Pope begins Bible-reading on TV THIS WEEK

Initiate
User avatar
Posts: 104
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:28 am

PostTue Oct 07, 2008 4:14 pm » by Qiqiba


C'mon, people. What next are you going to take as strange? Imam reading Koran? Bush eating publicly a hamburger?

The pope reading Bible wasn't even broadcasted live. Have you noticed? :lol:

Initiate
User avatar
Posts: 673
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:20 pm

PostTue Oct 07, 2008 6:32 pm » by 7hidden7agenda7


tbh, it seems to me that showing the pope, publicly reading, out loud, the bible.... Is just an implausable way of trying desperately to convince people that the pope isn't, in fact, as pure evil as he looks!
Expedite Your Imminent Demise. Or Die Trying!

Master Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 13293
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:27 pm

PostFri Oct 10, 2008 11:18 am » by Drjones


If his faith(pope)in his creator is SO STRONG then why does he feel the need to try and RAM his religion and beliefs down the throats of as many people as he can.Someone with TRUE belief does not need others to idolise him.The pope on TV is just another way to keep people in their BOX,HE DONT KNOW ANY MORE ABOUT LIFE AND THE UNIVERSE THAN a homeless man in new york city...come to think of it...why aint he out trying to help those folks...what about the folks in Africa too...what about the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan :?: Why are'nt they trying to intervene and stop this in the name of LOVE which was the true message of the bible?
i'll tell you why cos they are bought and paid for......probably with taxpayers money :scary:
Long live TRUE FREEDOM of expression.. :flop:
Image

Writer
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:43 pm

PostThu Oct 23, 2008 7:25 pm » by AVIator


drjones wrote:If his faith(pope)in his creator is SO STRONG then why does he feel the need to try and RAM his religion and beliefs down the throats of as many people as he can.Someone with TRUE belief does not need others to idolise him.The pope on TV is just another way to keep people in their BOX,HE DONT KNOW ANY MORE ABOUT LIFE AND THE UNIVERSE THAN a homeless man in new york city...come to think of it...why aint he out trying to help those folks...what about the folks in Africa too...what about the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan :?: Why are'nt they trying to intervene and stop this in the name of LOVE which was the true message of the bible?
i'll tell you why cos they are bought and paid for......probably with taxpayers money :scary:
Long live TRUE FREEDOM of expression.. :flop:


Coming to the Pope's rescue. Well, the poor Pope really did receive quite a beating on this thread! For a start, the video posted on this web is from RAI - an Italian station and as most people would know Italy is a ''Christian'' nation. RAI often air religious themed shows, because, many people enjoy them and many of the RAI views are elderly Catholics. That's what TV stations do, they put shows on that people will watch aimed at target audiences. They also air a lot of programs, that challenge the claims of the Catholic Church, for those that are worried about balance.

I hardly consider reading the bible, as ramming one's religious views down other people's throats. If you feel this sensation, please change the station. You are free. And as for why isn't the Pope trying to help poor people in Africa or people off the streets, stop war- um...I'm afraid a list of all the social good the Church does for the above mentioned and many more would take up too much space. The Pope is also probably the world's number one diplomat when it comes to speaking out against war and condemning crimes against humanity, once again, I could write a book about it, the problem lies in the fact that the media does not cover the Pope except when there's a good photo opportunity, like his recent visit to the states.

I'm afraid drjones that you are a victim of a commercialized and ideological media. By the way, the Pope is not idolized!

Master Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 13293
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:27 pm

PostThu Oct 23, 2008 8:59 pm » by Drjones


AVIator wrote:
drjones wrote:If his faith(pope)in his creator is SO STRONG then why does he feel the need to try and RAM his religion and beliefs down the throats of as many people as he can.Someone with TRUE belief does not need others to idolise him.The pope on TV is just another way to keep people in their BOX,HE DONT KNOW ANY MORE ABOUT LIFE AND THE UNIVERSE THAN a homeless man in new york city...come to think of it...why aint he out trying to help those folks...what about the folks in Africa too...what about the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan :?: Why are'nt they trying to intervene and stop this in the name of LOVE which was the true message of the bible?
i'll tell you why cos they are bought and paid for......probably with taxpayers money :scary:
Long live TRUE FREEDOM of expression.. :flop:


Coming to the Pope's rescue. Well, the poor Pope really did receive quite a beating on this thread! For a start, the video posted on this web is from RAI - an Italian station and as most people would know Italy is a ''Christian'' nation. RAI often air religious themed shows, because, many people enjoy them and many of the RAI views are elderly Catholics. That's what TV stations do, they put shows on that people will watch aimed at target audiences. They also air a lot of programs, that challenge the claims of the Catholic Church, for those that are worried about balance.

