Poll: Ron Paul Ties Obama. Say what?!

Conspirator

PostTue Jan 10, 2012 4:35 pm » by Rydher

I'd like to see Gingrich and Perry drop out after NH. That's roughly 21 points, if you believe the polling data. I think that 21 points would be split between Santorum and Paul with the edge to Santorum and of course, some of that going to Romney.

Ideally, since I've come full circle and I'm back in the Ron Paul camp. I'd like to see Ron Paul Vs. Romney for the nomination. The odds of that happening is almost as unlikely as Romney dropping out.

Conspirator

PostTue Jan 10, 2012 6:12 pm » by Constabul

rydher wrote:I'd like to see Gingrich and Perry drop out after NH. That's roughly 21 points, if you believe the polling data. I think that 21 points would be split between Santorum and Paul with the edge to Santorum and of course, some of that going to Romney.

Ideally, since I've come full circle and I'm back in the Ron Paul camp. I'd like to see Ron Paul Vs. Romney for the nomination. The odds of that happening is almost as unlikely as Romney dropping out.

I think I awoke in another parallel reality after reading this comment.
:mrgreen:
Everything seems the same except rydher

(Just kidding)

Initiate

PostTue Jan 10, 2012 6:26 pm » by Sentientseed

For me...it is Ron Paul or no one. I will write Ron Paul in. I really don't care if people say it is a waste of time. I think the rest are a waste of time. As far as Santorum goes...he scares the shit out of me. Seems to want a Christian Theocratic U.S. It is fine to have whatever ideals one wants to hold to...but when someone wants to force em down everyone elses throat by law...they shouldn't feel to surprised to find they are being shoved right back up their ass.

As far as the jab toward Masonry goes...

I think I am just gonna start tossin' that up as willful ignorance. If folks really read how our country was set up...the similarities to Masonry are astounding. If folks really wanna know what the Masonic Lodge is like instead of speculation based off other peoples b.s., petition your local lodge and join. Consider it an infiltration if you wish. I think you will find these ridiculous rants unfounded.

As far as secrecy...I will quote a Bible verse to better show at least one masonic ideal toward secrecy. Oh...and before ya holler about religion....I am not religious at all. I use religious texts as learning material as a would any other reading material. In a Masonry, a "holy" text is used as a rule (not a commandment but an instrument to measure oneself) and a guide (again not a command but a general outline such as a map one would get at an amusement park).

Bible verse...

Matthew 6
1Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven.

2Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

3But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth:

4That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly.

5And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

6But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

7But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.

8Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him.

You do not have to be a "believer" to get the point just as you do not have to believe in a literal Yertle the Turtle to understand the message.

If one doesn't believe in keeping something to themselves that was told to them in confidence, I have my doubts that they would be considered very trust worthy. Personally, I believe that in this day and age, nothing Masonic really requires secrecy and most all the books on Masonry are available to general public if they wish to buy them.

But there is good in charity work done in secret. It provides something needed to someone without them feeling indebted. :)

Some of the founding fathers were either Masons, had ties to Masonry or other supposed "secret" organizations, or held high respect for Masonry and other Masons.

Not all...but most Masonic Lodge meetings are the biggest bore next to watching paint dry. But keep going on and on. Nothing said will convince someone who have already convinced themselves.

Usually I blame individuals for individual actions. Just because someone who became a Freemason may be assumed to affiliated with nefarious ideals and goals...doesn't mean the entire Freemasonic Order is No more than one could blame an entire church for the actions of a pedo priest.

But...enjoy your scapegoat and feel free to continue to claim intimate knowledge about something all the while proclaiming that those of us who are involved in such are mere peons who have no clue.

I am a Libertarian, a Freemason, and I will be voting for Ron Paul.
"There is more than just one answer to these questions pointing me in a crooked line. The less I seek my source for some definite...the closer I am to fine!"~Indigo girls

Conspirator

PostTue Jan 10, 2012 6:58 pm » by Rydher

sentientseed wrote:As far as Santorum goes...he scares the shit out of me. Seems to want a Christian Theocratic U.S. It is fine to have whatever ideals one wants to hold to...but when someone wants to force em down everyone elses throat by law

I've took a hard look at everyone, which is why I bounced around on my choice. Turns out I went full circle. I like Santorum but was concerned about this very issue you brought up. When I looked into it, heard him answer questions on it. I was satisfied that he doesn't want to force his views on everyone by law. Every instance of him seemingly saying that, he said what he would like and what he believes but would not create laws and force other people to follow what he thinks is right.

