's mother suffers because of the applauses I'm sorry, but I do not reply to a mother's grief. However one must not mix up truth with pietism."

Other police unions distanced themselves from Sap. Police chief Alessandro Pansa expressed his solidarity to Aldrovandi's family and described his subordinates' behaviour as "deeply offensive".

WTF... :censored:

:hell:

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/italian-polic ... ml#hem474f
Canubis wrote:slith dont b A noob.. u r my no 1 mo fo

Super Moderator

PostThu May 01, 2014 2:30 am » by Slith

That's f'king disgusting and deplorable!

:yell:

Initiate

PostThu May 01, 2014 4:21 am » by missamandamanhattan

If this is indeed a factual account - then I am lost for words.

Aldrovandi may you rest still in the arms of a benevolent God and Universe and may you guide us in Spirit.

Much Peace - to the loved ones who have to live with this tragic event - Amanda

NB Bringing Children into this world is now a game of chance - a lottery of whether your Child will make it through to adulthood intact.

Conspirator

PostThu May 01, 2014 6:07 am » by 99socks

missamandamanhattan wrote:
NB Bringing Children into this world is now a game of chance - a lottery of whether your Child will make it through to adulthood intact.

Upload to Disclose.tv

Conspirator

PostThu May 01, 2014 9:44 am » by Toxic32

It's the same the whole world over. Italy is not Unique by a long way, in the UK the recorded deaths whiles in custody since the year 2000 up to 2012 there have an average of 36 deaths a year.

WASHINGTON (AP) — More than 2,000 criminal suspects died in police custody over a three-year period, half of them killed by officers as they scuffled or attempted to flee, the government said Thursday.
The study by the Justice Department's Bureau of Justice Statistics is the first nationwide compilation of the reasons behind arrest-related deaths in the wake of high-profile police assaults or killings involving Abner Louima and Amadou Diallo in New York in the late 1990s.

The review found 55% of the 2,002 arrest-related deaths from 2003 through 2005 were due to homicide by state and local law enforcement officers. Alcohol and drug intoxication caused 13% of the deaths, followed by suicides at 12%, accidental injury at 7% and illness or natural causes, 6%. The causes for the deaths of the remaining 7% were unknown.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/nation/2007-10-11-custody_N.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_in_custody
Welcome back Slith...Nuff Said.

Writer

PostThu May 01, 2014 2:00 pm » by Shikaze

"If Federico's mother suffers because of the applauses I'm sorry, but I do not reply to a mother's grief. However one must not mix up truth with pietism."

No, you c*nt. You are not sorry. You don't even grasp the concept of sorry, nor do you grasp the concept of basic common decency.

I am not a violent person by nature, but whenever I read something like that I want to hit people over the head until their loose screws are tightened again. Who controls the controller, who protects us from the protectors? Don't they do any prior screening in regards to loose screws, sociopathy, sadism or mental retardation, whatever it is these guys suffer from? If you pour shit into an uniform it remains shit and you get a stained uniform. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to figure that out.

Other police unions distanced themselves from Sap. Police chief Alessandro Pansa expressed his solidarity to Aldrovandi's family and described his subordinates' behaviour as "deeply offensive".

Pro tip:
If you are offended, like everybody with two functioning brain cells would be, then put that guy and the guys who cheered on unpaid leave for the rest of their lifes. Don't wag a finger like the UN, do something, because you are in a position to do something. If you don't, then all of your talking isn't worth shit and the next person they kill is on your conscience. In case you have one.

Conspirator

PostThu May 01, 2014 3:07 pm » by Fatdogmendoza

Chaindrive wrote:Either THESE guys ARE the GOON SQUAD... or something FAR more deeper is in this as to why this kid was killed and NOBODY has EVER mentioned it... obviously this kid was at the right place at the wrong time and may have absolutely nothing to do with the real motives directly, except for being there and the connections to .... (as in the 6 degrees of separation factor).

Italians are seriously known for vendettas either MOB related or not... justice HAS to be served and if one cant get to whos really responsible, then take out on the closest relative they can find..

:mrgreen:
Canubis wrote:slith dont b A noob.. u r my no 1 mo fo

Writer

PostThu May 01, 2014 3:13 pm » by Shikaze

I'm not gonna say the kid wasn't killed to some dubious connection to the cosa nostra or anything, because I simply can't know that.
But the connection would not explain the other officers cheering for their killer brethren. Are you insinuating that *all* of them are in this and the two were just the scapegoats? And how would the cosa nostra react to this amount of attention given to the case? I can't see them cheering and dancing in the streets about this, seeing that the "older" crime organisations have vastly different approaches to conducting their business than street gangs.

Conspirator

PostThu May 01, 2014 7:06 pm » by 99socks

Chaindrive wrote:Either THESE guys ARE the GOON SQUAD... or something FAR more deeper is in this as to why this kid was killed and NOBODY has EVER mentioned it... obviously this kid was at the right place at the wrong time and may have absolutely nothing to do with the real motives directly, except for being there and the connections to .... (as in the 6 degrees of separation factor).

Italians are seriously known for vendettas either MOB related or not... justice HAS to be served and if one cant get to whos really responsible, then take out on the closest relative they can find..

If one looks FAR more deeper, more than positive THIS is where it WILL lead... Mob related OR not... but the key word IS vendetta..

I believe this far more then some random killing of some drug induced kid with a attitude...

I actually had that thought- that the kid was some kind of evil, notorious twat, and then I thought- even so, I can't imagine it being normal to cheer the death of someone like a gang of Palestinians *supposedly* cheering on the twin towers' demise.