I hardly consider reading the bible, as ramming one's religious views down other people's throats. If you feel this sensation, please change the station. You are free. And as for why isn't the Pope trying to help poor people in Africa or people off the streets, stop war- um...I'm afraid a list of all the social good the Church does for the above mentioned and many more would take up too much space. The Pope is also probably the world's number one diplomat when it comes to speaking out against war and condemning crimes against humanity, once again, I could write a book about it, the problem lies in the fact that the media does not cover the Pope except when there's a good photo opportunity, like his recent visit to the states.

I'm afraid drjones that you are a victim of a commercialized and ideological media. By the way, the Pope is not idolized!



Sorry m8...you are WRONG,WRONG,WRONG.What good does anyone do ie-the pope-running around in his bullet proof cart or parading in front of the tv reading the bible which most of us know inside out-if that aint brainwashing i dont know what is :scary:
I mean he aint very active,he aint "out there" getting things done is he...NOOOO..he's got all his brainwashed followers out there doing "gods work" :D The religious sheep need a sheepdog and he is it i'm afraid. :scary: :sheep:
As for the fact of me being free....yeah right...i suppose tommorrow i'll just decide not to pay my taxes or goto work or pay all my bills....all things i would like to do but the society of FEAR rules supreme...for the moment...change is upon us :shock:
I'm sorry to say it m8 but in my opinion you are WAY behind on the NWO masterplan.You really need to do some REAL research. :evil:
Image

Writer
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:43 pm

PostThu Oct 23, 2008 11:11 pm » by AVIator


drjones wrote:Sorry m8...you are WRONG,WRONG,WRONG.What good does anyone do ie-the pope-running around in his bullet proof cart or parading in front of the tv reading the bible which most of us know inside out-if that aint brainwashing i dont know what is :scary:
I mean he aint very active,he aint "out there" getting things done is he...NOOOO..he's got all his brainwashed followers out there doing "gods work" :D The religious sheep need a sheepdog and he is it i'm afraid. :scary: :sheep:
As for the fact of me being free....yeah right...i suppose tommorrow i'll just decide not to pay my taxes or goto work or pay all my bills....all things i would like to do but the society of FEAR rules supreme...for the moment...change is upon us :shock:
I'm sorry to say it m8 but in my opinion you are WAY behind on the NWO masterplan.You really need to do some REAL research. :evil:


1.I don't understand what it is you have against the Pope...from what I can tell, you clearly have no idea of what the Pope's role is, nor the amount of work he does, nor what it means to be a spiritual leader of the largest Church in the world. I fear you are living in a BUBBLE. In a previous post you asked why the Pope wasn't spreading the message of love, for your information, the first encyclical that the current pope wrote upon beginning his pontificate was ''Deus Caritas Est'' - God is Love, for someone who doesn't spread the message of love, that's a pretty direct message about love, try reading it!

2. ''Most of us know the Bible inside-out.'' To know the Bible is more than just knowing the general outline, or a few famous quotes. Most people that I know and meet don't know the bible well at all, and I'm talking about Christians, your statement is completely false. In fact, I'd be interested to know how much you know about the Bible yourself and the role it plays in the Catholic Church, because not all Christian denominations have the same views on the Bible.

''WRONG WRONG WRONG'' - you make a lot of claims and judgements, but fail to provide any substance to your arguments, if they may even be called that. If you want to know why you're not free, I can give you a hint, you don't reason well.

Master Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 13293
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:27 pm

PostFri Oct 24, 2008 11:04 am » by Drjones


AVIator wrote:
drjones wrote:Sorry m8...you are WRONG,WRONG,WRONG.What good does anyone do ie-the pope-running around in his bullet proof cart or parading in front of the tv reading the bible which most of us know inside out-if that aint brainwashing i dont know what is :scary:
I mean he aint very active,he aint "out there" getting things done is he...NOOOO..he's got all his brainwashed followers out there doing "gods work" :D The religious sheep need a sheepdog and he is it i'm afraid. :scary: :sheep:
As for the fact of me being free....yeah right...i suppose tommorrow i'll just decide not to pay my taxes or goto work or pay all my bills....all things i would like to do but the society of FEAR rules supreme...for the moment...change is upon us :shock:
I'm sorry to say it m8 but in my opinion you are WAY behind on the NWO masterplan.You really need to do some REAL research. :evil:


1.I don't understand what it is you have against the Pope...from what I can tell, you clearly have no idea of what the Pope's role is, nor the amount of work he does, nor what it means to be a spiritual leader of the largest Church in the world. I fear you are living in a BUBBLE. In a previous post you asked why the Pope wasn't spreading the message of love, for your information, the first encyclical that the current pope wrote upon beginning his pontificate was ''Deus Caritas Est'' - God is Love, for someone who doesn't spread the message of love, that's a pretty direct message about love, try reading it!

2. ''Most of us know the Bible inside-out.'' To know the Bible is more than just knowing the general outline, or a few famous quotes. Most people that I know and meet don't know the bible well at all, and I'm talking about Christians, your statement is completely false. In fact, I'd be interested to know how much you know about the Bible yourself and the role it plays in the Catholic Church, because not all Christian denominations have the same views on the Bible.