That being said, I have other issues with him. Mainly his well explained compromises on government entitlement programs. He has great reasons for his votes, that I find myself agreeing with. But it happens to much for my liking. The nail in the coffin was a PDF from his campaign touting is accomplishments.

Conspirator

PostTue Jan 10, 2012 7:20 pm » by Chronicnerd

sentientseed wrote:Maybe I am reading this wrong but it looks to me as if Republicans would rather vote for Obama than to elect any other candidate besides Romney...who seems closer to Obama than the rest anyway.

So maybe it isn't that there is not a choice. Maybe even though people like to complain about the problems they would rather keep things status quo than risk real change.

Course I could be looking at the chart wrong. Have do so before.

The source of your data is the problem... :flop:

That comes from CBS...and they are basing their *facts* on only 1,413 people.
There are *roughly* around 150,000,000 eligible voters...of that it fluctuates as to how many will vote.

So... that is... about 0.00000942 of a % of the potential voters...

This poll was conducted by telephone from January 4-8, 2012 among 1,413 adults nationwide, including 1,247 interviews were conducted with registered voters. Phone numbers were dialed from samples of both standard land-line and cell phones. The error due to sampling for results based on the entire sample could be plus or minus three percentage points. The margin of error for the sample of registered voters could be plus or minus three points. The error for subgroups may be higher. This poll release conforms to the Standards of Disclosure of the National Council on Public Polls.

That means they are first *claiming* they called people who were actually "GOP" minded folks...as well...they *claim* nation wide... but all they have to do is talk to 1 or 2 people from a few states on the northern, southern, eastern, and western US borders/region to claim it is "nation wide".

CBS is known to be Obama nuts... so... their numbers are *very* likely nothing more than their channel has been for the past 3.1 years...propaganda...

Don't fall for the BS...

It would be like me sampling a teaspoon from the corner of various parts of the ocean, doing a chemical analysis of it... and then claiming the ocean is primarily made of "X" chemical compounds... which is bad science and bad predictive analysis techniques.

Get a sample of like 50k to 100k people...and then you are talking "better" numbers...

Super Moderator

PostTue Jan 10, 2012 7:21 pm » by The57ironman

I've took a hard look at everyone, which is why I bounced around on my choice. Turns out I went full circle.

funny how that is...

the system is set up to daze and confuse...

how many seconds are there in between images on the ....tevilision..?

how much time is allowed for each subject on a news show...?

thank you edward bernays and the global elites media mindf*uck mushine... :dunno:

Super-rich rush to buy 'Italian Job' style gold bars

Economic uncertainties trigger rush for 12.5kg gold bars, worth about £300,000 each

Conspirator

PostTue Jan 10, 2012 8:11 pm » by Rydher

@CN - Good to see you're still around. Have you decided on who you are going to vote for?

@Ironman - It is set up to be an overload of information, both disinfo and real. I still stand by the thought that it's ultimately the individual voters responsibility to wade through the mounds of data and make their own informed decision. Relying on someone else to do all the work for you and you wind up right where we are today.

Initiate

PostTue Jan 10, 2012 8:19 pm » by Sentientseed

When I looked into it, heard him answer questions on it. I was satisfied that he doesn't want to force his views on everyone by law. Every instance of him seemingly saying that, he said what he would like and what he believes but would not create laws and force other people to follow what he thinks is right.

I have seen the videos and such where he said what you say. I've have seen others and listened to radio interviews where he basically says gods law and our civil law must comply with each other. Yet, he condemns Islamic Nations for the same. I've heard him say something along the lines of libertarinish folk believe we shouldn't get involved in the bedroom and that was not how a true conservative views the world.