''WRONG WRONG WRONG'' - you make a lot of claims and judgements, but fail to provide any substance to your arguments, if they may even be called that. If you want to know why you're not free, I can give you a hint, you don't reason well.



Yeah i dont reason well...do i goto HELL for that :D
Look m8...BLAH,BLAH,BLAH....go and spread your lies elsewhere :evil:
You are unwittingly one of the :sheep:
WAKE UP...go and watch the first Zeitgeist movie,bit about religion and get back to me :mrgreen:
Image

Writer
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:43 pm

PostFri Oct 24, 2008 3:54 pm » by AVIator


drjones wrote:Yeah i dont reason well...do i goto HELL for that :D
Look m8...BLAH,BLAH,BLAH....go and spread your lies elsewhere :evil:
You are unwittingly one of the :sheep:
WAKE UP...go and watch the first Zeitgeist movie,bit about religion and get back to me :mrgreen:


I'm one of the sheep and proud of it...we are the flock, Jesus is the shepherd.
For someone who is so afraid of lies, I suggest that you concentrate your research
on more than just films and internet sites. I am not ignorant of the fact though that your
stance of Christianity is influenced by protestantism in the United States, thus, your
distrust may be understandable. But you might be surprised to learn that there are many
learned Catholics who actually do study exactly what the film Zeitgeist talks about - Pagan astrological beliefs compared to modern and ancient religions, similarities of major religious figures etc. In fact, it's a must study for priests. The Zeitgeist says nothing new that you can't learn taking a course in theology.

As for the films points about the possibility of people being manipulated by large institutions, governments and economic powers and the numerous questionable aspects of this Sept 11 - all very pertinent issues and real threats.

I like films and documentaries like Zeitgeist, I was brought up on that stuff. You are not arguing with just any indoctrinated sheep here, my passion is the truth and dispelling people's misconceptions. Question everything!

Master Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 13293
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:27 pm

PostFri Oct 24, 2008 4:03 pm » by Drjones


Yeah ok :| ..people like to say.."Hey don't believe everyhting you read in the papers m8"..I'm like yeah..thanks for the advice.Same goes for the bible i think too...when you think about the bible why has it been released so many times...new world translation and such.Hmmm the truth is the truth...it think the bible i saw was-"The new world translation of the holy scriptues-this was a jehovahs witness bible,i then got one from the mormons who come knocking on the door,their bible was completely different,ye this and yay that.
The truth is the truth...NEVER should it be altered FOR ANY REASON but it is and has been for many thousands of years..why...well the only logical reason is to manipulate people's thoughts and perceptions about the world we live in so that they can be pretty much controlled on demand.I'm sure the rabbit hole goes really deep but i dont have alot of time right now and probably not enough space here on disclose.

Later..."Baaaaaa" :sheep:
Image

Writer
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:43 pm

PostFri Oct 24, 2008 11:35 pm » by AVIator


drjones, I think we agree more than you realise! You confirmed my suspicion...you have been heavily influenced by protestantism. The Catholic Church and it's official translation of the Bible cannot be compared to the Mormons and Jehovas Witnesses (who are not really Christian but only claim to be. A Christian is someone who believes that Jesus is the actual son of God, JW claim Jesus to be only an angel). These are actually cults. As for the translation of the Bible - there's one more reason why the Catholic Church teaches that there can only be ''one true catholic (universal) and apostolic (descending from the first apostles) Church.'' With the rise of protestantism after the reformation, new and unofficial translations of the Bible started to appear, pretty soon you had lots of different church's springing up in opposition to the Catholic Church, each with their own interpretation of the Bible, each claiming that they had the truth...the only problem being, that they forget who actually put the Bible together - the Catholic Church! That's right, the Bible didn't just magically appear! It is a collection of many different writings, spanning thousands of years. Many protestant Churches, particularly in America for some reason, started acting like the Bible had come down from Heaven, written by the very hand of God, when in fact, it is the result of a Catholic Church council. In fact, if the Bible were to contain all the literature of the day pertaining to Jesus and the apostles, it would be a lot bigger than what it is now. Yet all these cults and other denominations depend on the original compilation that the Church which they reject put together, now that's backwards. The Bible is not dangerous in itself, in fact, it can be quite boring in parts and difficult to understand in others which is why outside of the Catholic Church, anyone claiming to know the Bible, or preach from it, can't be trusted!

I also agree with you statement that truth should never be altered for any reason. To paraphrase Mulder, 'the truth is bigger than you or me!' What is the truth that you are looking for drjones? Mulder was always looking for the truth about the existence of aliens but in the end when he discovered that truth he realized that that wasn't the end all, be all of his existence, but hoped for something greater - ''that the dead are not lost to us, that they speak to us, as part of something greater than us - greater than any alien force (or NWO), And if you and I are powerless now, I want to believe that if we listen to what's speaking, it can give us the power to save ourselves.''


PreviousNext

  • Related topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post
Visit Disclose.tv on Facebook