In the smaller interviews he really goes off sometimes. When on national stage...he doesn't go to the same lengths that he does when on a smaller stage. You may buy his shortened select choice of words he uses on a national stage...but he has said enough on the smaller stages that there is no way I'd even consider him regardless of any of his other ideas that I may find interesting. He chest thumps his religious beliefs way too much and uses it to garner attention. He should read Matthew a bit more himself since he claims to be sooo Christian.

He is against gay marriage and most any form of abortion it seems. Yet, according to some, his wife had to have a partial one herself. He ramrods his "so called" right to life...yet has no qualms sending the living to die in wars against what he calls radical islam. He is a hypocrite and the implications of Christian Theocracy are too close for my comfort.

Ron Paul is a christian and I don't here him going around chest thumping it. He addresses the real issues and gets annoyed when people get into superficial b.s. talking points. Ron Paul doesn't believe in abortion either but he also doesn't believe in sending people to die in senseless wars. What does he say about gay marriage? He says the fed should stay out of it and leave it to the states to decide. As it should be.

As far as I am concerned, there is no other candidate in the general election. I voted for Ron Paul last time and there is nothing any of the others have said that have swayed that. Quite the contrary. Nearly every time I hear them talk, although I do like some of the points they make, it cements me so hard toward ron paul that I doubt diamonds could cut me away.

If Ron Paul was a more eloquent and fluid speaker....he'd have a much better go at it. He is getting better and better at it though.
"There is more than just one answer to these questions pointing me in a crooked line. The less I seek my source for some definite...the closer I am to fine!"~Indigo girls

Super Moderator

PostTue Jan 10, 2012 8:39 pm » by Seahawk

Getting there- Let's go, Ron Paul!!! Whoop!!!

Upload to Disclose.tv

Upload to Disclose.tv

We gather knowledge faster than we gather wisdom. - William Bell

Conspirator

PostWed Jan 11, 2012 2:16 pm » by Rydher

Ron Paul To Everyone But Mitt: Drop Out

MANCHESTER, New Hampshire—Rep. Ron Paul's campaign called on the rest of the Republican field to drop out of the race and unite behind him in order to defeat Mitt Romney.

“We urge Ron Paul’s opponents who have been unsuccessfully trying to be the conservative alternative to Mitt Romney to unite by getting out of the race and uniting behind Paul’s candidacy,” campaign chair Jesse Benton said in a statement.

Read the full statement below:

LAKE JACKSON, Texas – Ron Paul tonight scored an historic second-place victory in the 2012 New Hampshire Primary. Below please find comments from National Campaign Chairman Jesse Benton:

“Ron Paul tonight had an incredibly strong second-place finish in New Hampshire and has stunned the national media and political establishment.

“When added to Paul’s top-tier showing in Iowa, it’s clear he is the sole Republican candidate who can take on and defeat both Mitt Romney and Barack Obama.

“The race is becoming more clearly a two-man race between establishment candidate Mitt Romney and Ron Paul, the candidate of authentic change. That means there is only one true conservative choice.

"Ron Paul has won more votes in Iowa and New Hampshire than any candidate but Mitt Romney.

"Ron Paul and Mitt Romney have been shown in national polls to be the only two candidates who can defeat Barack Obama.

"And Ron Paul and Mitt Romney are the only two candidates who can run a full, national campaign, competing in state after state over the coming weeks and months. Ron Paul's fundraising numbers -- over $13 million this quarter -- also prove he will be able to compete with Mitt Romney. No other candidate can do all of these things.

"Ron Paul is clearly the conservative alternative to Mitt Romney as the campaign goes forward.

“We urge Ron Paul’s opponents who have been unsuccessfully trying to be the conservative alternative to Mitt Romney to unite by getting out of the race and uniting behind Paul’s candidacy.

“Ron Paul has the boldest plan to cut spending, a dedication to protecting life, and a lifelong dedication to the Constitution and limited government. He also has the necessary support to campaign nationwide against Mitt Romney.

“Our campaign is already planning ahead for South Carolina, Florida, and beyond. Soon Ron Paul will head to South Carolina to begin a feverish round of campaigning.

“Ron Paul is in this race for the long haul. And he is ready to fight.

“See you on the campaign trail.”

PreviousNext